• Sunday, 19th at 1pm

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Saturday, 18th at 1pm

Votes: 6 85.7%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jayne -are we going ahead then ? only asking as I want to go to the gardening at NEC that week and wanted to book fairly soon -otherwise still keen to come

Sarah xx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sarah - that sounds like a good alternative!!! We all seem to be VERY keen gardeners!!! :)  Is that really really silly at this late stage?? Birmingham is so easy to get to - I went to Gardeners World a few years ago and the train takes you straight in!

Saturday seems to be it!

Jayne

·
Registered
914 Posts
hi jayne and sarah and girls
I am sorry i havent been around for a while, but i am very interested in a future meetup..i would love to have joined you on the june weekend (if you will have me) but i have something booked....I would love to meet you all and i hope that there will be a gathering sometime in the future. I hate the thought of missing out!!!!.

take care astridxxxx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Astrid, Juels and Sarah

It's such a shame - it would have been so nice to meet you. It is so difficult finding a time to suit everyone - hopefully we can do it again before the end of the summer.   

Juels  -please get the day off!!!!

Sarah - are you going to any other gardening show as I and I am sure  a few others could all get together to come along too!  Are you still coming on 18th ?  The Oxford Botanic Garden is well worth a visit while you are there!

Jayne
X

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Jayne

yes still want to come -just didnt want to book up Gardeners world on fri and Oxford on Sat !! (dont work on Fri -so tend to book things up then )

...looking forward to it !

Astrid -sorry you cant make this one -well just have to arrange another one !!! hope you are ok

sarah x ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Jayneanthea - I'm still on for lunch! (Did you get my message - something went 'wobbly' so I wasn't sure whether it was actually sent or not!)
Everyone else still ok for Oxford?

kendra

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Girls

Just a wee message to wish you all a very nice lunch on Saturday.  The weather forecast is fab so I hope the sun shines for you all.  Hope to meet up with you all myself one of these days.  Sadly Oxford was going to be a really long journey so have had to decline the invitation this time.

Hope to meet you all next time.....will be thinking of you on Saturday.

Lots of Love,

Eilidh
xx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello girls

Haven't posted much lately but I'm still on for it.  I've forgotten to buy orange ribbon though-oops!  Have you all got yours?

I've got some orange flowers in my garden and will wear one of them instead.  So do shout at me if you see a vacant looking person with dark curly hair and an orange flower peering around Brown's! Really looking forward to it.

It's a shame it's so far for you to come Eilidh.  I hope to meet you some other time-same goes for Astrid, Juels and the other girls who can't make it.

Hope you're all well
Love
Topsy

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just popping in to wish you a nice chatty time on Saturday.

Laine x

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks Laine & Eilidh - wish you could both join us!

Hello Topsy - pleased to know that I won't be the only vacant looking person with dark curly hair tomorrow (that's an excellent way to describe me!) - but I don't have any orange flowers (we dug up the Whisky Mac orange roses last year).

JayneAnthea and I are meeting up at the station so that we can travel together (we haven't met before so here's hoping we can identify each other before the train arrives!) and should arrive at Brown's just after midday.

See you soon!
Kendra

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just to let you know, Sarah and I are travelling down together on the train tomorrow - it arrives in Oxford station at 11:37.

If you're wondering who I am - having not posted before - I'm the friend who Sarah mentioned (on an earlier posting) as wanting to come with (hence the acronym S.A.F. - Sarah's Anonymous Friend !!!).

Looking forward to meeting you all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:) It was so good to meet you all - it is just amazing how easy it is to chat when we all know where we are coming from.

It has been a really good, positive and uplifting day!  We'll have a few more of those, please! ;D

Jayne
X

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes - it was really good to meet you all.

Thanks especially to those of you who instigated it and organised it - definitely worth the effort......definitely worth doing again ..........

By the way, "that" workshop Sarah & I talked (rather a lot, I guess!!) about ........... you can find the details about the next one in November on the attached link.

I really recommend this to you all.

If you're thinking about leaving it till "maybe another time" - it's worth noting that Meredith lives in France so these workshops don't come around that often .......................

Happy to answer any questions about "how it was for me ...." (to coin a phrase !!) ......

S.A.F.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,31644.0.html

·
Registered
914 Posts
hi girls
It sounds as if you had a really good time on saturday....i really wished that i could have joined you....I hope to meet you all on the next meet, and i hope its sometime very soon....
I love a good old chinwag.....
love astridxx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello all!!

As so many of us enjoy the pastime of gardening why don't we make it a garden or garden show next time? Always somewhere to eat and summer/autumn - ideal for a stroll around a nice garden??

Where will we all be coming from - that's a good start...?

Really good to meet everyone. Hopefully Astrid will be free and Jules next time too - need to find another good central spot!

S.A.F, great to meet you - it is so inspirational to see how far it is possible to get to grips with this. I have already asked for the registration form for Nov. It made all the difference to hear how it was for Sarah and you and more realistic (like I am!!!) to attend. Don't go 'up town' very often from the depths of Somerset ^idiot^- I'll leave the wellies behind though....

Talking of wellies - guess I will be wearing them at Glastonbury Festival this weekend haha !! It's only rain! ;D

Lots of love

Jayne
X

·
Registered
914 Posts
hi jayne and girlies
I am really interested in the next meet up...
Jayne i would like to go along to the workshop with Meredith?
Would you like a partner in crime to tagg along???? Have you got any details???
Are you going to Glastonbury? i am jeolous???
love astridxxx

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.