Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

Hope you are all ok  :)

Well, yesterday and today i have had a severe loss of appetite  ??? i only want things with cheese or white chocolate ( which i usually hate )

I was cooking a stew yesterday and whilst it was cooking it was making me feel more and more sick  ^confused^ to the point that i had to open all of the windows to get rid of the smell ! i usually love stew ! i am not actually vomiting, i just feel really sick..... do you think this is a side effect of my high blood pressure ( Dr is monitoring it )

Bell xxx

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hi Bell,

I would say it is a side effect of.... pregnancy!   I had exactly the same.  I went off my food completely and could only eat small bites of anything in the first few weeks.  This lasted to about 10-12 weeks or so and I am now getting my appetite back.  I actually managed to lose a few pounds and still haven't put on any weight over my pre-pregnancy weight.

Personally I wouldn't worry.  The baby will be getting whatever nutrients it needs from you anyway (they are like a parasite!!) so just eat as and when you feel like it.

Hope this helps

Amanda
x

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Hi Bell

I didn't really have much of the way of morning sickness in my first tri but from about 6/7 weeks I really went off food.  It wasn't that I was feeling sick or anything I just had no appetite at all until I reached about 12/14 weeks and then my appetite came back twice as much as normal  ;D  My blood pressure has been low throughout my PG so I think it is just one of those PG things!

Matty xxx

·
Registered
865 Posts
Bell26

I just wanted to let you know I am only interested in really tasty food at the moment, like curry and thai!  I am 8 weeks today and have been feeling queasy since 4.5 weeks and it is getting worse.  I have to keep eating to keep the queasiness away (mainly grapes and rich tea biscuits).  I had a really excellent diet before pregnancy and now I can't even look at broccoli without feeling awful.  We had also bought a bread maker about 3 months ago and at the beginning of my pregnancy I loved eating lots of bread and jam, which I can't eat now.  When I smell the bread being baked I am running to the bathroom, it's awful, I too, have to open all the windows.

In answer to your question, I think it is just pregnancy and don't think it is unusual at all.

Siamese x

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Bell

I would say that its the pregnancy that is making you feel sick.  I had exactly the same in the beginning decided to do stew and dumplings one of our fav meals and I couldn't eat it, had to freeze it in the end  ::)  I even got one out of the freezer the other week and still couldn't eat it.  I have also gone off steak which again was a favourite.

x x x

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hi all,

Scooby - That is so spooky , I done the same with my neck of lamb stew (typing these words is making me gag!! ^idiot^) last week, cooked it gagged....froze it....defrosted it gagged...threw it out!!!

I am amazed at how little I want to eat, and do worry that my pre pregnancy fruit and veg fest, is no longer, as I can't bear the smell of steamed veg ^eyes^.

So Bell, I think it's perfectly natural to be feeling as you do.... because your going to be a Mummy  ^hugme^

Take care
Mummy P

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Mummy P

Your appetite will come back  ;)  I still can't face steak  ::)  ::)

xxx

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi all
Had exactly the same for a long time, went off meat, broccoli and lots of veg I used to like.I had very little nausea but could only cope with very small portions of anything, I did think at one point I was going to go through the whole pregnancy living on sandwiches or melon!
My MW's advice was 'little and often' and keep up with the fluids.
Your appetite will come back, but I must admit it took till week 30 before I could face a whole chicken breast and still can't 'do' broccoli! :)
Dawn x

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Bell - snap! No appetite really at all and when I do eat, its only small meals. I am at the same stage as Mooer and am hoping my appetite comes back soon!  ;D

Karen x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts