1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi I thought I’d be the first one to post on here.

Queenie - sorry you ovulated before collection that must be frustrating. I think katkat’s given some good advise there on natural cycle collection. Still it’s positive that you’ve had 2 chemicals out of 3, I understand you worrying about implantation issues now.

Onelastchance - your MIL sounds awful, what a thing to say! I hope trying naturally will work for you, it maybe give you same chances as Ivf is it’s just DOR and no other issues.

Katkat- I’m going to Nepal on family holiday. I’m actually originally from there but haven’t been back in years so will be going to the Kathmandu valley and then explore further afield, maybe to Pokhara, haven’t decided if we’ll go elsewhere.It’s DH’s first time he’s northern Irish and is excited about going.  Thanks for your advise regarding vaccinations that’s helpful. I figured I can’t keep my life on hold during this journey and not do things ‘just incase’I get pregnant, you never know when it’s going to happen...
Congrats on the 24week milestone!

MAC - sorry for your BFN trying naturally, that’s strange though on day 32 no AF. Are your cycles normally long? Thank you also about your advise on vaccinations that’s really helpful.

Dorchester - you asked me how I found ARGC, they are intense for conventional ivf, daily blood tests, sometimes twice a day on week 2, you have to take your medication at specific times, they’ll call you daily to give you instructions on when to take your medication. I’m not sure about natural ivf, if they do same intense monitoring I can imagine it’ll get quite expensive there for natural ivf as the cost of the bloods will add up, plus they like to do immune testing so that’s another whack on top. However I did prefer them to Create, hence I’m transferring my embryo there for FET. I think FET there isn’t as intense but they will tailor/ monitor you more than Create.

AFM- not much to report, I’m still waiting for Create to sort out paperwork to transfer to ARGC. I’ve also made an appointment with nurse for vaccinations to Nepal so will find out what I need. I think I’ll need hep a/b, typhoid, meningitis, possibly vaccinations against rabies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi all,

I can't remember who asked me about Concept Fertility?Well, last week I had my appointment with Dr Ojha at Concept and I was a bit disappointed. He was very different compared to when he performed my aqua scan back in December. Suddenly, his opinion about not wasting a follicle changed to you have a very low reserve and your chances are very low with your own egg. I was very close to sarcastically reply, please tell me something I don't know! They also offer ED treatment in Spain as they work in collaboration with a clinic in Malaga, Spain, but I didn't see the advantage because you still have to travel for the transfer at your own cost. I suppose being able to have all the monitoring here, before the transfer is handy, but I am not sure if justifies paying almost twice as if you were to do by yourself in Malaga or any other clinic in Spain.

I just received a reply from IB Alicante about my mock cycle, Dr Castillo is happy to start a new mock cycle now, even though I haven't had my period yet and I don't need a scan either. So, I have been advised to take from tomorrow 4 mg PROGYNOVA for 7 days then increase to 6mg.
I think because it's a mock cycle it's fine to start on day 42! Although I was hoping we would prescribe something to kick off a new cycle, it seems like I will have a very long cycle. I have started today but I am not sure if this is the right thing to be doing?

Has anyone here had a similar experience?

Sending big hugs to you all.
^hugme^

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hope it's okay if I just drop in, I haven't really been part of this particular thread before. I just want to say Mac, good on you for making the step you have just made! It's a difficult and brave decision to make but it's going to give you your happy ending, I'm sure of it! Good luck!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi all, apologies for my silence for so long. I’ve been taking a break from all things fertility related and to concentrate on feeling a bit better emotionally and physically. DH and I started our 7th round the middle of this month and we got off to a reasonably promising start, but things have gone pear shaped again and I’m looking for a bit of advice. I had an afc of 5, and had my baseline scan day 3. The consultant wanted me to take 30ml suprecur/burselin that evening then start stims from day 4. We had our first scan day 6 and there were 3 growing follicles 13mm, 11mm and 10mm. Today is day 9 and my scan showed a 19mm follicle, but all others have shrunk! This has never happened to me before. I’m totally confused, what could cause shrinking follicles?? I’m now left in the dilemma of collecting from the one follicle or going with IUI. I have to take the trigger shot this evening so there’s not much time to decide. If anyone has any advice it would be gratefully received xx

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just a quick update from me, this cycle has gone spectacularly wrong. After debating whether to go with IVF or IUI, we went with IVF. Sadly, an egg couldn’t be retrieved from the follicle. This leaves me thinking that I was either triggered too early - usually I stim for 12 days, but this time it was 10, or the egg was grossly abnormal, so stuck to the follicle wall. I’m so disheartened. We have one more cycle left in our package, but we are seriously thinking not to bother and just prepare my body for the transfers instead. What a massive change there has been in just 6 months, it’s just utterly soul destroying.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Babyhopeful, really sorry to hear about this last cycle. I think you should do the next collection if you have paid for it, because you never know, that next cycle may have a good egg. As you cannot look inside the embryos you have already frozen I think each new egg is another chance. You can do the transfers after, the embryos are not getting any older whilst they are frozen. All the best and a big hug  ^hugme^

MSJ, have you sorted out vaccinations and the embryo transfer yet, or still waiting?

Mac, I've heard of so many women who just started late on in the cycle without having had a bleed. Good luck with this mock cycle!

·
Registered
165 Posts
KatKat -Thank you so much for getting back to me, I really appreciate it. How is everything going with your pregnancy? I hope you are feeling well and enjoying it. Did you ever experience an empty follicle? I think you’re right for me to use up our last round before the frozen embryos. I just hope there are just one or two good eggs left in me xx

·
Registered
295 Posts
Babyhopeful, I just popped on quickly and saw your post, I had to reply as I've been there with the empty follicles, I even created a post about it

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=383234.0
I agree with Katkat about using your last cycle, you really never know. Do you take a double trigger shot? Since using this I haven't had the same problem.

Katkat, hope all is well with you, how many weeks are you now? You asked me before why I probably wouldn't be trying for a sibling, I've only just turned 35 so there is still a chance, but its a head v's heart thing. To be honest my heart already aches for another baby, but the 4 long years it took to have my daughter the sadness and disappointment were so overwhelming (as we all know too well) I can't face going back to feeling that way and risk anything overshadowing and distracting me from the happiness I have from having her. I'll still use my last 2 frosties and will no doubt start trying naturally sooner rather than later as I very much doubt it'll happen anyway, but I just need to count my blessings as whilst in an ideal world I'd have a big family, I feel so very lucky to have her at all.

I hope everyone else is ok, sorry for lack of personals but I do think of you all often xx

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Hi babyhopeful, this happened to me on 4 natural cycles. And each one was different, collections were days 12, 13, 15 and 16 and different sizes between 18-21mm, always decent e2 levels. So they were probably just not good/stuck to wall etc. Or mistake by the clinic or a mix of both. Super frustrating! Also twice not fertilised and also had egg not good enough to try to fertilise. So awful eggs basically. And we thought it's just the sperm when we started out! But I've had embryos before this current one was collected and after this one was collected and they didn't implant either. I'm a terrible example though as I don't think I know anyone that took that long to finally get there. Anyway, am good thanks and 26+4, just hope it continues well FX

Sunshine as above just over 26 weeks, 28 weeks is the next milestone I guess. They are monitoring me weekly now with bloods for cholestasis... So my liver playing up all of a sudden! It started with my stomach itching a lot. Anyway it's currently just mild so have to hope for the best.
I totally understand where you're coming from! I also still count my blessings and will only just be able to relax once I know she is safely here, I so hope it all goes well. How is it going with the little one?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sunshine122 - Thank you so much for the link. It gives me some hope that you got there in the end despite the setbacks. I think a change of medication is definitely needed for next time. It was such a strange cycle with shrinking follicles and then the missing egg! I completely understand about you not wanting to re-visit the IVF rollercoaster at this time and I’m so happy that you are living in the moment and enjoying your daughter xx

KatKat - 4 natural cycles of missing eggs must have been hard to bear. My follicle was over 20mm before trigger, but I suspect my oestrogen was low. I feel more of an oestrogen rise in my natural cycles than this IVF one. I’m wondering if this fall in oestrogen explains the shrinking follicles. I’m keeping everything crossed for you and I hope they can get the cholestasis under control xx

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Babyhopeful, was there a reason they started you on buserelin so early? Like run away follicle in the past? Some women are very sensitive to suppression (including myself). Would it not make more sense to stimulate the follicles you have and then take an antagonist later on whilst the LH ist still low but the follicles have all grown to a decent size, with already increased estrogen?

