Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
341 - 360 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi all thought I’d pop in to say a massssssive congrats Queenie!! Those first few weeks are the most tiring but so many breath away moments of we finally did it- enjoy!

Klik- I know it’s may not be comparable but Ollie from made in Chelci (I know 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️) has been instagramming his journey for surrogacy. The UK was happy to grant them a medical expedition to fly to the US, same with Francis (also made in Chelsea- yes it’s sad I know this)

Mac- that’s such a heartfelt post. I think they’re reporting 1in 3 kids will be from mixed families and they’ll still be every parents child regardless

Wishing everyone else best of luck. AFM in Australia atm enjoying some grandparents help. Nice to have free arms for a bit and lots of freedom, though they registered 15 cases yesterday and there’s talk of a snap lockdown this evening (crazy I know!)

·
Registered
476 Posts
lol, Cramer, I love your TV viewing habits! I'll look into it though... I certainly don't want to fly until I've had my second dose, so we're talking mid-July at the earliest anyway...

Glad you've been getting some help--one is so much work, I cannot imagine what it must be like with two!

·
Registered
210 Posts
A very belated congratulations Queenie! So pleased for you. Welcome to the world baby Edgar. I hope you are all getting in okay. ❤

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi girls, I just thought to put an update on here.
I’m currently PUPO with two day 3 embryos (8 cell and 7 cell).
We had 3 follicles, 4 eggs, 2 fertilised and both looked good to be put back on day 3.
Embryologist was keen to wait until day 5 but consultant thought it was best that we put them back on day 3.
This is our final own egg cycle so no pressure on the little beans 🤣
My otd is 15/07 🙏🏼

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Girls, I am a newbie here. Need your help and advise.

I am 35 years old. We found out that I have low AMH of 4.1 and my hubby has low motility. My doc advised us to go for IVF. Feeling very depressed.. Also found out that NHS does not support IVF for AMH lower than 5.4.

So I am considering to go for private clinics... CRGH tops my list of clinics...

I had laparoscopy on 10th May and my doctor found out my left ovary and left fallopian tube were stuck with my uterus. So he fixed that.. Dye test was done and both fallopian tubes were fine.

So now we are not able to decide that should we wait for a couple of months and try naturally because I have heard many pregnancy success stories after laparoscopy or should we go for IVF straightaway...

Any suggestions please..

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi Blessedgirl, and welcome to this thread.
I’m sorry you’ve found yourself in this position :(
I remember I cried like a baby when IVF was mentioned by my doctor. I was also 35 and my AMH was 3.6.
We had been trying for over 2 years by then so we didn’t want to wait any longer but faced many delays during which we hoped we might succeed naturally.
I also had a laparoscopy just before I turned 35 and a huge cyst removed from my ovary and the tube was all tangled around it. Sadly for us it didn’t make a difference (we tried naturally for 9 months following my laparoscopy).
Jump forward 2.5 years, after many, many delays I was finally pregnant with my perfect daughter.
It’s really upsetting and quite frankly makes me really angry that NHS introduced this amh limit at a few trusts as it puts so many people out. Had they introduced it in 2016 we wouldn’t have had been eligible, yet we had our daughter from that one NHS cycle.

I know it’s super depressing to find out you need ivf but in a hindsight I wish I’d started it earlier so now I wouldn’t be struggling to give my daughter a sibling at the age of 41. For some people it only takes a few months, for us it took 2.5 years from the diagnosis to actually get pregnant with IVF.

I’m not sure if this is what you wanted to hear but I wanted to be honest with you so you know it can take a while.
This forum and especially thread is so so supportive and some of the girls have such a huge knowledge that you will certainly find support hear if you need it.

good luck to you and your husband whatever you decide. Xxx

p.S. maybe check if your NHS clinic offers self funded option.
We stayed with our nhs clinic for this final round and we are self funding and it is still so much cheaper than private clinics.

p.S.2: while you decide I’d start taking ubiquinol (4-600mg for you and 200mg for your husband daily). My consultant suggested it, it’s got some evidence that it helps with egg quality which is what we low AMH ladies desperately need and it also helps with sperm quality. You need 3 take it for at least 3 months for it to start to work as it’s that long how it takes for both follicles and sperm to develop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Blessedgirl, and welcome to this thread.
I’m sorry you’ve found yourself in this position :(
I remember I cried like a baby when IVF was mentioned by my doctor. I was also 35 and my AMH was 3.6.
We had been trying for over 2 years by then so we didn’t want to wait any longer but faced many delays during which we hoped we might succeed naturally.
I also had a laparoscopy just before I turned 35 and a huge cyst removed from my ovary and the tube was all tangled around it. Sadly for us it didn’t make a difference (we tried naturally for 9 months following my laparoscopy).
Jump forward 2.5 years, after many, many delays I was finally pregnant with my perfect daughter.
It’s really upsetting and quite frankly makes me really angry that NHS introduced this amh limit at a few trusts as it puts so many people out. Had they introduced it in 2016 we wouldn’t have had been eligible, yet we had our daughter from that one NHS cycle.

I know it’s super depressing to find out you need ivf but in a hindsight I wish I’d started it earlier so now I wouldn’t be struggling to give my daughter a sibling at the age of 41. For some people it only takes a few months, for us it took 2.5 years from the diagnosis to actually get pregnant with IVF.

I’m not sure if this is what you wanted to hear but I wanted to be honest with you so you know it can take a while.
This forum and especially thread is so so supportive and some of the girls have such a huge knowledge that you will certainly find support hear if you need it.

good luck to you and your husband whatever you decide. Xxx

p.S. maybe check if your NHS clinic offers self funded option.
We stayed with our nhs clinic for this final round and we are self funding and it is still so much cheaper than private clinics.

p.S.2: while you decide I’d start taking ubiquinol (4-600mg for you and 200mg for your husband daily). My consultant suggested it, it’s got some evidence that it helps with egg quality which is what we low AMH ladies desperately need and it also helps with sperm quality. You need 3 take it for at least 3 months for it to start to work as it’s that long how it takes for both follicles and sperm to develop.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I haven’t been on here for a while but just catching up.

blessedgirl welcome and I’m sorry you find yourself in this position. Pritamin has given some great advise and my consultant also recommended co-enzyme Q10 and suggested there is some evidence for improving egg quality.

I went to the lister with low egg reserve after a natural conception nearly 5 years ago which resulted in my daughter then a year of trying naturally before hormone testing which showed high FSH and low AMH. We did 9 rounds at the lister, many of which resulted in cancelled cycles due to poor response.

I feel very lucky that I fell pregnant after a cancelled cycle with no follicles growing and the consultant thinking I may not ovulate that month.

Im 13 weeks pregnant and hoping things will go smoothly from here. I found this thread to be an immense support during that time, and these ladies have so much knowledge.

Pritamin it’s great to hear you have 2 embryos on board. I’m really hoping you get lucky this time. I know there is a lot riding on this round. I’m keeping everything crossed for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Pritamin,

Thanks alot for your reply. Thats a great success story. I found it encouraging. And it makes me less nervous. And yes thanks for being honest. That's what we need right.. :)

I really wish you all the best. Hope you get lucky in this cycle.

One thing I have started doing is reading pregnancy success stories to keep myself positive. It gives me hope.. I have heard about ubiquinol for improving the egg quality. I have my first appointment booked on 21st July with the private clinic. I will definitely ask him to recommend some medicine. Keeping my fingers crossed... Thanks again... take care.

Hi mouse80,

Wow thats incredible..Congratulations on your pregnancy!! Hoping and praying you have a smooth and healthy pregnancy. Good Luck.. take care...

Reading these comments just made my day even better.. :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Oh wow, mouse, 13 weeks already? Time flies when you’re having fun ;)
I’m so, so happy for your that you’re through this massive milestone with your surprise pregnancy.

blessedgirl - any questions, feelings, doubts don’t hesitate to post.
Also just wanted to mention that CoQ10 (what mouse recommended) is essentially the same as ubiquinol the latter is the more concentrated form of the former. In case you ever get confused… I know I was at the start :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just an update from me.
My OTD is Thursday but I had my period this morning so we are out.
I think I’ve mentally prepared myself quite well and we are already planning next steps and I got in touch with the Czech clinic so we can start the process ASAP.

lots of love to all xx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Pritamin,

Sorry to hear that..hope you are doing ok.. I just hope and pray that next cycle works for you. Please stay positive.

I have an appointment on 21st so I would like to know what sorts of question I need to ask the consultant. This is my first appointment so I would like to make the most of it.

Thanks..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pritamin I’m so sorry about your negative, but you sound very prepared in terms of next steps. As anxiety provoking as the next step is, it’s also really exciting and hopeful. I spent many hours contemplating de and if my other half had been supportive I would have done it after about 5 rounds of oe ivf as I could see that I wouldn’t regret it. That’s great you have a clinic you have chosen too, hopefully now travel is opened up it will mean you can proceed without delay.

blessedgirl in terms of questions it depends on what you feel you need to know for you to best to use the time with your consultant. You should have access to nurses throughout the process to things like medication procedure etc can be answered by them. For me I wanted to know a) what my statistical chances of success were and b) what we would do differently in the next round if that one didn’t work. In all honesty I think the first round is a learning curve. We didn’t get any embryos at all in round 1. They changed the protocol and drugs after that but I’m not sure they could have predicted the way my body would respond to the drugs. Most of my cycles were back to back in that I would get a bfn then 2 days later I would start on stims again. So I wanted to know from my consultant whether he could fit in with the way I wanted to do things. Thankfully he was very available on email and happy to let me cycle in this way and was quick to get plans in place. I do think that first meeting is just getting a sense of how you will gel with your dr and if it’s the right fit for you. I initially wanted to change as mine was so clinical and I was so emotional in the first few failed rounds and I wanted some hand holding but actually in the end I was glad I didn’t as he was the best fit for what I needed and went out of his way clinically and was always available when I needed him. I also appreciated his honestly and directness with me. Where are you cycling? Good luck with your consultation and hope you come out feeling you got the information you needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi girls,

As an update, I just had my consultation with CRGH and based on my medical history, I have been recommended 2 ICSI cycles in 2 months and 1 FET. I just received a cost estimate of £21,700. This does not cover any pre-screening tests, which I assume would be a lot as well.

I am concerned that the cost is very high and therefore, not sure what my options are.

Has anyone had any experience with Access Fertility and their multi-cycle packages. I just checked their website and it appears their 2 cycle package is apprx £12k. Even assuming medication is not included in that I feel the difference between the cost estimate received and the Access fertility package is too high.

Could anyone tell me the ballpark estimate of medication each cycle?
Are there any options for me to reduce the overall costs?

Any suggestions / inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Blessegirl. We bought 3 x multi cycle packages from access at £8500 each. Medication was approx £1500 per fresh cycle. I found it better value for money as they allow 1 cancelled cycle per 2 cycle package and with low AMH this happened at lot for us! Have you contacted access fertility as based on your age it shouldn’t be more that £8500 for a 2 cycle package.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
How are you doing, ladies? I have not posted in what feels like forever. Apologies for lack of personals. I tried to stay away thinking it will help me let go but alas. The kind of grief you get with loss of fertility is just impossible to ignore or easily get over and no time or distance seems to help. I buried myself with work but the deep sadness is still there. I also feel so angry at the whole covid situation that effectively robbed me of my last months/years of fertility as we were unable to travel. I am only 45 but it looks like I am out of the game. Did my bloods and no progesterone or estrogen. I still have some follicles but with estrogen below 200 it is unlikely to have an egg. I still have periods randomly sometimes every 40 days or so, no idea what prompts it as I have no LH surge or estrogen rise or progesterone. At the moment I am just super depressed as I might not even have a proper period any more. I decided to try again with stims in Germany. Was told to start gonal F 225 on day 2 but what’s day 2?? I started brown spotting which in the past would inevitably lead to proper red flow but no such luck this time, 4 days of brown spotting and then nothing. I still started Gonal F 225 as my day 1 (if I can call it that) bloods seemed OK estrogen was low 160 and progesterone none existent 0.2, the only thing that was up was my LH – 22. Anyway = after 4 days of gonal F, no change in estrogen L it’s now 186 with LH 35. It’s day 41 from the last proper period or day 6 from the start of brown spotting. I have not got a clue how to manage such absurd reality. With such high Lh maybe I should trigger ovulation with ovitrelle to see if this could restart a cycle? Am I being really silly and unreasonable even trying considering the hormonal levels?? I remember thinking that I’d draw the line at 45 but now when I am actually here I feel like I have it in me to fight if only I had any eggs left.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Just catching up on what I missed...

Pritamin, so sorry your last cycle did not work. Still, producing 2 embryos is a good and very encouraging result. I so hope your Czech plans will work out beautifully for you! Can I ask you about your experience with Croydon university hospital? I’ve never heard of them but they must be close to Wimbledon and I wonder if I could use a local clinic for collection/transfer while actually getting stim advice from `Munich. In case of travel restrictions it would be good to have plan B.

mouse80, so pleased for you!! How amazing a natural BFP after all the struggle! Happy and healthy pregnancy! Btw, I really like your idea of comparing ivf to a bad gambling habit where the house is always going to win but I am just glad that occasionally we get to win too . I agree with Shady about increased chances of getting pregnant after a failed or cancelled IVF cycle due to the drugs contributing to a conducive ovarian environment that we may not achieve on a natural cycle. My last BFP (2.5 years ago now) was actually on a second back to back stim cycle, it did not stick but in terms of ovarian response it was unexpectedly better than on the first stim cycle. Your example fills me with hope again so you had 10 days of stim and then natural BFP on the same cycle or the next one?

Kat, I totally share your frustration with the new design/site, took me ages even to find you ladies! How are you doing? I am sorry I was not able to join you in person, hopefully next time.

Mac, lovely to hear from you, congratulations on your little boy! I cannot recommend a good gyno unfortunately, I am looking for one myself. The last one I saw referred me to a physiotherapist after hearing the number of IVFs I’ve done… very disappointing.

Klik, best of luck with your NYC plans!

Queenie, a very belated congratulations on the birth of Baby Edgar! Happy news!!

Afm, I just had a scan and if I did not already know I have virtually no estrogen and no proper period I would have thought it looked pretty decent, 9mm lining, 5 small follicles below 10 mm etc… but with estrogen below 200 and LH 35 and considering it’s day 41 from the last proper full red flow… I do not even know where this is going to or from. And how did my lining grow with no progesterone and super low estrogen?? I do not understand anything anymore. Stuffed myself with more Gonal F… Does anyone know what do you do to lower LH?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi everyone
Not been on here for ages as been trying to put another baby to the back of my mind but its becoming almost impossible. No luck with ttc naturally, I was planning to use some leftover clomid I had but somehow the one box that got lost when we moved house had them in.
So unfortunately it looks like we have no choice but to go back to create, we only plan to do one fresh cycle to see how it goes and if we don’t get anything from it I will transfer my 2 frosties. Financially and emotionally we can’t get caught up in it like we were before my daughter.

Briss, how are things with you?

Hope everyone else is well xx

341 - 360 of 366 Posts