Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

i had my 28 weeks scan yesterday and both twins are measuring quite small, cons didnt seem too concerned at this point, said fulids, blood flow etc all ok and that babies have grown. they are showing just on the lowest line of my growth graph but he did say that was to be expected with twins as they will be smaller.

i go back in 4 weeks for another scan when they will have another look at their growth.

he said will do more scans if there is any orblems and would have to have babies sooner of growth stopped but said that all is ok at the moment.

we do tend to have small babies in my family 5-6lb something at full term is average, a 7lb baby would be HUGE to us!

they weigh approx 2lbs each, anybody else had same/similar?

i know they tell us not to worry but its so hard not to isnt it?

many thanks

L x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi. My 2 were born at 28 weeks. One was 2lb 9 and the other 2lb 11. I was told they were excellent weights and above average 4 their gestation, so 2lb sounds fine to me. Also scans are rarely accurate at predicting weights. Try not to worry x x

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
slinky - thanks so much for the reply  ^hugme^  hope your little ones are doing well, did you manage to have the steriod injections for their lungs before they were born?

my cousin and his wife had twins, they were born at almost 39w and were less than 5lb each so i guess they would have been approx 2lb at this stage too, just hoping they keep growing but am expecting them to be quite small anyway

thanks again

L xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi

Yes they had the steroids and are bouncing healthy toddlers now. I'm sure your 2 little ones will be fine xxx

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Hi Linlou,

My twins were 2lb 5oz and 1lb 13oz at 28 weeks, the smaller one was beneath the lowest line on the graph but she followed her line after not really growing between 26 and 28 weeks. They talked of delivering them at 30 weeks but they weren't born until 38 weeks with smaller twin weighing 4lb 8oz. Both my girls have continued to follow their own growth line since being born which is lower than the 0.4 centile but they're both fine just dinky  :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
I had a scan at 26+4 and they weighed 2lb 1 and 1lb 11, at 29+4 weeks they were 2lb 11 and 2lb 10. They were concerned about the growth of twin 2 for a while but she suddenly had a spurt at 34 weeks and overtook her sister! They were born at 36 weeks weighing 4lb 15 and 5lb 3 so still on the small side but otherwise well. Like pompeys they have continued to grow on a low centile but at a steady rate which was what I was told was important during the pregnancy. Scan estimates can be out by up to 10% as well, some places don't even estimate weights as they don't consider it accurate enough. They're happy with your dopplers (blood flow) and fluid levels which is really good news so try not to worry too much. Anecdotally resting can help growth - I was told if you're not using your energy then more goes to the babies, eat well and sleep when you can. Hope that helps x

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you so much ladies for the reassurance, been really trying not to worry but cant help myself, feel lots better after hearing your stories and that your precious babies are well  ^hugme^

thanks again

L xx

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Linlou,

Sending your HUGS.  If the Doctor/Consultant was worried they would have had you back before 4 weeks.  Your only tiny yourself so your babies are perfect  :)

Sharon xx

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks sharon - my mum keeps sayong the same!
butterfly - ah thats great and doesnt show them too far off scale, also they are not expected to be as big as shown at full term and the article does say all babies vary in size

thanks to you all for the reassurance you have all been a big help much appreciated  ^hugme^

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi all had 32w scan today and both babies weigh 3lb1oz and 3lb2oz, blood flow through placenta ia fine and soare fluids cons said no reason for concern babies a little on small side but foollowing growth curve, baby boy on 10th centile line and baby girl is just under but i feel much more relieved. also my sisters daughter was born at 31w and was 3lb and she is perfect  :)  i had steriod injections for their lungs at 29 weeks so now feeling reassured that all is going ok.

hope you are all ok?

L xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Great news! xxxxx

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
So pleased to hear your babies are growing well  :)

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks so much ladies xxx  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Linlou,

Fantastic news.  Not long now  :)

Sharon xx

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks sharon, i know cant believe how near it is now!!!! WHAT WEEK WERE THE BOYS BORN AT ?XX

·
Registered
473 Posts
My girls were born at 31 weeks exactly and one was just over 3lbs and one was just under 3lbs..... both are absolutely fine ..... and one is now off the centile in terms of height!!

x

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for that paw, really do appreciate the reassurance, its so hard not to worry isnt it. glad to hear that your girls are well and such gorgeous names. thanks again hunny  ^hugme^

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Thats great news Linlou, the babies sound fab and healthy xxx

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks kim for the reply. how are you doing? we are both on count down now im so excited!!!! sorry i dont post much on twins thread find it hard to keep up with everyone  :)  hope you and bump are doing ok.also just wondered have yo udecided on natural or c section? i am same as yo twin 1 head down and twin 2 breech my cons has been off for a while so havent seen her and just realised this week i havent done afinalised birth plan  :eek:  is this a necesity do you think? opther cons i have seen recomended natural if possible but nothing definite in my ante natal notes

anyone else any thoughts would be grateful to hear them

thanks

L xx

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Hey Linlou!

I'm being recommended natural too now. They also wont induce me until after 38 weeks, which just feels cruel at this stage! Bbaies were remeasured and are now 5lb11 and 5lb15 so no more worries on my little girl being small! As for a birth plan, I have decided not to write one. If I was to write it, it would simply say please make sure the 3 of us are safe and healthy! I dont believe in messing with the pro's!! If my cons tells me to jot notes down then I will, I just genuinely dont know what I do and dont want and I believe in being flexible with myself. My Dh is clued up so If Im out of it, he knows what I think on pain relief etc, and I trust him. (could regret that statement!!) Think alot of twin mums2b are pretty laid back about the birth plan for obvious reasons!

Post and keep us up to  date with your news, dont worry about personals, they can be really hard to keep up with hun,. and nooone minds!!

Hope you're feeling well xxxxxx

1 - 20 of 26 Posts