Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Babyhopeful, really sorry to hear about this last cycle. I think you should do the next collection if you have paid for it, because you never know, that next cycle may have a good egg. As you cannot look inside the embryos you have already frozen I think each new egg is another chance. You can do the transfers after, the embryos are not getting any older whilst they are frozen. All the best and a big hug  ^hugme^

MSJ, have you sorted out vaccinations and the embryo transfer yet, or still waiting?

Mac, I've heard of so many women who just started late on in the cycle without having had a bleed. Good luck with this mock cycle!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hi babyhopeful, this happened to me on 4 natural cycles. And each one was different, collections were days 12, 13, 15 and 16 and different sizes between 18-21mm, always decent e2 levels. So they were probably just not good/stuck to wall etc. Or mistake by the clinic or a mix of both. Super frustrating! Also twice not fertilised and also had egg not good enough to try to fertilise. So awful eggs basically. And we thought it's just the sperm when we started out! But I've had embryos before this current one was collected and after this one was collected and they didn't implant either. I'm a terrible example though as I don't think I know anyone that took that long to finally get there. Anyway, am good thanks and 26+4, just hope it continues well FX

Sunshine as above just over 26 weeks, 28 weeks is the next milestone I guess. They are monitoring me weekly now with bloods for cholestasis... So my liver playing up all of a sudden! It started with my stomach itching a lot. Anyway it's currently just mild so have to hope for the best.
I totally understand where you're coming from! I also still count my blessings and will only just be able to relax once I know she is safely here, I so hope it all goes well. How is it going with the little one?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Babyhopeful, was there a reason they started you on buserelin so early? Like run away follicle in the past? Some women are very sensitive to suppression (including myself). Would it not make more sense to stimulate the follicles you have and then take an antagonist later on whilst the LH ist still low but the follicles have all grown to a decent size, with already increased estrogen?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Babyhopeful, I don't think you are suddenly peri. If you compared cycles a few years apart then I think the age / hormones would play a role but not within half a year. To give you an example, on my second NHS cycle (the first gave me 3 blasts) 4 months later I had one poor quality day 3 embryo only and with nearly the identical protocol. The consultant blamed my age (I was 38 then) for a rapid decline. The subsequent long protocol cycle was even worse (17 follicles, 13 eggs, just 1 mature, poor quality, bfn!). And I remembered back what the consultant had said to me about age and I was ready to give up there and then. But I was too stubborn for this and had yet more cycles after that. I tried mild IVF and suddenly had really nice 8-cell Day 3 embryos and blasts from then onwards. Anyway, this is history as they also didn't implant (I then realised I just have such sh*t eggs that I needed a lot of them to find a normal once, hence all these natural cycles as couldn't afford full cycles any longer and thought going all natural may be better for my eggs). What I am trying to say is that I think the protocol plays a huge role in how a cycle pans out, but in the end, it is really down to finding a normal egg, together with the embryologist picking a normal sperm. I think your plan sounds good and hope that there are some good eggs in this next batch. I do not think this next month will have any relation with this last one, it's just another chance to get eggs while you're still younger.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hi broodysingle and welcome! The wait was almost the worst for me, I'd rather get on with things regardless of the outcome. Good plan to have things scheduled in to speed up time!

Mac, don't worry about the wine. And making up you're on antibiotics every once in a while could be a good idea if it's getting too much. But the odd glass really doesn't matter at all. Or just say you've been drinking too much recently and want to give if a bit of a break, then had just a couple of sips.

Babyhopeful, any sign of AF? I was in the same situation, I needed a plan B and DH wasn't up for talking about DE or taking it seriously. But he came round with time and whilst we have never properly taken it up he'd eventually agreed that this would be our plan B If all fails. It took a while.to get to this point but right now before our last cycle we had a couple of DE consultations which really helped to get our (his) heads around it. That was before and even during transferring the last embryo and helped us both a lot.

Msj, I have had so many scratches and I would say unless someone found something drastic then I am not really sure if there is a need for this. For example if you have a really low level of uterine nk cells then it could be worth it.
Regarding monitoring early, i know that if you've had miscarriages they will do so (i didn't really). Otherwise it's just the normal thing is the 10 week dating appointment with the NHS followed by the 12 week scan, then 20 weeks scan and some midwife appointments and that's it. As I am over 40 years old and did VF they monitor me more closely now but only from now (week 28/29). So you have add. growths scans and consultant appointments plus your regular MW apps. every 3-4 weeks. You get free general prescriptions as soon as you are pregnant, you just need to get a form from the GP. I've heard from some that for example if you needed clexane you will get it prescribed, but typically later on. I didn't apparently need it even though I had used it for most of my IVf cycles for better blood flow. Taking aspirin only since 16 weeks.

Hey rocket, how's Bethany and how are you? That's so interesting about the ALT and I also totally forgot you were induced earlier. The good thing is, it's suddenly totally in the normal range for me. So ALT were high for a few weeks and the last 2 results came back normal..my awful itching that I've had since Christmas has almost disappeared too (I did have some kind of different thing though, a rash which I think may be PUPP which comes and goes). So now am no longer monitored for cholestasis thankfully! Also baby measured quite large today (29 weeks) which is weird as as ok the small side, then average around week 25 and now ahead by a week. it's all still totally surreal but i love feeling the baby move, it's amazing and something I am sure everyone on here will get to experience eventually. Just need to keep my fingers crossed for a bit longer

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Saltysea what a very beautiful, encouraging, amazing post! This is really helpful to many of us and I hope Mac that it helped you a little too. A quick add on, if you can then try and freeze the embryos and not the eggs as chances are way higher with frozen embryos. Then you can go together for transfer when you're more 'synchronised'. I am unsure if your husband has frozen his sperm there in the past but if not then it may be far less stressful if he went alone and leave the sperm and then afterwards make the transfer extra special and a mini holiday together. I'm a bit like saltysea in that I felt far more relaxed to do to all on my own..what counted more for me was that my partner was there for.me during the 2ww, the bfns and bfp.

Men are just wired in a different way, more focussed on practical things and not as emotional, or at least they tend to not show emotions as much. I am sure your husband cares very much. Being the provider is one of the things he probably feels he can control, whilst this entire IVF thing is kind of left to the women to sort out. In fact it's the pregnancy as well (I am currently the one nesting, buying and organising things. At first I was annoyed about it. But my partner actually contributes in a different way - he is really caring, does all the other practical stuff like cleaning and cooking, worries about me - and once a week he googles and reads out to me about the development of the baby out of his own accord ;D then occasionally he comes out with random pieces of knowledge about babies i am really surprised about so secretly he must be reading up.or talking to people about it. I just stopped bothering him as he clearly does the pregnancy thing in a totally different way to me). Mac you will find your way. I also think your husband is a keeper!

Sunshine how are you? Due date 03 May, but due to my age and IVf they may induce me a week early if she stays in that long. Just 11 weeks to go! Gulp  ;D she's breech at the moment so we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Awww amazing news Mac, I am so pleased for you! That's a fantastic outcome, have rarely heard of such fantastic numbers/ stats. Hope you're a bit more relaxed now. What kind of tips were you thinking of? If you don't know how you absorb progesterone I'd probably test it 7 days after transfer just to make sure all good. Then again when you do your bhcg

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hey ladies, how is everyone given the current situation? Is anyone trying naturally this month at all?

37 weeks almost and getting fairly close now and whilst have been so calm these last few weeks my nervousness is setting back in again. Sunshine, am not a big fan of that perineal massage ;) there is just no easy way of doing it, but trying my best. My arms seem to be too short  ;D

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hello lovely ladies, please hang in there, this current situation will not last forever then everyone can go about their business again. I can imagine how extremely frustrating it would be if you waited for EC or transfer right now! Lots of good vibes and energy for now  :-*

Our daughter Emilia was born on 02nd May after balloon catheter ripening, breaking the waters, drip induction and a hard 12.5 hours of labour followed by an emergency c section!  ;D she clearly wanted to stay inside longer but I must say we are totally in love with this little girl and it was all worth it!! From 8 years of infertility, lots and lots of IVF, billions of trips to the Czech Republic, thousands and thousands spent on scans, drugs, investigations, travel, and literally countless cycles, we finally made it with our very last own frozen embryo. She's the most gorgeous thing and exactly the baby we wanted. So there was a reason we had to wait that long and happy beyond words about our little gorgeous baby girl ^ladybird^ We are so lucky!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Rocket, Queenie, sunshine and MSJ, thank you so so much for your wishes! If it can happen to me then it can happen to anyone!! Lots of love k x

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Queenie!!! That's just amazing news, I have goose bumps right now! This is just fantastic and I am hoping so very much for this to continue as it's started. I am so so so so excited for you ^ladybird^

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Queenie sending you my heartfelt congratulations and all the best for your scan!

Sorry to hear you are both struggling,Dorchester and briss. Briss I think it was the best decision not to go for it this month. All the best k x

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hey Queenie, no idea about cannule but I did mine at independent nursing services and I think you can bring your own IL..I did mine till about 12 weeks. I just gave them my prescription and they did it all for me. Every few weeks. Just for good measure ;)

Pickle, welcome back. Yes my embryo/blast was from a 41.5 year old egg but remember it took me a lot of collections and failures... Then again several on here were around age 40 and older and got pregnant naturally in the end so I'm confident we all still have some good eggs somewhere into our 40ies. But many times it just takes ages to find the one!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Queenie I was with reprofit for my successful cycle and got a prescription from them for intralipids (I asked for it, they didn't suggest it; I just wanted to just throw everything in for our last own egg embryo)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Queenie, I did mine at independent nursing services ( and I think you can bring your own intralipids although I just gave them a Czech prescription).

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hey mouse, as you've had a DD and only made the one blast on your IVF cycles then in my opinion that's not an issue with implantation as you cannot conclude anything from this one cycle with the blast. It could easily have just been an abnormal embryo. The key is probably to try and get more embryos transferred which I know to get more can be a struggle (it was the same for me). I've had lots of eggs all the time and my FSH was only 8 but none of the eggs were any good (or the embryo then wasn't good). I think your clinic hasn't got the protocol right. Seeing the last cycle gave you the best results then I'd try and recreate something similar, letrozole and low dose menopur. The only other input I'd have is that when stimulating for a longer time then perhaps the timing could be a bit off and you may want to think of freezing what you have and then transfer in a cycle when you haven't taken many drugs. Also considering the fact the lining was thin (due to the letrozole most.likely). There is no harm done in assessing any thyroid, blood clotting etc issues if there are (or even if there aren't) but in all likelihood you just need a normal embryo I believe. It's frustrating I know (and so expensive) but I'm confident that with your age and numbers there will be that one good egg. But it could take several cycles to get it. All the best of luck

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hello shady! :)

Mouse, I've had numerous IVF and was so hoping to finally make it to a 7mm lining and kept chasing this for years. 7.6mm in my opinion is fabulous! Mine took with a 7 mm lining and our daughter is currently asleep next to me after 5 years of IVF and multiple tries. As long as it's trilaminar and looks good you'll be fine!

Briss and Dorchester am thinking of you.

Queenie how are you?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Incredible news, Cramer! What are the chances... Unbelievable when you think about it and am so happy for you. How far along are you now? I'm still stunned by the natural pregnancies on here.

I'm 99% sure we got pregnant with our last ever and fabulously beautiful blastocyst frostie, however we cannot be sure. You never know if perhaps the blast didn't take and it was a natural conception ;)  we're also done with IVF and will stay a family of three which is so sad for our daughter but we're just so over the moon about her and we don't want to tempt fate considering our ages, my very painful C-section scar area :-\ etc. So whilst chances are miniscule for us we have to consider contraception (not really sure what to do about it for the rest of our lives). It's ridiculous really after 8 years of trying with no luck but we don't want to 'risk' it.

Cramer, please do keep us updated.

Lots of love to all the other fantastic women on here!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Queenie - first of all,  massive congratulations - 28 weeks now, wow!Totally up for a meet up when we can..

Klik, am extremely sorry for the latest outcome, have already let you know personally anyway, but sending you continued lucky wishes and perhaps there's going to be another natural miracle when least expected..

Briss thinking of you and hoping that it's finally going to be your time again very soon!

Pritamin, I was with reprofit in Brno and can highly recommend Dr Pavel who is the head consultant there. For both OE and DE. We didn't need DE in the end but Dr Pavel would have fully supported either option - he never gave up on me.

Mouse good luck with the upcoming cycle!

I'm.so in awe of everyone cycling during Covid times - it needs so much additional focus and patience!

Our daughter is 9 months old now and basically a covid baby in the sense that she was born during lockdown and has hardly had any contact with anyone but... I am so grateful every single day!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts