Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had regular cycles (28) but recently i was diagnosed with FSH 18.9 and low AMH.  I have had 3 miscarriages and have been advised to now use donor eggs.  I was determined to keep trying with my own eggs as my cycles were so good but how can I suddenly stop having my period.  I got my AMH result on Thurs, my period was due on Fri (had spotting and PMT) and now Tues I feel great and I honestly don't think my period will arrive at all.  Anyone else have this experience so suddenly and what should I do?  I'm absolutely devastated.
Does this mean the start of menopause for me?  I'm 37.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi buba

First of all  ^Cuddle^

Im sorry I cant be of much help, but I didnt want to read and run. I have a very high FSH (highest reading in the 70's) and im only 26! I thought my world had fell apart, I havent got any previous children either  :'(

Could it be that the results from you AMH have stressed you out and thats why AF has dissapeared? What is your AMH reading?

I had my AMH test done last Friday, im just waiting for my results. After speaking to some of the girls on here, NEVER give up hope. Ive heard from a few people on here that they had readings as low as 0.7 AMH, and they still went on to have babies using their own eggs!  :)

I think you should go back to your consultant and ask about IVF using your own eggs (if possible), if not, try looking into going aborad (e.g Turkey) as I know they will do IVF on people with low AMH readings.

I hope ive given you some 'light at the end of the tunnel' but apart from that, I cant give you anymore advice on your AF not appearing.

Hope you all the luck in the world hun and hope some other lovely ladies can tell you more xxxxx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Hello there!

Something that might give you a little hope is a steroid hormone called DHEA - it's meant to turn back time on those eggs - it's worked for a few of us on thw poor responders thread!

Here's a study into its use:

1: J Assist Reprod Genet. 2007 Dec 11
Update on the use of dehydroepiandrosterone supplementation among women with diminished ovarian function.
Barad D, Brill H, Gleicher N.
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA.
OBJECTIVE: We assessed the role of DHEA supplementation on pregnancy rates in women with diminished ovarian function.
DESIGN: This is a case control study of 190 women with diminished ovarian function. The study group includes 89 patients who used supplementation with 75 mg daily of oral, micronized DHEA for up to 4 months prior to entry into in vitro fertilization (IVF).
The control group is composed of 101 couples who received infertility treatment, but did not use DHEA. The primary outcome was clinical pregnancy after the patient's initial visit.
We developed a Cox proportional hazards model to compare the proportional hazards of pregnancy among women using DHEA with the controls group.
RESULTS: Cumulative clinical pregnancy rates were significantly higher in the study group (25 pregnancies; 28.4% vs. 11 pregnancies; 11.9%; relative hazard of pregnancy in study group (HR 3.8; 95% CI 1.2-11.8; p < 0.05).
CONCLUSIONS: DHEA treatment resulted in significantly higher cumulative pregnancy rates. These data support a beneficial effect of DHEA supplementation among women with diminished ovarian function.
PMID: 18071895 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

As you can see by my signature I got pregnant with my own eggs and my AMH is excruciatingly low - it's eminently possible!

The thing with DHEA is that it's not yet licensed for use in this country, although some clinics here are conducting trials. The hormone is produced naturally in the body, but dwindles as we age.
You can buy it from America legally though - check out Biovea or Agestop websites. And it's dead cheap!

When you have high FSH and low AMH the keyword is quality, not quantity - the few eggs you get from a cycle you want to be tip-top condition.

The thing about AF is she can be as regular as clockwork..till you want her to be! Then she plays games with your mind. Try to relax - they don't just stop like that.

xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Buba

your inbox is full i typed you a really, really long message and it would not send to you and then it dissappeared, sorry will try again another time, you'll have to delete a few of those messages!

ll

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can I ask what your AMH result was please?  I am 38 and had an AMH test earlier this year with a reading of 8.5.  I know that this is a low quality reading but was does this actually mean?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi Miranda

Congratulations on your miracle.  ^hugme^

I see from your signature that your AMH is low but your FSH is normal.  Do you know anyone how has been successful with low AMH and a high FSH?

Thanks

Kittyxxx

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
I'm trying to think of a specific case, but my brain's gone!

They do say that low AMH can mask high FSH though, so maybe one shouldn't worry about the FSH part? We've had quite a lot of success on the poor responders thread - look at one of Steph's lists and see!

Post on peer support too - there are poor resonders who don't frequent the thread who have managed to get preg as well.

Have you had a cycle and know how you respond to the drugs yet? That's always a far better indicator than numbers.

xx

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi Miranda

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't get the chance to cycle with my own eggs FSH best 44 worst over 120  :eek: and the consultant would not entertain levels over 17.  I didn't have an AMH test done until recently which was 0.5 (if I remember). 

We since have been successful with DE and have been blessed with a precious little boy.  I was just interested to get more information (always hopeful).

I will post on peer support and poor responders too.  Thanks again.

Kittyxxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts