Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. Im worrying sick ive been reading and re-reading every article I can find on ET.

Now.. I have some issues and i hope one of you lovelies will put my mind at rest!!

Ok I go in for EC on thursday morning at 9am to be exact....

and they told me my ET would be Saturday in the morning..

Now ive been reading that the minimum time should be 72 hours after fertilization.. And it seems like to me (again) the clinic is closed on a asunday so they are bumping me to a saturday..

I dont want my chances lessened because of this.. Am i crazy? Should I stop reading?

*gulps her Pineapple juice* *throws another handful of brazil nuts in her mouth*

Im going nuts!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello Junnie

I went to Hammersmith where the norm was to do embryo transfer two days after egg collection. The best place possible for your embryos to be is inside you... and after two days the doctors will have a clear idea of the quality and staying power of your embryos and be in a position to pick the best to put back.

The best of luck for Thursday and beyond. It's very tough waiting I know: this will be a long week for you but hopefully it will all be worth it!

Biddy

·
Registered
632 Posts
Don't worry Junnie
I had a 3 day transfer for my first ICSI, and a 2 day transfer for my second ICSI and it was my 2 day transfer that has given me my BFP.
There isn't much difference between the 2 and 3 day transfer. They still pick the 2 best looking embies on the day to go back.
Best of luck
Love Karen

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

A day 2 transfer is a pretty standard transfer. ET can be done day 2 or 3....or leave to blastocyst so a bit longer ie normally day 5.

My first ET was day 2 transfer.....and I also had 2 FETs using day 2 embies.

Honestly, it's nothing to worry about & your getting yourself in a tizz for nothing ^hugme^

Have a search of this website & you'll see that lots of ladies have had day 2 transfers.......it's a standard procedure and there's little difference regards success between a day 2 and a day 3 transfer.

Here's a poll on Voting board and if you have a read through you'll see that lots of the ladies who had BFPs had day 2 transfer (day 2 embies are between 2-4 cells although some may have a couple more)

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=41267.0

Good luck
Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts