Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

321 - 336 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Mouse -
Some women's ovaries have a bit of a panic when faced with high dose stims.  Mine did - the first cycle I had was 300, and my ovaries just went into shut down, it took a couple of months for them to recover.  I have a theory that it is to do with high LH leading to regression (which is what normally happens to the non dominant follicles). 

Also I never did v well on a letrazole cycle either, again I think because of the LH - but then other people have done v well on them.

v.low AMH women need very gentle management - there are lots of studies showing egg quality is affected by the amount of stims (for people with quality issues). 

You will honestly get a better response from a lower dose, personally I would cancel give your ovaries a mont off and come back in 2 months. 

I agree with Shady, you can pick and choose which month to proceed on and although in theory there is no evidence that the hormone ballance on day2 of your cyle makes a difference, in reality I know quite a few people (and clinicians) who think that it did for them.  For me, I know I probably only make a good egg perhaps 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 months, but perhaps your eggs are better than mine!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hi lovely ladies. So I started stimming last Wednesday on 225 Gonal F (last cycle that ended with 2 embryos that arrested on day 3 was with 300 menopur) and had a scan today. I only had one follicle at 13mm so decided to abandon this cycle as we just can't spend all that money on one egg (even though that one follicle could contain my one good egg).
I will carry on stimming until Thursday (I reduced the dose on my own accord to 150 daily) then I'll have a scan, trigger and we will try naturally even though I know that it's probably pointless. In 7 years TTC I only managed one CP last year (in exactly the same cycle I am currently on. My period came on the exact same day as in this month. Kind of spooky really). Prior to that I had a chemical 2 years before on exactly the same date from an FET. Anyway.... let's get back to the subject.
I'm hoping I can jump straight back into the cycle after my AF which we said it will be our last go. If i fail to respond or only produce 1 or 2 eggs we will probably not even going to do EC but cut our losses and move straight to DE.
Having said that
A) I need to give our best shot in this cycle trying naturally. any tips? :)
B) I am still trying to decide the protocol to go for. In the cycle that gave us our daughter (4 years ago now) I was on 300 Gonal F and 150 menopur. In that cycle we had 7 eggs, 6 fertilised, 3 embryos, 1st FET cp, 2nd FET daughter, 3rd FET last october BFN.
I know it's impossible to know what will work for me but I really want to try and give the best possible chance of most good quality eggs as this will be our last try with OE. Even the thought makes my heart sink......
On my very first IVF with ARGC we did low stims and only ended up having one day 2 embryo which ended in BFN.
I know there is evidence out there that low stims though might produce lower number of eggs but the quality is better but I just can't find it in me to believe that we could be successful with only one or maximum two eggs :(
I don't even know what I want with this long post, I guess I just wanted to have my thoughts out in the open....

Thanks for listening :)

I hope everyone is doing well.

Queenie - has your baby finally arrived? I can't wait to hear all about his / her journey into the world. xx

hello everyone else.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Pritamin,
I am so sorry about your cancelled cycle. It’s truly heart breaking after so much disappointment. I have started to liken ivf to a bad gambling habit where the house is always going to win!

I don’t have anything to offer in terms of what would work best etc but in terms of trying naturally we are currently also trying after abandoning our last cycle. I haven’t been tracking ovulation and just making sure that we have sex 2-3 times per week which is the standard advise for trying to get pregnant. I’m too exhausted (and cynical) to do anymore!

I would like to move to DE after these last couple of cycles but also feel that heart sink feeling when I think about giving up with OE. Also my partner is not on the same page. I really hope that you get the best out of this next go and to at least feel that the clinic have done everything they can to give you the best shot.

queenie has your little one arrived yet?

hi to everyone else and hope you are all doing ok. X

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Mouse80 - good for you for having the energy and will to have sex 2-3 a week during this month. It’s very sad but I honestly don’t remember when it was the last time where I actually wanted to have sex for the fun of it and not to try to get pregnant :(
I will have a trigger shot so we will have timed intercourse...

good luck to you for trying naturally, who knows, you might be one of those miracle stories I keep reading about. I certainly keep my fingers crossed for you that you will :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Just a quick one on here too. I was offered the covid vaccine but my reflexologist thinks I should hold off on it while we’re going through IVF. In my mind the covid jab is nothing more than a flu vaccine though I know we don’t have any evidence yet on long term effects.
Anyone who has had the vaccine and been successful or do you have any pointers I should consider?
Thank you :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Pritamin,

I have have had both doses of the vaccine (the second in a cycle). I spoke to the consultant and they said not to do it just after embryo transfer in case it gives you a temp which would be bad in very early pregnancy but any other time is ok.

for me the benefits of having the vaccine significant out weighed any cost. Also the vaccine is now approved in pregnancy.

I’m sure your reflexologist has their reasons for suggesting you hold off but I would speak to your clinic directly if you have any worries. It reassured me speaking to several drs and nurses at my clinic before making the decision to have it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
@Pritamin have you considered a mild short protocol? I'm now 7w5d pregnant (🙏)and I have been told in the past by another clinic that my only chance to be pregnant was with DE as I'm too old (42) with low AMH...well they were so wrong!!

150iu Benfola starting on day 2 of the cycle helped me to get between 4-8eggs at each cycle, the key was to freeze the best embryo at Day3 as backup (I was so obsessing with blastocyst without realising that Day3 embryos are also very important!) and it actually worked! Hope my experience helps you and others who are considering changing their protocols.

About the vaccine, I've just received my invite but decide to delay it at least until I'm over the 1st trimester and then see.

Hugs to everyone xx^hugme^

·
Registered
474 Posts
@queenie thinking of you, hoping you and your little one are doing well...

@Pritamin crgh says not to have a vaccine during an active IVF cycle--before or after is fine. I pondered and came to the conclusion they don't want your immune system going haywire while you put an embryo in.

@SuperMaria nice to meet you and best best of luck!!!

@Mouse really hoping you don't have to make that DE choice at all... fingers crossed...

AFM: the embryo didn't take, sadly. Not unexpected but still depressing...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Queenie hope you are doing well.

Pritamin what did you decide about the vaccine?

supermaria congrats that’s great news.

kilk I’m so sorry, even if it was expected it’s such a disappointment, will you cycle again?

So after abandoning the cycle due to no response whatsoever we tried naturally and to my shock I have a bfp! I have no idea when ovulated and so no idea how many dpo I am but it’s a faint line and it’s there. I’m feeling very cautious after the chemical in feb so just hoping this one is good one.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Wow, mouse, cautious congratulations! May this one stick!!!

I won't collect any more eggs... we have three zygotes left in NYC--waiting for travel to become possible, then they'll be transferred, and then we will be done, one way or another...

Fingers super crossed for you, mouse!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi All,

Just to let you know - Baby Edgar was born at 7lb6oz by planned C-Section on the 22nd of April. We are both just coming up for air and he is a little Janudiced, but otherwise we are smitten, he is very snuggly!

Pritamin - I agree with the general advice, I wouldn't have it whilst stimming or transferring, but I personally wouldn't avoid having it a couple of weeks before you start a cycle or after a bfn.

SuperMaria - Congratualtions! I am so pleased with you, it takes a lot to move away from blast transfer, but my little man was a d3 transfer as well. I hope you are getting all the support you need, and fingers crossed for you to continue as planned. Have you had a heart beat scan?

Klik - I'm so sorry about your transfer, can you get the zygotes shipped here if you can't go there? Give yourself some breathing space and enjoy your little girl for a bit, hopefully when the practicatilites are a bit easier you will be in a good place to receive those last precious fertilised eggs!

Mouse - I am so so excited for you, please go and get your Hcg tested and check for doubling, and get some hormonal support, I honestly don't think our little man would have stuck without progesterone support etc. Sending big big hugs.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congratulations @queenie123 ^fairydust^and welcome little Edgar!^baby2^ So happy for you and to hear that he was a Day3 embryo 🧡 I had indeed the heart beat scan few weeks ago, so unbelievable to hear it, after all the effort!

@mouse80 Cautions congratulations for BFP! 🎉

@klik sorry for the transfer, hope you can get the remaining embryos soon ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
omg Mouse80!!!!! - you are in fact one of those miracle stories I keep reading about. I hope it's a sticky one and please do keep us posted!! So did you have a period after your abandoned cycle and then you tried naturally. I wish I could report back about the same but I don't think I'll be that lucky.

