Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - I am new on here so please bear with me ! 
I have grade 4 endo and a whole other load of fertility issues and we are about to embark on our first IVF cycle ..... My last AMH reading was 1.0 ( prev one 6 months ago was 2.11 ) I am 38 partner 40 . My AF scan revealed more issues so I was sent for an urgent MRI as cancerous cysts were suspected but thankfully they are benign but very large and one is possibly a hydrosalpinx. My consultant has wanted to perform a laparoscopy to confirm all these before we start treatment but my last one 5 years ago result in bowel rupture and a colostomy bag so I am very reluctant to have this done and he is also reluctant to do it. We are now wondering if the images on the MRI are simply adhesions from all my surgery and the endo so after discussion we don't want to hang around and due to the low AMH we want to start ASAP - if we do respond to stimulation and fingers crossed I produce some eggs they have also said access to my ovaries is going to be tricky !we know are chances of success are slim but I wondered if anyone has gone through anything similar and had any success . I am aware this is my last chance of becoming a mum after far too many years ttc but we can't give up hope just yet !
Thanks for reading people ......... :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
hello Pickles43,
Just want to encourage you. Keep your hopes high girl, miracles still happens! so don`t give up while you still have breathe in you. sending you baby dust:)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww thank you zinimy .... I'm trying but every appointment is just more negativity and bad news but I'm doing my best to keep up beat .... Miracles do happen so they say
Xx

·
Registered
402 Posts
Oh Pickles, you've been through so much  ^hugme^ Just wanted to send you positive vibes and lots of luck. Lots of ladies respond to treatment even of AMH isn't as high as we'd like. Come stop by the Low AMH/ High FSH thread and I'm sure you'll be inspired by other ladies on there. Pickle x

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you pickle123 I will do ..... Xx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in a similar boat. 35. Low amh- was 2.8 -9 months ago. First IUI failed. Now on day 5 of stims and only have one follicle. Need at least 4. It's not looking like we will even get to the Egg Retrieval stage...  it's a bit unsettling.

What are you doing to help with the process- diet wise etc?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi wolf and fox .....
Not an easy journey is it .... I'm on day 13 of stims and they nearly cancelled my treatment at first scan ( day 5 ) but got better news next scan after that so don't loose hope just yet ... I'm
Back for scan today and I only have two
Follicles visible but they aren't cancelling me just yet as they are growing ... I'm drinking lots of water , protein shakes daily and lots more protein and using a wheat bag on my tummy as much as I can ! Fingers crossed things improve for you xx

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi ladies,

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you Pickles and Wolf&Fox  ^hugme^ Where there is a will there's a way as they say, so keep hoping.

I just read what you said pickles about using a wheat bag on your tummy when you can and I know this is an odd suggestion but when I have really bad Af pains, I use the self adhesive hand/feet warmers and stick them inside my jeans all day  ::) You have to be careful not to burn yourself by putting them next to your skin, but they will keep your tummy warm for up to 8 hours and let you get on with your day. Might be an idea?

Good luck with your scan today xxx

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi cinnamon75 -
I have some of those patches and have been using the aswell ! thank you for your positive words scan went ok - we have only two follicles which are growing slowly back again Monday and fingers crossed EC will be wed or fri already on day 14 of stimms - feel like ill be injecting forever !! x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts