Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I learnt that I have a missed m/c at around 6 weeks. I was 7 weeks pg and very sad because I had seen the heartbeat the week before. I will have the operation on Saturday. When they made the transabdominal ultrasound scan, they discovered multiple intramural fiborids, the biggest 1,5 cm. I was concerned because I had had a laparoscopy in August to remove 4 extrauterinus big fibromas and I conceived two months after that. Nobody had alerted me about those other fibromas and after the m/c I am fretting about the possibility of them being the cause it. I will ask my dr on saturday before the operation, but I would be grateful for any answer or hint, including if it is necessary or possible to remove those fibromas (and undergone yet another surgery!! :mad:)
Many thanks and sorry for long message,

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Oh Alessandra, I am so sorry to hear about your miscarrige. The chances of the fibroids being the cause of it is I think low. Only fibroids that are encroaching on the uterine cavity would cause problems. What they can do for you on Saturday is do a double check that the uterine cavity is clear and nothing is encroaching ready for the future.
Best wishes and my thoughts will be with you.

Ruth

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ruth :-*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts