Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick bit of background - I am 35 and have had endometriosis for  number of years, had a blocked tube removed several years ago and now also only have one ovary which functions.  Had 2 natural pg a few years ago but both ended in m/c.  Since then I have had several cylces of IVF/ICSI all ending in BFN and have had poor fertilisation rates.  DH has no known problems.  I have issues with the lining of my womb but in addition the clinic have felt that the quality of my eggs is poor.  FSH tests have been a bit unpredictable in the past but always on the high side.

We haven't had any treatment for over a year and at the moment we are TTC naturally as I have been unable to give up hope completely, but with the help of chinese medicine and acupuncture.  I had some blood tests the first time I went to see the Chinese doctor in London (all done by a pathology lab in HArley St, not the Dr herself) and I was given the results when I went back to see her for my follow up this week.  The bloods were taken on CD3.  I am having trouble interpreting the results and she didn't really help to make it clear.  I know some of you ladies are very knowledgable about this stuff and wondered if you could give me any advice.  Here are the results:

FSH 3.1
LH 2.0
Prolactin 190
17-Beta Oestradiol 551
Inhibin B <7
AMN 10.7

The low FSH really threw me and she said that really low can be as bad as really high.  What also really worried me was the Inhibin B at <7 as I understood this meant post menopausal?  I know the AMH at 10.7 is in the low fertility range but she seemed to be quite pleased that it wasn't even lower than that.

I am seeing my con here in a couple of ways and will take the results along and ask him to help me make sense of them but in the meantime if anyone can give me any more guidance I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Foxy x

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi foxylady73

I have just had my first private consultation and spoke about my FSH that is high. He told me that they arent really that bothered about FSH or LH levels and he was more bothered about my AMH results. He said these days they can give you medication to make your FSH go up and down. All high or low FSH readings give you, is a point into the right direction of a low egg reserve. I know most people tend to put everything on high or low FSH readings, but my consultant told me that he will work from my AMH results (that I get Tuesday) and if it is anything above a 5, then I am able or IVF, if its below 5, then I need a donor egg. I have no previous children and am really gutted, but if your AMH results is 10.7, then I dont think its your eggs that is the problem!! Same as you said, maybe they need to start thinking about increasing your womb lining or something along them lines. Sorry I cant be of much help, but I wouldnt look too into the FSH readings as they vary from month to month anyway
Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon xxxxxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts