Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a newbie.

I first logged onto this site over a year ago and have been watching from afar.  Today I have decided it's the right time to become a member.
After 4 long yrs of trying to conceive we eventually done something productive and went to our GP who referred us to our fertility clinic.  It transpired that my DH has low motility which was a blow especially to him.  In Nov 07 we started our icsi treatment, everything went really well and to our amazement we got a positive result (which we did not expect)  Hearing the heartbeat at 7 weeks was amazing and so was seeing the scan at 13 wks.  At 18 wks we got a call from the midwife telling us to comes in ASAP as my bloods weren't right!  We went for an emergency anomaly scan and we told our baby had severe spina bifida and damage to be brain 19 Mar 08.  We had to make the most difficult decision in our lifes and terminated our much much wanted pregnancy.  I gave birth to my son on the 22 Mar 08.  I never ever thought I would be in this situation my heart breaks every day thinking about it.  I so much want to get back on the self funding waiting list but I can't until our consultant appointment which we will get the results of our post mortem is another 4 wks away.  I am so sorry to join this board with such a negative story.  I have joined another board for support on the decision I made but No one there appears to have been through treatment to conceive.  If you have got to the end of my introduction thanks v. much for listening. :'(

Ed xx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ed I'm so sorry to read about your loss  ^hugme^
I'm just starting out on my first IVF cycle after ttc naturally and know how desperately you and your DH will have dreamt and hoped for your son.
Fertility Friends has given me great comfort and support on my journey and I know you will find lots of love and empathy here too.
Thinking of you and your DH
KPx

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Ed i'm so sorry to read of your loss, I can't begin to imagine the grieve you are consumed with right now.  I hope you find FF the life support that its been to me and in your own time you can move forward with further treatment.

Thinking of you both at this difficult time.

Bev xx

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of your loss and hope that you can get back into a new cycle soon, even though you have lost you're precious little boy he will always be with you in you're thoughts and hearts and will always no matter how many other children you go on to have, he will be you're first born son, and you will never forget him.  I hope that everything goes ok for you, chick  ^hugme^

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Ed,

So sorry to hear your story. I wish you loads and loads of luck on your next cycle  ^reiki^

i can't imagine what you have been through, my thoughts are with you.  ^hugme^

Han xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Oh Ed, your story is very heartbreaking and I am very sorry to hear of your loss and the painful decision you had to make. ^hugme^

We have a part of this board dedicated to the memories of angel babies and children. Many ladies here find it comforting to have a place to talk to / about their lost loved ones.

Forget me not ~ CLICK HERE

And you could also check out the Pregnancy loss boards here too:

Pregnancy loss ~ CLICK HERE

I am sure you wil find members in this area who will support you with your thoughts and feelings right now.

While you are waiting until your can try again, please do check out the rets of the boards and post / chat wherever you find comfortable. I will leave a few suggestions to start you off below:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

ICSI ~ CLICK HERE

In Between Treatment ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Welcome to FF and lots of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi, I'm sor sorry to hear what you have been through, I know there is nothing that anyone can say to make you feel any better but I hope you find the support you need here.

Sending you lot's of  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Rachel

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your kind words  ^hugme^ It's good to chat to women who are going through the same emotional journey of treatment as myself.  Sending you all  ^reiki^ for the next part of your journeys you will all be taking ^fairydust^ .

Ed xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
[color
=#0027ff]Hi ed and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of advice and support.

I am so so sorry to read your story, i was nearly in tears that you had to make that very hard decision it really cannot have been easy.

I just want to wish you luck for the future and i hope you get your dream.

Kate xx[/color]​

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.