Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have severe endo and husband has low motility, i have him on the old chinese herbs, plenty of bananas, zinc and selenium ace, just wondered if anyone had any other suggestions??

Julia

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi again

Think your DP's taking most of what I'd suggest...Although my DP's ^sperm^ are good I decided that there was no harm in him keeping them that way so I too got him on a course of Chinese herbs (8 "bead" pills, 3 x a day !!) but he wasn't impressed with them so just did the one course...he does take zinc with extra vit C, selenium ace, multi vits + Flaxseed Oil...
...cutting down on the drinking & smoking (if he does) help too, wearing "loose" underwear (boxers !) & not having hot baths/showers, especially just before ^BMS^ - all these things can effect the "quality"...I mean, if the little swimmers are piste & sweating too much from the heat they're never gonna move that quickly but stagger all over the place in the wrong direction ;) ;D ^idiot^

Also, I notice you've started acupuncture...its sposed to be good for men too so perhaps he could try that with you ???

Good luck & take care
Natasha

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
hi
vit c is the one that will have the greatest effect on motility your DH should have at least 1000mg a day for you to see ant difference. Try acupuncture for your dh it is definately worth it it improved my dh's sperm quality quantity morphology caount and everything else and enabled us to get pg naturally

good luck

FEW

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Julia

My Dh had extremely poor motility, morphology and count basically anything moving was going in circles!!.  He went to a good homeopath and accupuncurist and took lots of vits and stopped alcohol. 
we have just done our 1st IVF cycle and his test was borderline normal, something worked.

Good luck

love lshack xx

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi have just read with interest your replies as my dh also has low motilty and morphology. One extra piece of advice is ask your dh to not carry mobile phone in trouser pocket as have read lots of articles recently about effects on sperm quality. Co Enzyme Q10 is also supposed to be good available from health shops. We found the Zita West book very helpful.
Good luck

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi

My partner has very low motility and high % abnormality.

First cycle of ICSI 2 goodish embies, but none to freeze and sadly m/c.

After this cycle he started taking Wellman tablets (avail. from Boots) which are good for male reproductive system.  Secnod cycle we had 2 grade A's put back (I'm now 24 weeks pregnant) and the other 3 embies - all top grades - have been frozen!!

Who knows whether the Wellman worked, but something good happened between our cycles and that was the only thing he changed.

Good luck.

Kim
x

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ladies
Thanks for all your replies, keep sending them in and i will keep printing them off, will show them to hubbie tonite!

At least you have managed to make me laugh!!!

Love
Juliaxx

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Kacey

I just wanted to say thank you for saying about the Wellman.

I read your post and went to buy DH some tonight. I just have to check everyday that he has taken the tablet  ;D

Love Kez xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.