Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya, i know my twins should be on finger foods now as they are 8 1/2 months but they cant even tolarate lumpy food, they are still on stage 1 hipp, although i do make my own foods and i make it slightly thicker with a few tiny lumps which they can just about manage, no way could they manage stage 2 food, and im terrified of giving them finger food incase they choke, every time i make their food thicker they gag and are always sick (not just a little bit but the whole days food!) then they refuse to eat anything, any ideas?????????????
thanks, lisa x x x

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi Lisa

Keep offering your lumpy foods as often as possible. I know they are gagging but they need to learn this new skill.

Try cutting up tiny bits of cheese for them to pick up and eat.

They need to learn to chew and swallow this different food and for some baby's this can take a little while. So just keep offering lumpier foods at each meal (you may find it easier with foods such as pasta as opposed to meat which is difficult for some). Take it slowly and give lots of praise.

If this doesn't help then take them to see your HV/GP to make sure that they are able to swallow and that its just practice that they need.

Let me know how you get on

Jxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts