Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls......Good luck!

Changed your thread name, hope you like it.

Laine x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Welshy

Just wanted to say what fantastic news you've had. So pleased for you ;D May this be your time ;)

Good luck.

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Soozzee. Just wanted to say thinking about you and understand how perfectly disappointing, frustrating and inconvenient that all is. Maybe at lease the weatehr can be kind to us. love albali

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Everyone

Thanks so much for all your good wishes... We were really upset on Thursday & Friday, but now we're back to counting the days :) Just 16 to go ...

As I mentioned, we're probably going to be in Brittany when we need a scan & blood test (it needs to be on day 14-17 next month). Does anyone know anything about clinics in France? As if it's not hard enough getting that sort of thing organised in the UK, we now have to complicate it by going to France :D

I hope everyone's had a great weekend - how good is it to have three days off?

Susie
x

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Good luck Susie - wow! Complicated - sorry I know nothing about clinics in France - xan barely count to ten in french so am not much help to you - all I can do is wish you allthe best - glad you are back on the "up" again on this crazy rollercoaster ride though! :D

Just wanted to send best wishes and thoughts to you all.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Deb x

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Deb

That's about my limit in French - but luckily MIL used to be a French teacher. Not sure if she knows the right vocabulary though - like what's french for endometrial lining thickness??? Also, I'm not sure that I want here there while having an internal scan!!! not even something to think about :)

Susie
x

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Susie,

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck.

Met up with Indianna on Saturday and she was telling me about Madrid. Sounds really good.

Laine x

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just a quickie from me. Good luck Susie and congrats Welshy - soon on your way ^reiki^

I'm taking some time to understand where we are going - we think "us" time is well overdue, so sorry if I am not around as much ^twitch^ - keeping an eye on you all though xxx

Lot of love and best wishes for the future, Nicky xxxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi. Don't know much about clinics in France but did live there for a while and know that Nantes is a big university city in Brittany so I imagine there should be facilities there. What do we do in this pursuit. love albali

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Everyone

Thanks so much for your support ... I'm very lucky to have been in touch with someone on another board who speaks French; she's doing some investigation for me about clinics :) It's amazing how helpful everyone is!

Hope everyone is doing wel; it seems to have gone a bit quiet here recently - I guess that's the nature of this though isn't it?

Susie
x

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Hi Girls

I hope you are all doing ok. Where has the spring gone? It's been a miserable, cloudy week hasn't it?

I have got 2 days off work. Today we went to Cambridge to see the registrar to talk about vows, readings and music. I was all quite emotional really. I don't know what I will be like on the day, probably blubber my way through the whole thing knowing me!!

Have been really good with my fitness for the past couple of weeks. I have really got into the routine of going before work and I really love it. Once I have managed to prise myself out of bed it's great I am buzzing all day then (well until about 3.30 and I do have a bit of slump then!!) I have also been going to pilates and yoga too. What a little ^angel^ I am!!

Suzie - hope you are doing ok not long to wait now hun? Are you getting excited now?

Nicki - I hope you are doing ok hun and enjoying time out with DH. We all get those times when we just don't know which way to turn. It all gets a bit much every now and then. I think we are all incredible strong and we hold it together very well. Hang in their girlie - we are all rooting for you.

Jan - have you heard any more about your treatment yet? Let us know .....

Hi to all the other lovely ladies in waiting .... anyone got any good news to tell us?

Have a good weekend everyone apparently the weather is going to brighten up a bit.

Lots of love
Indianna xxxxx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Indianna,

Been thinking of you!!

Just wondered what you preferred Yoga or Pilates?

Laine x

·
Registered
618 Posts
;D :eek: ;D
Hiya all, I have found you again, got confused as to where we were :p :p
Thanks for your support and congrats all. I start d/r on 22 may. Very nervous, this is the one we hope. Not totally sure how it all works re dates and all that but sure it will be fine. DH wants to cacel my bday celibrations on june10 just in case I do not feel well or have to go to clinic. I told him NO WAY, I only turn 35 once for G's sake.
Indianna, your wedding will be just FABEROONIE!!!!!!!
Laine, hope you are well.
To all the other ladies, all our dreams will come true for all of us one day soon I am positive of that.
Take care all.
Love WelshyXXXXXXXXXXXXX

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Laine

Definitely prefer yoga (cos I'm better at it!!). I've been doing yoga for about 6 years and it really improves your suppleness and gets rid of any stress. Yoga works with your mind, body and breathing. Wonderful.

Pilates is to do with core strength, so it improved the muscles around middle area. The breathing is totally different and the moves are very suble but can be very difficult to do. It will improve saggy tummies very quickly!!

Have a go!

Jan, good luck with cycle - be thinking of ya!

Love Indianna XX

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi girls - was also wondering where the old thread had gone so hello everyone

Indianna - good onya with the ex regime - I also have done Yoga for years and love it - we did a sponsored yogathon day recently and one lady was 85 and blind and managed the whole day and only fell over once - bless her!!
I also do pilates and teach a bit so enjoy both really

Suzie- hope you are ok and not stressing out too much as you said you would be in France at one point - it all gets a bit complicated doesnt it !!!

Jan - fingers crossed for your tx and defo dont forget to celebrate your birthday - its just not the same on another day is it ???

Nicky - if youre reading the posts - hi and hope you have a lovely hols - we miss you here but know you need time out !!!

...as for me still trying to get fit and slapped on the ol fake tan at the w/e after a leg wax so feeling a bit better and looking forward to a break in Dorset to see my folks soon and going to the stafford meet up with ff next sat - will let you know how it goes

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
;D Sounds like you're all doing soo well with your fitness regimes and beauty stuff..puts me to shame - but does gardening count?! ::) ;D

Don't have much time to post these days as it seems the WHOLE of my family have birthdays in May and as my DH is such a mad cook, we're hosting all the parties - I feel like I've washed all our bedding, crockery etc.. a BILLION times in the few weeks.

Hope the weather is as good fro the rest of you as is it here in sunny Wales.

Posted on the CARE board as found out about this CMV thing and , although it sounded so straight forward when they spoke to me, trying to convince DH was a different matter.. ::) ;D

Take care, all of you...

D xx

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Everyone

It's too depressing on this board - everone talking about fitness regimes :) I really must start exercising... I did start riding my bike, managed it for a coupe of days but then it seemed to ffcall by the wayside...

We're all set for down regging tomorrow - I'm off to the Lister for an injection which is the official start of treatment for us. I've been very much in two minds about all of this - excited of course, but also a little upset that we have to go down this route. I think I've got my head round it all now & once we get going it will be just fine!

We're still trying to sort out the clinic in France; I'm still optimistic, but we may end up coming back early for a scan & blood test!

We've agreed to something a bit scarey - we're going to be interviewed for a Channel 4 program! You might have seen the request on here - well, we're going to do it! I spoke to someone about it last night & they're going to come round to our place & film next week!!! We'll be anonymous - but we might be on telly! I'll let you know how we get on & when to set your videos for!

Hope everyone's well & enjoying the glorious weather :) It probably won't be like this for long.

Susie
x

·
Registered
241 Posts
hi Susie - yes saw the post and wondered if you wuold go ahead with it - my only concern would be people I know could be watching who I might not want to know all about our treatment - especially with donor eggs

its only my opinion and Im sure you and dh have thought it all thru and hope you dont feel pressurised
I guess Im trying to say its hard to stay anonymous if youre on telly!

all the best for your tx
buena suerte !!! (trying to learn a bit more spanish before we go to Ibiza in June)

Sarah xx :)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Hi Suzie

Good luck with starting your treatment. I am sure you will be fine. I guess you feel the same as we all do: glad that you have got the opportunity to have the treatment but sad that you have to have it at all. I have been having a sad day about it all today. I haven't thought about IVF and babies for the past 5 months because I have plunged myself head first into planning our wedding but today for some strange reason it all came flooding back.

Ho Hum .... we just have to get on with it eh? I wish I was starting my treatment tomorrow ... lucky old you!!

Good luck hun and keep us posted ... I am excited for you.

All the best with the documentary too. Well done for doing it, we need to get our point across about this crappy donor egg situation in this country.

Love Indianna xx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Indianna ^Cuddle^

Hope things brighten up for you soon, hun ~ funny how things can just catch you out of the blue,

Take care and big hugs, Lizzy xxx

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.