Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls Just to let you know (because it will look odd if you look at this without knowing ;) ) I have done some tidying up on the board I have merged all the recent posts about HVG levels, so they are all now on this thread. All the posts should have the original thread title, but they get sorted out into date order ;) so might look a bit odd if you read it thro.Shellebell

Hello ladies, I've been on the Dec/Jan thread w some lovely ladies but it has now been closed down. I got a BFP on Feb 1st but have been reluctant to joint the Pregnant at ARGC thread as my HCG levels have been low and fluctuating. I started at 71, went up to 93, 106, back to 98, 115 and down to 110 yesterday. Mr T has kept me on the drugs but asked me to stop the steroids. Everyone tells me to remain positive, and I do try, but it's hard not to think it's a m/c waiting to happen. Has anyone else experienced something similar?Alex x

·
Registered
259 Posts
Alex,

I don't have the answer but I just wanted to give you a  ^hugme^  - hang on in there.  I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer your questions.

Send you lots of positive vibes.

Jo xx

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
i didn't want to 'read and run', but sadly can't help....  it's such a difficult time, but until someone tells you otherwise, really do try to remain positive.  Wishing you so much luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Loobs x

·
Registered
377 Posts
Alex,

Just wanted to send you a  ^hugme^  and say I am  ^pray^  all will be ok...

xxxxx

·
Registered
200 Posts
i too havent experienced similar (although who knows with other MC as HCG arent measured on a regular cycle...).. but hang in there. not long now til the first scan.

prue x

ps good to meet hubby and puppy on Sunday!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi Alex

I've only had experience with slow rising levels before but as Loobs says until a m/c is proven hang on to those positive vibes.
Sometimes the steroids can hinder levels so hopefully they will rally now.

^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
Praying that you get good news soon

Take care
Loobieloobs xxx

·
Registered
238 Posts
Alex - don't have any answer but want to give you my BIG HUGS  ^hugme^ and sending more positive vibes ^reiki^ .

C xxxxx

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hi Alex
THere was a lady who has now given birth, her name was Dimee (ithink) it might be worth tracking her down on the PG or 157 thred as she often talked about how she had low HCG levels and offered great support to lots of people. I think she listed her levels on her signature.
Good luck - got everything crossed for you
XX

·
Registered
343 Posts
Alex - Dimee signature is on 1st page of pregnant at Argc.
Wishing u all the best x

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Alex - so sorry to read you are having a rocky ride. What I can tell you is that the clinic are very honest - when I had my chemical pregnancy with them last year they were very open about the fact it was likely to be going nowhere. So if they are telling you to stay positive then that is a good sign - they honestly wouldn't say that if there wasn't hope. Lets hoping that now you have stopped steroids your levels will start rising and you can start feeling more confident. You must have a little fighter in there because your levels are only slightly dropping  ^hugme^

Spin x

ps. what was your level today?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Alex

Sorry I dont have any words of wisdom but I just wanted to say am thinking of you and try to be positive. Hope all goes well. Have been looking out for you at bloods.

Jane xx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi ALex
I did my bloods pregnancy test on Monday & got a 4.1 HCG they said under 3 is negative & over 25 positive yesterday then it was 5.8 so they are keeping me on the drugs & just had bloods done again they said it can go either way but probably negtive so you see you are in a strong position everyone is just different best of luck

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was feeling pretty low yesterday but better today and I think I can credit much of that to the support from all of you. I'm on my way in to London for bloods again and will keep you posted how it goes.

Hartford really hope it goes well for you.
Spin, good point about their honesty I think I need to ask a few more questions when I hear back from them today.

A x

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi there, just wanted to say that sometimes things happen in their assisted cycles which no one can explain we have been there and my DW is now almost 26weeks. Hang in there and as someone else said previously that if ARGC haven't given up then there is a chance things will be okay.

It's easier said than done but try not to stress.

P.S. how many embies did you have transferred ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Also just wanted to say that talk to one of the doctors there and ask them to be frank with you and to tell you the most likely causes and whether IVIG is an option ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Karl, yes it would be so much easier to follow a trend though, but I will speak to one of the doctors as soon as I can to try to figure out what is happening to me.

Just when I thought nothing more would surprise me, I've just had a call, my HCG has doubled since Monday, up from 110 to 225. All those good lucks and positive energies must have done the job. They want me to stay on the drugs and come back in on Friday but they did sound a bit apprehensive, maybe it's baffling to them also. More likely, they want to see the levels rising again before they can give me some reassurance.

So I will enjoy a small sigh of relief for until Friday, and postpone the sweet binging plans a bit longer...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Good news Alex  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  - Pred held things back for me as well. Lets hope you are now going to have a smooth ride  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Spin x

·
Registered
336 Posts
Good news Alex, sending lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ your way!!!!!

Danielle x

·
Registered
118 Posts
More positive vibes from me too. The very best of luck !!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts