Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just a quick msg as I’m meant to be working...

Klik, sorry to hear about the ashermans diagnosis but atleast now you know you can hopefully get it all sorted ready for your future transfer.

Briss, i’m not too sure about the high blood pressure, could it possibly be caused by the stress of it all? Just a guess.

Afm, had an update from the lab, one grade 2 embryo which has been frozen today (day 3) and the other three are only grade 3 so they are leaving then til monday to see if they go to blast. Feel a little disappointed but i guess atleast they are still going xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Katkat, how many days post transfer are you now? Fingers crossed for you.

Feeling very sorry for myself now, when we got 4 out of 5 eggs fertilise I really had my hopes up thinking we’d done so much better, but really if we only end up with one frozen then its not really any better than when we only had 1 egg fertilise to start with (i’ve been googling and now don’t hold much hope for the grade 3 embies). We’re doing a 3 cycle banking package, this is the 1st one, but if at the end of the 3 cycles things don’t work out then we will have to give up as we can’t afford to keep paying out for treatment and also can’t carry on living this way. So this cycle we did 150 bemfola moving onto 225 menopur, any ideas what i should try next cycle? Sorry for moaning x

·
Registered
297 Posts
Katkat, yes I would think 11dp3dt would be fine to test with a frer. Hopefully it’ll be BFP but if not what are you planning as your next step? 

Do you think theres much chance that poor quality embryos on day 3 can pick up to make ok blastocysts? Not sure what to do now if to go straight into another cycle if I can, or wait a month and then risk more delays cos of a cyst, and also please can anyone who has included letrozole or similar let me know what their protocol was as I think I may ask to try that this time. Xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Anna, I would be concerned too if my clinic made an error like that, and like you say many people wouldnt question it. Do you know what day you will start the estrogen for and for how long?

So for my mild protocol i didnt take femara/letrozole, just 150 bemfola day 2-5, then 225 menopur from day 6. So if i ask my clinic about using letrozole, would this be in addition to the bemfola and what dose/days would I take it? Also can i ask what dose ubiquinol you all take? I usually take 300mg.

Also just to say thank you ladies for your continued support and advice, no one in real life has a clue about any of this so being able to speak to you all on here keeps me sane xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Klik, hopefully tomorrow you will hear  further about booking in your op, waiting around for things to be sorted is the most frustrating thing.

LXP, i would definitely suggest taking a vitamin D supplement as it is really important for fertility and so many people are deficient in it. Good news that an extra follicle was found.

Mac, I think that once you get your positive opk you will ovulate within 48hrs, the smiley face tests once you get a positive they say to stop testing and the positive face stays on the screen for a couple of days (assuming because if you did test again afterwards it will still be positive anyway).

Helen, ahhh a holiday would be amazing. We have a special anniversary coming up this year and have told everyone we are saving up for a really special holiday for it (rather than the truth that we are actually skint paying for treatment), so when the actual anniversary comes around I dont know what we’ll end up doing as everyone thinks we are going on some amazing holiday - hopefully we can do something though.

Anna, it is no surprise that we are always having to read about IVF, different protocols etc, esp as you do feel like they have given up on you. Its such alot of money and heartache that of course we have to do our own research to make sure we feel we are doing whats best and trying new things.

Babyhopeful, when is your test date?

Thanks for all your protocol advice, have emailed my consultant to ask about trying letrozole next month and hopefully we can get sorted before AF arrives to cycle again asap.
The lab had said they would call tomorrow to give a further update on the 3 embies but I had a voicemail earlier asking to call them back, were out for a walk with parents at time so couldnt and when we did try they were closed. So wondering why they called a day early and expecting bad news. Xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
LXP, aslong as there has been growth since your last scan and your estrogen level is increasing, as everyone responds so differently. How long have you been stimming for? Good luck xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
So I got a report sent through by the clinic, they have frozen the 3 day grade 2 8cell, a 3cc and 4cc blast. I know they aren’t great quality but i guess atleast they survived. X

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mac, i’m not sure if she would be able to see if you have a dominant follicle that fertilised, it all sounds a bit of a mystery, but keeping everything crossed for you.

Shady, thanks for sharing your protocol, I’ve been taking ubiquinol for years now though not as much as 600mg, will up my dose. Hope your appt goes well with Dr N.

LXP, I always chat to my embryos after transfer willing them to stick and telling them about how loved they will be if they become my baby, so I think I’m a bit crazy too. Has anyone tried the IVF belief cd, theres 3 separate parts for down reg, stims and then 2ww. They are meant to be hypnotherapy but i’ve never heard more than about the first 5 mins of them as they send me to sleep (though apparently thats fine and it still works in your sub-conscious).

Create have been a bit rubbish, been trying for the last few days to get my meds ready for my next cycle which could start any day (have decided to try back to back if no cyst), but they havent been responding to emails or returning calls. Finally spoke to Dr this afternoon who said they don’t use letrozole in the clinic as its not one of their protocols and was really quizzing me on why I want to try it. So shes going to speak to her colleagues about it. Bit strange as I thought they did it routinely there.

When are all the PUPO ladies testing? I’ve lost track a little with dates but hoping for good news xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Babyhopeful and katkat, so so sorry to hear your news, it’s the worst disappointment esp knowing how hard it is even to get to that stage. Good to hear you are already making plans babyhopeful, I always find it helps (along with the wine!) What clinic were you at this time? Agree with the other ladies though about getting your levels checked before taking DHEA as seen in some cases it can do more harm than good.

Klik, sorry you have to cut your trip short but it will be worth it in the end.

LXP, 8 eggs is fab!! Fingers crossed for your update tomorrow.

Afm, AF started today (ouch) so back to the clinic tomorrow for my baseline to see if my ovaries have ‘bounced back.’  Still not sure if I’m doing the right thing with back to back cycles but I guess aslong as it doesn’t lower egg quality I would rather just get my cycles over with so I can move on with my life either way. 

·
Registered
297 Posts
MA66, i’m also at create doing the 3 cycle package. My protocol last time starting on CD2 was 150 bemfola for 4 days, then switching to 225 menopur. I’ve also had poor fertilisation in previous cycles due to immature eggs, this time I had a double ovitrelle trigger and had a much better result with 4 out of 5 fertilising (with standard IVF).
I asked about using letrozole which was apparently discussed at their weekly meeting and agreed that its not something they would be able to prescribe, which i thought a little strange as it seems such a popular protocol. So think we will be doing the same again this time. Anymore questions on create let me know and I’ll help you wherever I can xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Briss and ross, sorry to hear your news, its so hard.

Mac, sorry you are struggling with the thought of DE, I don’t think you’re being selfish at all and I don’t think anyone can really know what they will do until they are in that situation. For me I think I will go down the DE route after we’ve exhausted all other options, but until I’m at that point I can’t say for sure, my main worry with it is if we would tell family/friends.

LXP, great news on your 3 embryos, fingers crossed they stay strong.

Afm, baseline scan shows we are best to sit out this month. It looks like my ovaries haven’t really recovered as she could still see where they were aspirated at egg collection and also only about 4 follicles. Whilst disappointed i also feel a slight sense of relief that we get to have a little break. My worry now is that i will get a cyst (as always) that will delay me even further. I could take the pill but want to ttc naturally really and also not sure that would help my ovaries recover fully. Xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Anna, so sorry to hear about your disagreement with DH, its such a tough decision but he may change his mind once he has more time to think things through.
Ross, was the bleeding on your ET day leftover from EC? on my first few cycles I always had bleeding for a few days after EC so when I went for ET I was scanned first and as the bleeding wasnt coming from uterus and lining was still good it was ok to do the transfer.
Babyhopeful, sorry you’re finding it hard dealing with family, thats half the reason we haven’t told anyone to avoid any added pressure. Goodluck with your ttc naturally.

So this month we are ttc naturally while hopefully my ovaries heal ready for another mild cycle next month, I was thinking of using cyclogest after ovulation but as I’m so prone to cysts, will progesterone have any affect on if I’m more likely to get one or not? And also do you think using the cyclogest will have any affect at all in terms of my ovaries recovering? Or do you think I’ll be better to have a totally natural cycle? I really don’t want to sit out another cycle if they haven’t bounced back or get a cyst but I also don’t want to take the pill as its so suppressive and I’m already worried about my AFC decreasing - in sept and all previous months its been around 9/10, but in jan after a month on pill it was only 6, this month after EC a week prior its only 4. I really hope it bounces back. Last question, what day to start cyclogest? I don’t have that many left, is it ok to start around 5dpo or does it need to be sooner? Thanks ladies.

Oh and just one last thing, last night I had a dream I was heavily pregnant just to make me feel a little worse...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Klik, i can fully understand your moan, how can people be so insensitive esp your DH’s best friend!! Sometimes its so hard to smile and not bite back.
Thanks for your advice on the estrogen priming protocol, I know we’ve chatted quite a bit about it on here but what exactly would I take? Would I need a scan for cysts before I start it or if I had one already would it go away? And is it ok to take at the same time as cyclogest? I may have a chat with my consultant at create but they don’t seem overly open about trying different things as wouldn’t let me add in letrozole or similar. Xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tily, 3 follies of that size sounds really good, hopefully they all keep growing at the same rate for you.

MA66, what did you decide to do? You’re at create too aren’t you, which surprises me as when I had a cyst less than 20mm I couldn’t cycle, they didn’t even want to check if it was estrogen producing. Who was your consultant?

LXP, congrats on being PUPO, whens ur test date?

Babyhopeful, sorry you’re still feeling rubbish, hopefully a restful wkend will help you feel better.

Pickle, 2hrs to catch up and making notes, thats very impressive!! Can I ask what protocols you had at create? Did you do estrogen priming or a clomid cycle at all?

Annakay, can i ask in regard to your comment about a big follicle turning into a cyst despite a positive OPK and not ovulating, if this happens would you still get a BBT rise? I’m wondering if this is what happens with me. I guess the only way to help this is to take a trigger shot? Sorry that you are having such a rubbish time, I know exactly where you’re coming from about wanting your life back. Me and DH have had so many rough patches around ttc/IVF, mainly me thinking he doesn’t care but in truth he really does care alot he just hasn’t let it take over his life (like me).

Helen, I can’t give you much help, making decisions is one of the worst parts of this and knowing if your doing the right thing. But maybe give estrogen and another scan a try if only so as not to regret it.

Afm, no real news, hopefully will ovulate next week, hope DH is ready!! How i miss the days when sex was spontaneous/romantic. Am planning to take cyclogest after ovulation and then hopefully cycle again next month but will prob have a cyst so in reality could be waiting until april!! Part of me thinks just to take BCP to prevent any cysts but dnt really want to add in anything else this month in the hope my ovaries ‘bounce back’.  One last question, is taking BCP in the luteal phase alone as effective as getting rid of cysts if i took it for the full 3 weeks?

Have a good werkend everyone and enjoy you’re meal tomorrow xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hopeful, lovely news, huge congratulations!

Tily, fingers crossed for your 2 follies, goodluck with your EC on thurs.

Helen, sorry to hear about your embryo. As the other ladies have said, take some time to look after yourself before you make any big decisions, and hopefully you won’t need to cycle again as you still have your 2 frosties.

I know exactly what you mean about wanting to get on with your life, i have spent all of my 30’s so far obsessing over this and think if we haven’t had any luck by the end of the year, well I’m not sure exactly but can’t keep living this way. Maybe will have a few years off to travel/move house etc before moving onto DE, maybe it’ll happen naturally in the meantime but I need to be happy again. Sometimes I still can’t believe I’m in this situation, it doesn’t feel real.

Today am on CD12, would usually ovulate today but nothing, using clearblue OPK but not even a faint line when I take the strip thing out the holder. My ovaries didn’t look great at my scan on CD2 so maybe its just a duff month but still DTD religiously, just incase. Xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
LXP, am so sorry to hear you got bfn, take a bit of time to weigh up your options. Maybe you could do a few clomid cycles before starting another IVF cycle if no luck. That’s what we had planned to do last year while taking time between IVF cycles.

Babyhopeful, could it be ovulation spotting? I know some ladies bleed around ovulation.  I also had a positive opk on thursday (CD14 for me) and was feeling fairly positive until yesterday when I had quite a bad fall and now have a bad pain in my groin area where I think I pulled something, but its so close to where I feel ovary/period pain its hard not to think the worst. However am still taking my leftover cyclogest and hoping for the best. Now this is really silly but I worked out the due date and it would be on my birthday - now my bday is the same as my mums and she jokes that she hasnt had a proper bday since i was born as they have always been overshadowed by mine, so i have always said that i will most likely have my baby the same day and then my bday will be overshadowed too. Silly I know.

Laura, I’ve tried acupuncture along with chinese herbs, whilst it was relaxing it didnt actually do anything for my cycles. I think its work more for some people than for others, but is always good to have some chill out time.

Off for a spa day today anyway, be good to relax... xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just a quick one from me...

Tily, am so so sorry that things haven’t gone well for you, its so devastating as we invest so much in this, but I’m glad you have such a good support network around you with your DH and colleagues. I agree with the other ladies that you most likely were triggered too early.  In my 3rd cycle I had 10 follicles - record for me - but 8 of them were apparently empty and only 1 was mature enough to fertilise!  Was absolutely shocked and gutted. Great news re fostering, i really admire that you are able to do something so positive.

Klik, so pleased all went well for you and that you will be able to get on with transfer asap, fingers tightly crossed for you.

Anna, reading your story about your relationship with your parents has made me feel so sad for you that they could make you feel that way. You are definitely not selfish for not wanting to consider adoption. Sending hugs.

Hello to everyone else xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mac, thank you for sharing your story, how very brave you are, you should be very proud of yourself for everything you have gone through and created a better life for yourself. Sending you hugs.  On a side note, have you read the book Inconceivable by Julia Indichova? Its the story of a lady with very high FSH levels and how she lowered them (in the end she managed to conceive naturally) but even if it helps give you a little hope. Xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Shady, i agree with the other ladies about taking the job, the worst thing is having regrets and this new job sounds like an oppurtunity not to miss. Go for it!!

Lulu, totally agree with the other ladies re trying low stims, I had 3 cycles at high dose stims with low number/poor quality eggs and only ever have 1 fertilise, despite good sperm. Well then I moved to mild and I got 5 eggs and 4 fertilised, with a dose of 150 bemfola switching to 225 menopur from day 5. Estrogen priming i think you would only take the pill after ovulation for a week or so.

Afm, just waiting for AF. I only ever have a 11 day luteal phase that even cyclogest/lubion has never been able to extend, this is the first month ever that I’ve been able to extend it with cyclogest despite a few cramps when AF was due,  it has been a blessing as we have been snowed in for most of the week and would have struggled to get to Create. Have stopped the cyclogest for a few days now so also just waiting for AF. Wonder if I have a cyst now. Xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hey everyone

Katkat, thats good you have made a decision about calling in sick for your meetings, i think I would do the same as would only be thinking ‘what if’ otherwise.

Helen, hope you are having a fab time in Goa.

Babyhopeful, really good to hear you now have a plan in place and are feeling more positive.

How are you getting on with your cycle Queenie?

Hello to everyone else.

Afm, am on day 5 of stims (started 150 bemfola on day 2.) At baseline on sunday they said my ovaries looked to have recovered from Januarys egg collection and for the 1st time ever at a baseline scan without taking the pill I had no cyst. Had another scan today, only 1 good follicle on my left side and maybe 2/3 on the other with quite a few smaller ones that they don’t think will do much. Due to start cetrotide and switching to 225 menopur tonight. I just can’t help feeling disappointed with the low number, I know by now I shouldn’t expect anymore but I always do. Such a worry xx

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.