Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought that i would let you know how vitamins and change in diet/lifestyle has helpd my DH and allow us to achieve fertilisation.

After nearly 20+ years of trying to conceive we always knew that DH's sperm count was below average.

Back in Spetember, we started the Marilyn Glenville Fertility Plus plan for Men and women. These are tablets that you take daily and replenish any lossed vitamins that you may not be achieving through diet.
The tablets for the man are pretty large but taken individually are quite swallowable.

Today we received the news that are 5 eggs retrieved yesterday have fertilised and will be put back tomorrow.
Dh's sperm count had risen with the abnormal forms significantly reduced and motility nearly 80% better in just three months. We attibute this to the tablets and additional nutrients contained therein.

To ask someone to completely change their lifesyle is so difficult and to be honest a tablet a day is not such a hard thing but can make such a difference. I am convinced that this has been an enormous help to us in achieving a good fertilisation rate.

The company that sell these are:

The natural Health Practice
The Neville Estate
Danesgate
Erridge Green
Tunbridge wells
Kent

08705 32944

I hope this helps anyone who is currently struggling with MF. If it worked for us, then it could for you too.

Good luck!

Dawn x

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi Dawn, just to second your message I would like to add that my dh has been taking these tablets as well and following the MG guidelines (as have I). We have also seen a big improvement in his sa results. He has been taking them for a year now.

Jenny x

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Jenny

Thanks for your message.

When we put our bodies through so much other stuff, this is such a painless method, and from looking around and talking to others it does seem to make such a huge difference.

I was certainly glad we made this small investment in money and time.

Hope it helps all those other people out there who are struggling!

Love Dawn x

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi Dawn
Those vits sound like a good idea
Lois

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Lois

I cant be sure that it was definately the tablets that got us this far or just the ICSI procedure. What I do know is that the SC in september was significantly increased after taking the course of Marilyn Glenville vits. This of course gave the embryologest much better odds of finding the strongest sperm to inject.

I am a great believer in trying to do as much as possible to help ourselves in order to achieve that dream.

We will see next week if they have worked and achieved the BFP I so desparately want.

Good luck to you!

Dawn x

·
Registered
442 Posts
Dear Dawn
I recieved an info pack this morning re the vits....on the verge of placing an order.
During my 1st ICSI cycle I had a better fertilisation rate. We had been taking chinese medicine. This time we did not - so I'm wondering if that had anything to do with the poorer outcome. I am continuing with acupuncture though & I only need one to work - so fingers crossed.

Hope you get the bfp you truly deserve after all this waiting.

In the meantime, hope you're staying positive

Love Loisx

·
Registered
12 Posts
I took them there horse pills (Marilyn Glenville Vits) and by golly they done the trick.
from 20% Motility to well over 60%
count stayed under 50% but at least the little buggers started to swim.
Had ICSI and now we're 14 weeks pg

barney

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
;D Huge congrats to you both for your pregnancy.

All the best

Jenny

·
Registered
8 Posts
WILL ORDER SOME VITS NEXT WEEK AND HOPE THEY WILL WORK ,CAN ANY ONE TELL ME THE SUCESS RATE THE TABLETS GIVE
TA
PSLB
XXX

·
Registered
913 Posts
My DP and I are waiting for our funding to come through for ICSI. We have just started the Grenville vitamin pills. As well as the his 'n' hers vitamins we are taking 1000mg vitamin C and 1000mg flax oil. They are all rather large.

I am finding it difficult to quit tea - my only vice as I rarely touch alcohol, chocolate or other junk food. I am going to have to try decaff I suppose or fruit teas - just not the same as Tetley!

DP wont quit the alcohol totally ::) and buying organic is just too expensive as we eat loads of fruit and veg. Of course this might be a cheaper option than paying for ICSI if our NHS go is not successful.

It will be interesting to see if this has any effect on DPs sperm!

Love
Linda :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Linda,

Of course we can't be sure but after two sperm tests showing less than 1 million sperm, my DH went up to a count of 20 million and much improved motility. the only change he made was to smoke less and take vitamins.

Worth the time trouble and expense I reckon!

Good luck. I look forward to hearing how you got on.

Nicnack xx

P.S. I don't think a weak cup of Tetley can do much harm and think of the antioxidant properties!! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts