Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my follow up appointment today and was told that all my results were fine and that he was putting me down as unexplained fertility, The only this was that my progesterone was a little low at 6.4  what should it actually be?? He said i will go for a further blood test as cd21 and if it is still a little low that we will go for 3 cycles of clomid.

I will have to wait three years to be referred to the fertility clinic, not sure i can wait that long ...

Any advice

Andrea
  :'(

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Hi,

I am not a Dr therefore can only explain what happened to me.  I tried for 2 years after a Miscarriage and nothing was happening.  I went to the Dr and was told to do a Progesterone check at day 21. The results came back at 15.  He told me that this was borderline for whether I ovulated or not and that I had to have them redone.  When I had them redone they came back even lower and I was told that I wasn't ovulating at all and that normally for no ovulation completely they should be around 5.

I was then referred to a gynae Dr and was prescribed clomid for 9 or 10 months, but although ovulating I still didn't get pregnant and was therefore referred for IVF with unexplained Infertility.  However clomid is very sucessful and has a pregnancy rate of something like 75%.

I don't want to upset you, but from what I can see you may not be ovulating and perhaps he wants to make sure before he tells you this for definite.

Let as know how you get on and good luck.

Stacey

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi andrea

when i first went to dr about very irregular periods he tested for PCOS all results came back fine apart from progesterone which was low at 5. he then started me on clomid 50mg and i was told that a level of 30 on CD21 would show that i ovulated. unfortunately on my first month of clomid on CD21 my level was only 1.7. have just completed the second month of clomid so we shall see what the levels are like this month.

best of luck with your levels. if you start clomid, maybe come onto the clomid board we are a lovely bunch of girls.  ^reiki^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.