·
Registered
165 Posts
KatKat, on my NHS cycles I had run away follicles and poorer egg quality, using the antagonist/ micro flare protocol so I think that’s why my current clinic went with the agonist protocol taking burselin and bemfola at the same time. I have previously had good results using this method, but I think I am becoming more sensitive to the burselin. I felt very tired this cycle, which usually indicates for me that the burselin is dominating. I’m thinking to perhaps try the flare next time, with just the bemfola and then introducing cetrotide later on to stop ovulation. My only worry is the egg quality issue, but I’m wondering if this may have resolved as I now take DHEA and a truck load of other supplements. I can’t believe that there has been such a dramatic change in the last 6 months and I’m scared that I’ve suddenly become peri menopausal. I’m planning to ask the clinic to take some bloods to see where I stand hormonally xx

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Babyhopeful, I don't think you are suddenly peri. If you compared cycles a few years apart then I think the age / hormones would play a role but not within half a year. To give you an example, on my second NHS cycle (the first gave me 3 blasts) 4 months later I had one poor quality day 3 embryo only and with nearly the identical protocol. The consultant blamed my age (I was 38 then) for a rapid decline. The subsequent long protocol cycle was even worse (17 follicles, 13 eggs, just 1 mature, poor quality, bfn!). And I remembered back what the consultant had said to me about age and I was ready to give up there and then. But I was too stubborn for this and had yet more cycles after that. I tried mild IVF and suddenly had really nice 8-cell Day 3 embryos and blasts from then onwards. Anyway, this is history as they also didn't implant (I then realised I just have such sh*t eggs that I needed a lot of them to find a normal once, hence all these natural cycles as couldn't afford full cycles any longer and thought going all natural may be better for my eggs). What I am trying to say is that I think the protocol plays a huge role in how a cycle pans out, but in the end, it is really down to finding a normal egg, together with the embryologist picking a normal sperm. I think your plan sounds good and hope that there are some good eggs in this next batch. I do not think this next month will have any relation with this last one, it's just another chance to get eggs while you're still younger.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thank you KatKat, your post gives me some reassurance and hope xx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I just wondered if I could jump on this thread please. Had AMH result of 1.5 and FSH 13.3 5 follicles...ttc naturally xx

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Emsy81, welcome to the thread. I’m planning to ttc naturally over the next 2 months before my final IVF in April xx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for the welcome, it's all come as a bit of a shock the results but I'm staying positive as it only takes one good one xx

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi all,

Katakt, thank you for the good vibes and sorry to hear that your liver is playing up and I hope this not causing too much discomfort.

Emsy81 and Babuhopeful; good luck with trying naturally. Fingers crossed to you two.

Sunshine, so nice to hear from you! sending you big hugs to you and your precious angel. Keep us posted here when you start trying naturally and don't give up on your big family.

I am still on this very long cycle. Currently on day 56  but only started with Progynova on day 44 and I should be taking Prostap injection in 4 days, which I still need to order and not sure will arrive on time. I hate the thought of taking this injection and I struggle to see the point of it. Dr Castillo says that this will prevent ovulation but I know I don't ovulate, otherwise, I wouldn't be on this never-ending cycle! I am very tempted to skip this injection, as this is just a mock cycle, and only start with cyclogest in 2 days and then stop everything in 10 days as advised.

Feeling very confused.  :(

·
Registered
172 Posts
Babyhopeful - sorry about your last cycle, I know how you feel at abandoning the last cycle and put in what you’ve already got. I felt the same when my on second cycle there was no fertilisation. Esp as I’d had surgery and a miscarriage in between! I did get better result on my 3rd cycle even though it was a BPN. As the others say you never know, and it is a chance to get egg/s when you’re still younger.

Katkat - sorry to hear about your liver issues, hope it’s not too bad. Just wondering, question for both you and sunshine really, when do the nhs take over to start monitoring you and when are you able to start getting prescription on the NHS? I was thinking as we’re complicated cases and possibly high risk due to age, history of infertility, miscarriages, (also endo in my case), are they likely to monitor you earlier?

Sunshine - I’m glad you are not putting too much pressure on yourself for another and enjoying and thankful for your little one. TTC years really aren’t easy. So it’ll be nice to take some time off to enjoy what you have.

Mac - good luck with your incredibly long cycle

Emsy - welcome

AFM - I’m in a bit of a limbo. I’ve finally had my embryo transferred to ARGC last week. I’ve had typhoid injection today. (Couldn’t get appt at gp surgery for ages), need to get rest on Monday at a travel clinic. I need to have a consultation at ARGC. I’m not sure if it’s worth getting a scratch. What do you think? And I’m still not sure about when to do the FET, mainly cos not sure if I’m ready, and if there’s even enough time now. I could start acupuncture and try naturally if I do FET after holiday...I’m also not sure when to start looking for a job. If I start working now as a contractor then I’ll need to ask for time off for holiday for the 2WW, I’m also not very motivated to do much at the moment. I think I need to get my mojo back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 321 Posts