Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

just thought I'd share this one as it makes me chuckle and might make you guys smile!

DH and I had EC on Monday and Mr Bearfriend was very nervy about the whole sperm production bit and their quality.  Any how, all went well despite the woman waiting outside for him to do his bit. 

We then both nervously awaited phone calls from the embryologist to update us on how it was all going.  Last cycle we didn't get very good quality and this cycle we were going for a three day transfer so were keeping everything crossed.  On day 3 we got the phone call to say we had 4 grade ones and did we want to freeze two?  This was the news we had been hoping for and were so delighted.

After about 10 mins Mr Bearfriend turned to me and said "do you think I can take my pants off now?"  Somewhat bewildered by this question, I quizzed him.  Turned out that my mad DH had developed a 'thing' about his pants being lucky after managing to produced his sample whilst wearing them.  He had then felt unable to take them off as this would ruin our luck for good quality embryos.  This also meant he had been unable to shower.  Now Mr Bearfriend is very fastidious and for 4 days he had not changed his pants or showered.  He looked very plaintively at me and said that he had really wanted to shower and felt very dirty!

We have since designated a whole batch of his pants at lucky subs, as otherwise I dread to think what could happen in the 2ww!   

The sacrifices our DHs make for us huh?!!!

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

I'm more stunned at the woman waiting outside whilst he 'did' his sample  :eek: :eek:. Poor bloke - talk about pressure!!

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
;D I love it

I had lucky pants and a lucky dress....I did take them off between appts though!  I wore them for every single appt....even when I had a short notice appt at the gp I shot home from work to change into them!  Was fun when I was going in every day or so I would have to take them off, wash them and dry them overnight... ;D.  I also wore my lucky ff wristband throughout my tx and pgy...

I remember being told to wear something different for my next antenatal appt as doing the bp was difficult as rolling the sleeves up was a challenge.  I point blank refused though....!

Wishing you all the best!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Bless his heart ;D ;D...... I know how he feels though - I had "lucky" pants too... in the end it was getting ridiculous keeping on washing and drying them overnight... so I went back to the shop and bought 13 more pairs... so that I had 14 in total.... I wore a pair everyday in the 2ww - in fact - i haven't stopped wearing them yet (obviously with my stash of them, I am managing to put a clean pair on each day ;D ;D)............. they are plain "shorts" type ORANGE knickers :-[ ;D DH thinks I am mad..... I even bought orange nail varnish and my toenails have been ORANGE since I stated downregging :-[ ;D

The things we put ourselves through eh ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
;D pongy...but obviously worked! Good on him!

Kay xxx

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Reality - we have done exactly that bought identical sets of lucky pants so he has 9 pairs but now I'm thinking maybe I should paint his nails orange too for some extra luck!!

I am glad that you guys are managing to change your pants at least...EBW your hospital must have thought you had no other clothes!

I'm really not sure what's with the woman waiting on the otherside of the door, you would think the clinic would have developed an easier way for a guy to hand over his sample.

xx

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
p.s I thought I should add that Mr Bearfriend is not alone in his insanity...I now have sooooo many crystals in my bed that its like sleeping on a bed of rocks.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
;D ;D :-* :-*

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
;D ;D ;D ah bless him

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hee hee this made me laugh - my DH had been wearing the same baggy combat trousers since a couple of days before EC because he thought (originally) that they were keeping the 'boys' nice and cool... then when we got the call that we had 4 top grade embies (previous attempts had only managed very low grades) he was sooo chuffed that he kept them on until the day after ET - I'm sure that he'll be putting them back on for test day too! And I thought I was superstitious!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi Girls !!

Where did you buy your orange pants ?? I can't find any and I really NEED some for my tx soon  ;) ;D

I used to have lucky pulling pants .. back in the day!! They were a bit grim and grey after a while but worked like a charm everytime !! hahah!!  ;D ;D

Best of luck to everyone  :-*

TLZ x

·
Registered
49 Posts
TLZ - I found orange pants in La Senza, 3 pairs for £5!! They do have a rather strange cartoon ostrich on them but mostly they are bright orange.

Sudders

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah but at least ostriches lay big juicy eggs so its still in keeping with the theme!

I am soooo glad that Mr Bearfriend is not the only nutty one  ;D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
TLZ - I got mine in Primark (my La Senza had sold out of the Orange  ::)) so went on a panic buying spree  ;D ;D they're  just plain Orange (shorts style) with 2 diamonte hearts on one side  ;) I also got some that are Orange with white flowers on (shorts style again - v.v. comfy  ;)) Good Luck on your quest...  :-*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts