Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Babyhopeful, I just popped on quickly and saw your post, I had to reply as I've been there with the empty follicles, I even created a post about it

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=383234.0
I agree with Katkat about using your last cycle, you really never know. Do you take a double trigger shot? Since using this I haven't had the same problem.

Katkat, hope all is well with you, how many weeks are you now? You asked me before why I probably wouldn't be trying for a sibling, I've only just turned 35 so there is still a chance, but its a head v's heart thing. To be honest my heart already aches for another baby, but the 4 long years it took to have my daughter the sadness and disappointment were so overwhelming (as we all know too well) I can't face going back to feeling that way and risk anything overshadowing and distracting me from the happiness I have from having her. I'll still use my last 2 frosties and will no doubt start trying naturally sooner rather than later as I very much doubt it'll happen anyway, but I just need to count my blessings as whilst in an ideal world I'd have a big family, I feel so very lucky to have her at all.

I hope everyone else is ok, sorry for lack of personals but I do think of you all often xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mac, I think its fairly normal to question things, the whole process is full of so many huge decisions and I don’t think anyone can really understand what they would do until they are in that position. I know I was constantly doubting everything. Wishing you so much luck.

Babyhopeful, it sounds really positive that your clinic have changed your protocol a bit. On my last fresh cycle none of our embryos made it to day 5 (it was actually our worst cycle with Create) but thankfully we had a few frozen embryos which we were able to transfer and as you know gave me my daughter. I put it down to having a bad cold during stims that the embryos didn’t make it, but who really knows, but I just wanted to say that just because you had one bad round it doesn’t mean the next will be. Also, if it did come to the worst and you didn’t get any fresh embryos this time, would you be able to pop back in one of your frozen? I’m exactly the same about needing a back up plan. I was even like this during the start of my pregnancy, I think for me it was just a way of trying to protect myself.

Katkat, so pleased all is well, when is your due date?

xxx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mac, sounds like a fantastic result, wishing you so much luck. What progesterone are you taking? Tbh I think theres not much you can do to change the outcome, a few things I did was to try to stay relaxed as much as possible (which it sounds like you are), short frequent walks, warming food like soups. Also to distract my mind I did jigsaw puzzles while listening to audiobooks, it was the only way I could stay off google. Xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Katkat, just popped on to wish you so much luck for the safe arrival of your little one, will be thinking of you.

Hope everyone else is keeping safe and well xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Queenie, congratulations on your news, wishing you all the best for the next 9 months.

I pop on here every so often to hear how everyone is doing, this thread helped me so much in the past. My daughter turned 1 last week, it has gone so fast and felt very emotional. She is such a miracle and I’m so grateful to have her, but I can’t help myself from wanting another baby and for her to have a sibling to play with.
We have ttc naturally a couple of times now, but I had such a traumatic birth that physically and mentally it has taken me along time to recover, I’m still not ‘back to normal’ and doubt I ever will be now, I’ve spent so many years feeling my body is defective with the infertility and now the birth injuries, but if thats the price I have to pay to have my daughter then its worth it.
We still have a couple of frosties at Create, not great quality but neither was the embryo that gave me my daughter. Before we use them I want to ttc naturally for a while, tbh I can’t bear the thought of being messed around with and examined anytime soon. I’ve started taking agnus castus as my cycle which has always been 23 days is now a little shorter, and also plan to give DHEA and clomid a try in the future. I can’t go back down the IVF route as much as I’d love another child I can’t let it take over my life again, and I know if I started I wouldn’t be able to stop. Also we couldn’t really afford it now as I’ve given up work to enjoy a few years with my daughter.

I hope everyone else is doing ok xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Klik, lovely to hear from you, I have often thought of you when popping on here and hoped you are doing well with your little one.
Wishing you so much luck for a sibling for your little one. Did you just get the progesterone prescribed from your old clinic? I need to do the same as my luteal phase is even shorter now, I am hoping they will just prescribe without wanting me to go in for a consult/scan/bloods, but Dr Hall who knew us best is no longer with the clinic. I can’t face being poked/prodded/examined at the moment.
Hope your little boy is ok now xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mouse, sorry that you got bfn, they are so hard but agree that you need to follow your gut and check other issues atleast to put your mind at rest.

We are at a point now where people from our NCT group are starting to announce 2nd pregnancies, despite being grateful every time I look at my daughter its still hard. My cycle isn’t that regular since having her, its always been short (23 days) but was always perfectly regular, now it can be anything from about 19 days. I’m hoping after xmas we can ttc a bit more as at the moment I’m still working on postnatal recovery though do try to bd atleast once around ovulation. Still not planning to go back down the IVF route so will just have to focus on whatever I can do to give myself the best chance naturally, hopefully i can find something to help balance my hormones for now.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi Mouse, I would follow your gut here, if this is your last embryo and it didn’t work would you always regret not getting it done. Before my successful transfer I had a hysteroscopy with the implantation cuts in Athens done. It may have worked anyway, who knows, but it was such hard work to actually make any embryos I just didnt want to potentially be wasting them. I know its so hard knowing whats best to do.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congratulations Cramer, I absolutely love your story, it gives everyone hope that miracles do happen and often when you least expect them.

I would love another, I’m so grateful to have my daughter but with the happiness she brings us it makes me want to do it all again. We are not trying, not preventing at the moment, whilst I do know its very very unlikely to happen naturally for us after never having a natural BFP in all these years. We still have our 2 frosties but I’m not ready to go through all the internal scans etc yet as still dealing with birth injuries and mentally I just don’t think I can face it yet.

Wishing everyone else so much luck, Queenie hope all is well with you xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thats great news Queenie, I hope you are managing to relax a little and enjoy it. Sorry, I didn’t mean to worry you and you likely won’t have the same issues about internal scans etc for a second. My daughter is 16 months now but I had a 3rd degree tear and think I have a bit of ptsd. Was such a scary pregnancy with all the bleeding that I never believed we would actually get to bring her home so I went into the birth unprepared and with the whole mindset that I don’t care what happens to me, how awful it is etc aslong as I get my baby safely. Have a look at perineal massage and make sure you’re doing your pelvic floors.
I hope I haven’t worried you further x

·
Registered
297 Posts
Pritamin, which clinic are you with now? I had my daughter with Create, they aren’t perfect but overall I would recommend them. My daughter is 17 months now and if I did do anymore fresh cycles (which I won’t be doing) I would use them again. I would love a sibling for my daughter and its getting harder not to focus on it esp with too much thinking time on my hands during lockdown, but I know I can’t get consumed by infertility/IVF again so we ttc casually (and probably pointlessly) each month.
I’ve started taking 25mg DHEA, I found it in the cupboard as I never ended up taking it before in fear it would mess up an IVF cycle for us but now i’m hoping it may just give things a boost, I actually feel a bit better in myself and none of the horrible side effects so fingers crossed x

·
Registered
297 Posts
My first 3 cycles were with London Womens clinic. You just have to go with wherever you feel comfortable. Wishing you lots of luck xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi everyone
Not been on here for ages as been trying to put another baby to the back of my mind but its becoming almost impossible. No luck with ttc naturally, I was planning to use some leftover clomid I had but somehow the one box that got lost when we moved house had them in.
So unfortunately it looks like we have no choice but to go back to create, we only plan to do one fresh cycle to see how it goes and if we don’t get anything from it I will transfer my 2 frosties. Financially and emotionally we can’t get caught up in it like we were before my daughter.

Briss, how are things with you?

Hope everyone else is well xx

·
Registered
297 Posts
Babyhopeful, thankyou for letting us know, I remember you on here from before. Fantastic news on your baby boy, congratulations! Though so sorry you have had such a tough few years, I hope you are ok now.
Briss, did you manage to find a clinic anywhere more local? Or maybe speak to your clinic in Germany to see what they suggest.
I haven’t started cycling yet, we won’t until some point next year. We will only do one fresh cycle and if we get nothing, will transfer our frosties. I’m scared to get back into it, I know I can’t let myself get consumed by it again and it likely won’t work again without doing many many cycles but its almost like I need to try once more just to know I tried and draw a line under it all. As much as I want a sibling for my daughter I need to focus on how lucky I am to have her. xx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts