Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi all,

I can't remember who asked me about Concept Fertility?Well, last week I had my appointment with Dr Ojha at Concept and I was a bit disappointed. He was very different compared to when he performed my aqua scan back in December. Suddenly, his opinion about not wasting a follicle changed to you have a very low reserve and your chances are very low with your own egg. I was very close to sarcastically reply, please tell me something I don't know! They also offer ED treatment in Spain as they work in collaboration with a clinic in Malaga, Spain, but I didn't see the advantage because you still have to travel for the transfer at your own cost. I suppose being able to have all the monitoring here, before the transfer is handy, but I am not sure if justifies paying almost twice as if you were to do by yourself in Malaga or any other clinic in Spain.

I just received a reply from IB Alicante about my mock cycle, Dr Castillo is happy to start a new mock cycle now, even though I haven't had my period yet and I don't need a scan either. So, I have been advised to take from tomorrow 4 mg PROGYNOVA for 7 days then increase to 6mg.
I think because it's a mock cycle it's fine to start on day 42! Although I was hoping we would prescribe something to kick off a new cycle, it seems like I will have a very long cycle. I have started today but I am not sure if this is the right thing to be doing?

Has anyone here had a similar experience?

Sending big hugs to you all.
^hugme^

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi all,

Katakt, thank you for the good vibes and sorry to hear that your liver is playing up and I hope this not causing too much discomfort.

Emsy81 and Babuhopeful; good luck with trying naturally. Fingers crossed to you two.

Sunshine, so nice to hear from you! sending you big hugs to you and your precious angel. Keep us posted here when you start trying naturally and don't give up on your big family.

I am still on this very long cycle. Currently on day 56  but only started with Progynova on day 44 and I should be taking Prostap injection in 4 days, which I still need to order and not sure will arrive on time. I hate the thought of taking this injection and I struggle to see the point of it. Dr Castillo says that this will prevent ovulation but I know I don't ovulate, otherwise, I wouldn't be on this never-ending cycle! I am very tempted to skip this injection, as this is just a mock cycle, and only start with cyclogest in 2 days and then stop everything in 10 days as advised.

Feeling very confused.  :(

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi everyone,

How is everyone doing? Is anyone doing a transfer this month?

MSJ; glad to hear your embryo is at ARGC and I know how hard is to wait for an appointment for a vaccination. So when are you going to Nepal? It's hard to say from outside but if you can afford financially maybe is better to focus on trying naturally then go straight for a transfer if it doesn't happen. When I first got pregnant, this was literally 3 months after I was told I had 0 chance of getting pregnant naturally, it was the month after I came back from an amazing holiday in the Maldives. On my case, the egg quality wasn't there but your case can be different? if you can afford to do so, why not?

BroodySingle; welcome and wishing you the best of luck, strength, and faith for this cycle. I am doing a treatment with donor egg and the mock cycle is a stimulation just to be able to know how my lining, and I suppose my body, will respond to the medication on the actual cycle.

Not much to report from me; 2 more days until I stop with all the medication and then patiently wait for the AF ^pray^. One thing I am worried about is drinking wine. Is not that a drink a lot, but I do work in the wine industry and I will have to take clients to a wine a trip next week, most of the time I will be spitting out but when having dinner with winemakers would be rude not to drink anything. I have not given up alcohol since I started tcc, but I have certainly cut it down to 1 gls a week and sometimes none at all. Most of the time is because of work and I feel really guilty after that. :(

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi all,

Is anyone doing a transfer in the next 3 weeks? I can't believe I am saying this, but I am finally cycling for a transfer soon. I am so anxious and overwhelmed, hoping our donor gives us healthy eggs and hoping they make to the blastocyst stage. This is the moment I have been waiting for and planning and now is finally happening. I just don't get why it feels like someone is squeezing my heart right now. I don't have any doubt that I want to be a mother and I am trying wherever it takes to make it happen, but suddenly I have been questioning everything in my life, from my career to my marriage and even contemplating what a crazy thing to have a child at 42 years old. I  really don't know what is happening.
Has anyone felt the same way just before ET?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi all,

Thank you Sunshine & Babyhopeful for the support.

Unfornutaley, I am still very confused and considering cancelling the Transfer this month as DH and I are not in good synchronization right now. I don't know if  I am expecting too much from him, but organizing the time for both of us to be in Alicante has been much more stressful than I anticipated. I wish he would say less of "when do you want to there" and instead  "I want to make sure I am there". He was happy to go first to provide the sperm and I will stay alone to for the TF, which I am sure I will be fine and I won't need anyone to baby seat me, but is the whole emotional process and the wanting to be together to somehow feel a bit more like a "normal conceiving". When I tried to explain this to him this morning and said how much I wish he would be more into the details of the treatment, instead of me telling him all the time what we need to do and when his answer was, you have no idea how much stress I am under with work and trying to this at the same time. It is the same for me as I also have a job, plus dealing with taking medication all the emotions of going through this treatment. His answer was but is not like you have the responsibility to provide, because he earns much more than I do and all the money we are saving to buy a house comes from his salary. But is not like I don't help at all, I don't earn as much as him but all I earn is dedicated to us and our plans, such as paying for half of the treatment which isn't not easy.
I am not sure if this is the right way to bring a child into the world with all this feeling bottled up.
Does anyone know what is the success rate for a frozen egg? I am seriously considering asking Alicante to freeze the eggs collected from my donor and wait another month or 2, at least until we can talk things through.
I really don't know have anyone else to ask so any advice you be hugely appreciated.

Lots of love to you all.
x

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi all,

Just a quick note to say thank you to Saltysea and Katka. Last week was very emotional indeed and your messages really helped me to stay focus and find my balance again. In the end, DH came to the conclusion by himself that he should have planned better to make sure that he is by my side on the transfer day. He had to move things around with work and he's been working remotely, while we are Spain, and for the first time, we managed to go for a run together yesterday. We both feel more relaxed this week, I went for a run by myself this morning and spent the afternoon reading on the beach and only when a friend sent me a support message before dinner I realized that I hadn't thought about the treatment the whole day. Tomorrow is the appointment before transfer and I hope we can get all covered.
Does anyone have any thoughts on prophylactic antibiotics to improve embryo transfer?
I noticed that my cervical mucus is ever more intense lately, should we ask  Dr Castillo if he will remove the mucus prior to the transfer? I have read different opinions about it and I am not sure what to think of it.

Hugs to everyone.
x

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi all,

The transfer went well and I can't faulty IB Alicante as Dr Castillo and his team were amazing. I felt relaxed the whole time and really felt like every single person cared about us. Now, it's the waiting game which I know is not going to be easy :(
However, I am conscious that I have done all I could physically and mentally to prepare myself to receive this beautiful embryo; we got 7 AA embryos out of 7 eggs fertilized and Dr Castillo said this was one their best outcome, so now we have 6 frozen.
I am not sure if this is because of the extra dose of progesterone but I am feeling hungry all the time since I left the clinic!
Any recommendations for the two weeks wait?
^hugme^

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thank you, ladies. I am over the moon and still can't believe I am a pupo. How is everyone doing?

Sunshine; I am taking 3x2mg of progynova a day & 2x 400mg cyclogest, but the one I bought in the UK run out yesterday so and I had to get one here, Utrogestan, and I hated it as I really felt the side effects soon after taking it. I felt really tired, dizzy and sleepy and after going to the food marked I got home and slept the entire afternoon. Staying away from google is hard indeed, but I am trying to keep my mind busy by reading articles and news related to my industry.
Hugs to you all.
x

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I last posted here and I am confused with this new update. It took me a while to find this thread as I have been meaning to write here.
I just want to thank all the lovely ladies here you all truly helped me through my fertility journey. This is with no doubt the best thread that I came across during my journey and the way you ladies support each other is admirable.
My little boy is now 6 months and I am grateful every day for having him in my life. Deciding to go for ED was the best decision I ever done. It wasn't an easy decision, so I know this path is not for everyone, but all I can say, to those that see this as a possibility, it's worth it. He is my baby in every possible way and I don't feel even for a second that he is not connected to me because we don't share the same DNA. My body nurtured him and made him a healthy and beautiful baby, I am so grateful for my body, which I honored every day, for helping me to achieve my dream, being a mum.
I wish you, ladies, all the best. Be strong and don't give up on your heart's desire.

BDW; Does anyone know a good gynecologist in London? I want to follow up on the best HRT combination for me, to help with POF symptoms. I am still BF but it's something that I want to start as soon as I am able to as I feel much better when on HRT. I want to be in the best shape, so I can be a better mum for my little man, he is my everything!
xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts