Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i wonder if anybody could help relieve my worry. I have found a painless hard lump in my armpit. I dont know how long its been there but obviously I am worried. I am waiting for an appointment with a cpnsultant and I am at my wits end. Im so convinced its something nasty as the lump is not painful (google told me that painless lumps where bad). I know a lot of people go through this but im just feeling as though I am loosing control. I cant sleep, eat or stop feeling sick,
Please has anybody got any information

shara XX

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hi didn't want to read and run.

I have had that quite a few times and like you was petrified.  I had a virus.  I went to the doctor straight away to get it checked out and I advise you do the same hun.  I also had one in my breast which terrified me again I was knocking down the doctors door.  Try not to google things aswell because it just makes you worry more, believe me I speak from experience. 

Let me know how you get on, I am sure you will be fine

Rxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Have you ruled out a blocked hair follice hun? or is it deeper than that?  i know that i get them sometimes as i wax and do get the odd ingrower - sometimes these are painful and just hard pea-sized lumps.

If you are concerned i would pop to your gp and get them to check it out - put your mind at rest. ;)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks R and sallywags. The lump is quite deep in the armpit and not painful. Went back to see another GP and have been refered to breast clinic. Got to wait a week, so need to calm down. Im just so worried as it is not sore and everything that I have read sais that painful lumps are not as sinister as non painful ones. R did yours hurt.

So worried I feel sick all the time, cant believe how scary this is :'(

shara XXX

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I suffer a bit from blocked glands which come up in boils  :-\ some were painful others weren't.  Does it move around quite easily?
Try and keep  ^reiki^ hun  ^hugme^

Xxx

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for info shellbelle, as I do feel so desprate at the moment. When you say 'move around easily' do you mean move it a lot within the armpit, so that its not stuck at all??

sorry to go on but I just cant do anything at the moment and Im so negative about this ^bigbad^

shara :'( :'( :'(

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
yes hun, I have a spot/boil under the surface that always goes up and down that the Dr has always kept an eye on, it moves around just under the skin quite easliy, so it is more attached to the skin than the muscle/tissue ?
I have had a deep cyst/boil thing in my armpit that grew without me knowing until it got very large, it went quite deep because it had nothing muscle/bone wise to press against and cause pain, if you know what I mean ???

^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^pray^

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks shelley ^hugme^.

I keep touching mine hoping that is has gone away, or gotten smaller. This really is sending me up the wall ^idiot^ ^idiot^

shara XXX

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
hi Shara ^wave^ not following you honestly.....I'm making mine sore I think by poking around to see if its still there...sometimes its easier to find than others....

^hugme^

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hello

any lump is enough to worry you. I recenty had a cyst cut out of my neck and am waiting on analysis. The Drs say its likely to be normal, but its still anxiety provoking so i can completely understand how you feel.

Have you been run down or anything lately, my DH get s lumps in his arm pits and they are his glands

have you been to the GP and then been referred to a consultant ?

what is the waiting time ? push this if you are not happy wont you .

Most lumps turn out to be perefectly normal hon.

You will worry though try to fill your time and the time between now and getting a medical opinion will pass quicker

Best Wishes x

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Hi Shara
just popping in to wish you all the best hun, know what a worrying time it must be. I had a lump in my breast a few years ago and worried myself sick, but thankfully it was ok.
Can I just suggest though to you and EBW to NOT poke them! I know it drives you mad but you could make things worse, especially if it's a blocked follicle, you could be spreading around the stuff that's in it. I say this from experience too as I had a cyst on my shoulder which I would sit and scratch and poke with a pen :-[ if I couldn't quite reach it. My GP told me off and said prodding and poking any lump is not advisable :-X
I had the cyst removed and all was ok with that too, I think some of us must be prone to them :-\
I also get boils now and again like Shelley, particularly if I'm run down, I think it's a way of your body dealing with impurities etc but they're not at all nice when you get them are they Shelley :mad:
I'm not medically qualified but I was told that a lump that you can move around, or "get hold of" at either side is usually ok, and are normally blocked follicles which cause little cysts which fill up (and grow into a lump) with the normal secretions in the skin, as they can't flush out normally.
Hopefully the breast clinic appointment will come through quickly, I think most of them have a week's turnaround to deal with referrals (although mine took over 2 weeks as the stupid secretary "forgot" to send mine!, and almost sent me hairless!) :mad:
Will keep an eye out for your news, in the meantime do try not to worry ^hugme^ :-*
Take care
Lotsa love
Gayn
Xx

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
oh hun, easier said than done but try not to worry, least you have gone to the docs and the appointment is all arranged.

take care of yourself and let us know what doc says.

hugs

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi katedoll,

thankfully the consultant told me it was nothing to worry about. He checked my breasts and no lumps there. He then sent me for an ultrasound and the consultant radionlogist said that there was a lump, not a lymph node but it wasnt anything nasty. what a relief. Although being me I am still a bit anxious as it is still there and although they told me it wasnt nasty they didnt really tell me what it was. But I have to take their word for it as two consultants looked at it and said it was just a 'lump'. Trying not to be paranoid about it now.

What a horrible time of worry.

thanks for asking

shara XXXX

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
shara, when they emptied mine out they explained that Ultrasound is extremely clear as to the cause of a lump. If it had even been possibly nasty they would have flagged it. Mine just looked like a black hole which meant liquid...(which was actually yellowy orange when it came out :eek:) Did they say it was a cyst? or a fatty lump?  They can drain cyst and take out fatty lumps (I was told) but probably dont want to atm due to your pgy and nothing else.

^hugme^

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi EBW,

They didnt say it was anything, they just said it was a non hazardous lump. I was very upset and didnt chase it up. But I suppose they see different lumps on a very regular basis so I must take their word for it.
Left you a message on other thread after your appointment, so good to have it over and sorted isnt it.

shara XX

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
yeah i kinda feel like a new person!  They had done 5 benign lump aspirations the same morning by the time I got there!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts