Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have some great fabric to make some super light weight sleeping bags for this hot weather. Before I start trying to figure out a pattern, does anyone actually have a proper sewing pattern for one?  I can't find one on-line.

xx Clare

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
You really are Supermum!

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Clare

I could make a pattern for them. I was thinking of making some myself. I could go into business on ebay for them slings and breastfeeding aprons. Actually thats not a bad idea.

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What on earth is a brest feeding apron? ???

I was wondering about slings; my Coorie is dead easy to copy, but I'd be very reluctant to sell them - imagine if a seam gave way...

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
A breast feeding apron is basically an apron with some boning in and no string so you can slip oit over your head.

As far as slings so I would only do the one piece ones that you wrap round you to wear baby

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brownowl23 said:
A breast feeding apron is basically an apron with some boning in and no string so you can slip oit over your head.
But what does it do?! I'm being really dense, but I just can't picture it!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Wow, thats a good idea to make some.  Its been so hot the last few nights in Kieran's room I haven't even been using his, he just had a vest on last night and PJ top the night before.  But I love mine (1 tog ones anyway), made a mistake of buying a 2.5tog which I don't think we will ever use as it is always too hot in his room.

Shazznewman

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Clare

A breast feeding apron goes over your head like a normal apron, has boning rounf the top, and it basically shields the baby and your boobs from prying or disapproving eyes. The boning holds the top of the apron away from your body so you can still look at the baby and check they are ok.

Chris

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
now brownowl I like that idea,  want to BF this baby more and that would help build my confidence doing it in public

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh I SEE!!!! ^idiot^

All I could picture was some sort of apron that enabled you to do the cooking while you breastfeed ^roflmao^

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Clare - what fabric are you using then, DD only has 2.5 tog ones, so Im gonna make one too but not sure what material to use...not using pattern, will just trace over her 2.5 tog one... :)

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
there are some very creative/industruse (sp) people here wish I knew how too do something like that guess should learn if want to be a SAHM

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Amee - just cotton, with a cotton lining, so it'll be in effect the same thickness as a doubled sheet. 

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
ClareMack said:
Oh I SEE!!!! ^idiot^

All I could picture was some sort of apron that enabled you to do the cooking while you breastfeed ^roflmao^
Always trying to multitask!! ;D

The BF apron things are really popular here - I see most mums using them. BF is generally very well accepted here in public. I used to use a muslin but L would do his magic trick by whipping it off at an awkward moment!

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
I can see I could really set up a business here. Specially with 1 tog bags and BF aprons

1 - 20 of 40 Posts