Queenie - congratulations on the arrival on long awaited baby Edgar. And may I say he's got the best birthday (my daughter was also born on 22nd April :) ). enjoy spending time with him and getting to know one another. aaaaah, those newborn snuffles are just the best.

klik - I'm so sorry about your BFN. Doesn't matter how much you prepare yourself, it's still a devastating blow :(

SuperMaria - My very first IVF was a natural mild cycle with 75 fostimon and 75 merional and I only had 2 eggs with one day 2 transfer - BFN. Then my successful cycle was with 300 Gonal F and 150 menopur with 7 eggs, 6 fertilised, 3 blastos and 1 BFP. Since then we tried with 300 menopur which resulted in 2embryos out of 2 eggs, both arrested on day 3. The last cycle we just abandoned was with 225 Gonal F as I only had 1 egg growing. In the next cycle i think I will try another combination of Gonal F and Menopur as that seemed to give me the best result so far, though I know i was younger. We will probably do 150 gonal F and 150 menopur.

AFM - i decided to have the vaccine, and had AstraZeneca yesterday. I felt a little bit shivery last night but took some paracetamol and all was fine. I actually wish I could worry about being pregnant and having had the vaccine and then having to have the second dose in 3 months.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Queenie - massive congratulations to you, your husband and welcome to little baby Edgar. I have been thinking of you and am so relieved that everything went well. Enjoy these first precious weeks of sleep deprived, hormonal blissful cuddles! He will be grown up before you know it - I look at my 18 month old and think where has my little baby gone - and he won't sit on my lap or hug me anymore as he's too busy exploring the world.

Klik, I'm so very sorry to hear this news. How incredibly frustrating and also hope destroying after all the collections and batching you did, I was so convinced that at least one of those embryos was going to be the one. Hopefully you are able to figure out a plan to get those zygotes soon now that travel is opening up again and everyone is getting safely vaccinated. Sending hugs x

Mouse - OMG! What amazing news! You could be like me - I have only got pregnant naturally twice, both times after a failed or cancelled IVF cycle, my theory is that the drugs do something to get a conducive ovarian environment that I just don't seem to achieve on a natural cycle. I so so hope this one sticks, definitely worth getting your progesterone levels checked if you can although I didn't get any help offered by the Lister with both of my natural pregnancies which frustrated me after all of the money I had paid them over the years! They just said trust that your body will know what to do... which is hard to do when it has failed you so many times before.

Congratulations SuperMaria. It's lovely to hear stories like this.

Hope everyone has a good weekend x

·
Registered
107 Posts
Queenie massive congratulations. I hope you are recovering well and getting lots of newborn cuddles. Enjoy every moment they really do grow so fast.

Pritamin glad you managed to get your vaccine done. Keeping everything crossed for this next cycle for you.

Shady I agree I think something must have happened after 10 days of stims and not a single growing follicle that when I stopped my body did something. I’m still confused how I have a positive after my cycle was cancelled only three weeks ago after no growth and somehow my body has shot out an egg and it’s implanted within 3 weeks. I know it’s not unheard of but it’s strange.

ATM I tested again this morning and now there is a clear line and it feels a bit more real. I’ve called the clinic and assume I won’t have anymore contact with them now. I will organise a dating scan locally if I get that far. Hard to believe that good things can happen after so so many disappointments.

hope you are all having a good weekend.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Hello all, I have no idea what's going on but this new design/site doesn't agree with my phone and I have no clue how to delete a message I just seem to have posted but didn't want to :)

Anyway - Queenie huuuggge congratulations!! Give little Edgar a big cuddle from all of us - we know he was so wanted! And once you're over the first hazy few months we should arrange that meet up once we can again - we can always just meet in a park.

Klik, I'm really sorry as you know for the latest cycle and I'm so glad you have your son! Hope that everything works out with the US travel soon.

Shady, lovely to hear from you as always. 18 months, crazy...! It's 12 months for us already too, I still cannot believe it. Time goes too fast, why did nobody tell me ;)

Mouse, just wow! That's incredible, I love these kinds of stories. Wishing you all the very best for your first scan. How exciting!

Pritamin, I'd have done the same, better get vaccinated now rather than having the danger of getting covid when pregnant.

321 - 336 of 336 Posts