Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi all,

At last I have started, had my first injection at the clinic yesterday and my DH did his first injection on me this morning, it was ok apart from I've now got a lovely purple bruise (my first war wound).

I think DH is abit worried about his next sample, as they said at the clinic that my ovaries and womb looked very good on the scan yesterday, he hasn't said much but I know he is concerned, but as I said I only want one  ^sperm^ and we know theres more than that. 

Good luck to all on the 2WW sending you lots of love and positive thoughts and look after yourselves.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

love Helen x

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Hi-ya!
Well I must say I like these part-time hours, especially with DH home on study leave ^hump^

Soooo many posts to catch up on, I should have taken notes while I was reading.

To Lolly, Vic, Nat, Sicknote, Debs and Flopsy take extra special care of yourselves girls - lots of love.

Mummymaybe - ??? an nasty bruise? If you don't mind me suggesting  ice it before injecting and shift the injection site around if you can (my clinic allow tummy and thighs, though I find the bit that sticks out the back over my hipster jeans best). That should stop most purple nasties!

Megan - Hello again! Sorry it didn't work out for you, fingers crossed for next time.

Fin - its bound to be playing on your mind, remember to take some time to relax. And well done on the weight loss!

Caroline - how's it going?  ??? Do you fancy the virtual hen night idea? I think its a fab idea and would certainly be up for it! I intend sitting nfront of the computer with my best hat on for the actual event - you'd best post pictures!

Tried to hassle the clinic about our next appointment today, but the bloomin' answer machine was on again and no-one phoned me back :mad: They're going to get another message tomorrow!!

I was looking through info for the new job when I spotted a familiar face staring out at me from a newsletter, another ff girl I met through the clinic. I know she hasn't let on at work so I'm hoping she'll keep quiet about me too - not sure how we will explain to people how we know each other....I'll think something up......

TTFN
Lizi

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Hi all, just checking in  flew out heathrow 6:20 just got back  :-\

Deb - hoping for the best embies!!

Mum2be - I''m sure he'll get better with practise

nite nite
Andy

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Nat, great fertilisation rate.  Hope all divide nicely for you overnight and that you have a lovely smooth transfer tomorrow.

Vic, congrats on your embies too.  I'm sorry to say that my bowling ball tummy didn't flatten out until test time and sometimes it gets worse before it gets better.  Just wear your comfiest trousers...

Deb, I remember how I felt on my last cycle when I found out after EC that they were struggling to find sperm... it was so hard to keep a brave face on...  but sounds like things have worked out.  Fingers crossed for you tomorrow!

Fin, impressive drop on the scales front.  It's hard to keep the motivation up but Novmber will soon be here and you'll need to be fighting fit!  Do you drink green tea?  It's supposed to help burn calories and it' s chocka with antioxidants...

Love and luck to everyone

·
Registered
361 Posts
All

The clinic called to say that 5 have fertilised out of the 11...

She said I will have transfer tomorrow (Day 2) and they will only be graded tomorrow?

Also if there any strong ones - how does freezing criteria work?

Is this usual - would appreciate any advice? Thanks Debs

·
Registered
440 Posts
Morning all,

Hope everyone is ok and special good luck wishes to Nat for today.

I received an email from Janey (Bobsey) this morning she is now 21 weeks pregnant and she has asked me to send you all her love.  

Lol

Fin

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sorry, Nat best of luck for today for et.... hope it goes well....

Lolly. Flopsy, Ju, Vik - how is 2 ww going?

Fin - thats great on the weight loss - well done!

Lots of love to everyone else... I could hardly sleep last night and when I did I was dreaming of my embies being baked!

Debs

·
Registered
440 Posts
Congrats Debs, good luck for tomorrow.

·
Registered
339 Posts
^hello^

It's great being off work cos I can catch up with my FF posts ! Lizi - wish I could join you on the part time hrs & I'd be on here all the time I reckon ;)

Claudine - I love that black & white pic of you & dh..at least I hope it's you two  ;D

Deb - great news on your fertilisation. Good luck for tomorrow. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the freezing criteria as we didn't have any embies suitable for it. I am sure the clinic will explain grading & everything tomorrow. ^goodluck^

Fin - you're doing really well on your diet. Good for you. Mine seems to consist of protein & water at the moment !

Lolly - how you doing today ? Getting closer every day...

Andy - how was the trip - you jet setter you,,how's your lovely wife doing ?

Caroline - hope the wedding plans are going well & dh is fully recovered. You must be sooo excited !

Mummymaybe - I had a few bruises but I think that was because I hit a vein. My sister (a nurse) gave me a tip to pull the needle out of your skin slightly before you inject. If the top of the syringe starts filling with blood you need to find another spot. Good luck..

Nat - I am sure you have your embies snug on board by now...come & keep me sane on the 2WW.

Talking of which 1 day down & 13 to go..dragging like mad already. I am starting to fill up my time a bit..my sister & bil are visiting with my nephew on Sunday & we are going out for lunch, then I have my birthday next week to look forward to..have to set myself some milestones to get through it all without losing my sanity  ^NahNah^

Hi to everyone I've missed

Love
Vic xx

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
^Exercise!1^ Just done 40 mins on our new skimachine and feel completely drained (not to mention sweaty!) ^banana^ But I'll just sit here and type while my 'deep conditioning treatment' works it's magic on my hair!

Vic - good to hear from you. As you can see its a struggle to keep myself away from here when DH isn't around!! (He's gone in to drop off exam scripts).

Fin - glad Bobbsey is doing well.

Andy - Mr Jetset again I see! Is DW grounding you around the estimated date of delivery? ??? I'm currently having arguments with DH over his travel intinerary, I don't think he should go off taking his malaria pills after all this work he's done bringing up the count when we could be weeks away from the next treatment. Not that I'm recommending he go and not take the tabs - hes already survived malaria once already, I'm not pushing his luck for a second time! Also I would be devistated if we missed a chance at treatment because he'd planned to be on the otherside of the world! Especially given that it could be months before AF appears on a sunday or Monday again. (Bloomin' stupid cetrotide cycles!!) :mad: :mad:

OK - rant over, but talking of the clinic I am Still waiting to hear back from them :mad: I'm glad I haven't paid them anything yet, or this answerphone business would drive me up the wall!!

OK scalp is beginning to itch and if DH gets back here and finds me still sweaty there will be he11 to pay - I'd best go shower!! Oh I love part-time work!!

Love to all

Lizi

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Lizi - my boss will be understanding around that time and we've just hired 2 new guys who should take the load off for me...  ;)
Should be be glad we can't smell your messages?  ???

Deb - the egg quality seems to be on cell division, fragmentation and shell quality.  With any cycles usually the best are put in and the rest can be evaluated for FET.  We had 15 embies destroyed because they weren't good enough  :-[
Though we were told that as we'd had so many eggs the quality was likely to be lower, hopefully as you have a more normal number everything should be ok.  :)

I will be in Marseille next week for 1 day  ;)

Regards
Andy

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi All,

Well I now have 2 embies safe and snug on board - hopefully here to stay! In addition to that we have 2 in the freezer. The embryologist was very complimentary about all 4 and said they were of excellent quality and the best they had seen this week -  ^dancing spot^ ^dancing spot^ ^dancing spot^

So now on the dreaded  ^2ww^ and Vic, will definately be joining you to trya nd keep us both sane. Am already giving orders to DH, who bless him is really looking after me, as I am sure all DH's have done.

Andy - Marseille - very nice even if for one day  ;D

Lizi - exercise - well done you. I've forgotten what that is.......

Vic - glad you are okay and have plans for the next week. I think I am going to be ringing some of my friends for some coffee mornings.

Deb - good news on the fertilisation front. Best of luck for tomorrow.  ^reiki^

Claudine - did you suffer with constipation - sorry if TMI but these pessaries appear to be playing havoc with my system. Any tips?

Fin - hows the diet going - hope you are doing well!

Lots of love to everyone as always and no doubt be on here lots more during the next week off work!

Nat x x x x  ^Heart^

·
Registered
391 Posts
Afternoon ICSI peeps

Lizi was thinking of you this week.  Steve Brown was refering to the sleep program your mate LRW and called him Groucho Marcs, gave me a real giggle.  How's the new job going, is it too early to say?  On the malaria front, my dh usually takes malarone a couple of times a year, meant to be much much less toxic to sperm.  Some GPs won't prescribe it though expect on a private presciption so it could cost approx £70.00.

Claudine, just noticed on your footing your FSH going up.  sorry think i missed that.  do you mind me asking to what level and if you are having to do something about it?

Fin, great news about Bobbsie

Glad I have Deb, Nat & Vic to keep company in 2ww.  Hope you are doing ok girls hopefully we will catch up in the chat room.  Im on day 10 post EC today.  Feeling brighter in myself but getting stabbing pains, clinic said it's fine, just keep drinking.  Have done a test, negative of course.  I'm hoping it's too early and feel ok about it.  Can be sure if I do get a pos when I sneak another one in on Sunday then it's a true one.  DH home for the weekend.  I know its a pressure but I asked him last weekend if we would have one more final cycle, feel like I need to know asap so I can get my head around things.  Had another chat early afternoon, he's still a bit shaky I guess so will have to wait and see.  I know it probably sounds daft as we don't know about this one but I hate the limbo feeling and not knowing whether this is the end of the line or not. 

Anyway TFI Friday!  Happy weekend folks, big hi to everyone I've not mentioned

Lolly X

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Peeps,

Have to make it a quick one as I have got to dash to a meeting but wanted to wish everyone a wonderful weekend ahead (especially those on 2ww).

Sun is shining outside the office in South Wales so lets hope it stays throughout the weekend.

Lol

Fin

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Hi everyone,

Only time for a quickie but well done Nat and everyone else on the 2ww, will be keeping fingers crossed for you all.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

DD has been ill since Tues (laryngitis) so I am all over the place:  DF has been rearranging things to work from home so I can whizz off to school and teach but I did have to miss a few lessons.  I am very behind on everyone's progress and not feeling organised for the wedding either!  I love your ideas for a virtual hen night!!!

Take care everyone, have a great weekend and hope to catch up properly soon
love Caroline xxx

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi everyone

Hope all the 2ww'ers are managing to relax and avoid insanity!!  This site was my absolute saviour whilst 2ww'ing and many hours well spent in chatroom!!  THink hubby thought i had become glued to the computer.  Try not to worry about symptoms or lack of them, although i know this is a silly thing to say as of course we are all going to worry about absolutely everything  ;).  Just to let you all know that i had no symptoms at all, apart from those caused by the evil cyclogest  :mad: :mad: :mad:  Just keep those embies snug and importantly make sure that all the hubby's are pampering you lots  ;)

Nat-  Well done on those lovely embies!!  Very nice having lovely compliments about them  ^afro^ ^afro^ ^afro^

Caroline-  Good luck with those wedding plans, i am sure everything will just come together and you are probably more organised than you think.  Have fun with the plans.

Good luck to all those still going through treatment and txf  ^reiki^ ^reiki^  and love to everyone in between and waiting.

We had another scan on Wednesday, which was really lovely.  I was really anxious before hand and must have stopped breathing when she started to scan  :eek: :eek:  I gasped for breath and relief when we saw bubs kicking and wriggling about, I must have seemed really strange to the sonographer  ;D ;D.  Going to try and relax a little bit more now, but hey, we all know how hard it is not to worry  ;) ;)

Have a good weekend everyone
Love
Kel
xxx  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi
Just a quickie to send positive thoughts/vibes to lolly, deb, vic, nat and ju. 
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Fin-keep eating that salad, even with dieting you are an inspiration, i've lost 1lb in 4 weeks, admittedly not trying very hard!!

Caroline hope DD gets better soon, but it must be quiet at the mo!!

Kelly and Andy-great that the bubs are doing well

Lizi- nothing worse than waiting for people to get back to you!

No news for us yet about DH's SCan but have chased up secretary so hopefully something in post next week.
Major breakthrough for me today, a friend sent an email of her 20 week scan, and I didn't cry or get upset, I actually felt happy for her!! (sorry if this makes me sound like a wierdo). Seeing her and another friend(three kids under 5yrs!!) tomorrow- girly weekend in London- so I have hopes of a positive weekend instead of feeling blue.

hope you all have fab weekend
Much Love
Selina xx

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Good Morning All,

Selina - fingers crossed you'll get DH's results very soon. Here's to you positive weekend with your friends....

Kelly - glad bubs is doing strong. Excellent news!

Caroline - hope DD is feeling a little better now.  :)

Lolly - not long to go now! Thanks for your advice on the lemon and hot water. Am looking forward to this as I am in lots of pain  :mad:

Vic - hope you are okay and not driving yourself insane, which I'm doing at the moment.

Hope everyone else is okay and have nice weekends planned.

Nat x x   ^Heart^

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hello all

Emma - enjoy the shops. I headed into town this morning, thought it wise being as it will be full of rugby fans this afternoon. I wish I could say that a bit of retail therapy took my mind of 2ww but it didn't !
I love the feather boa idea for Caroline's hen night !

Kelly - great news of the scan. Hope you're feeling a bit more relaxed now (probably not eh ?)

Selina - the pregnancy news of friends isn't easy is it ? Good on you for being positive.

Caroline - sorry to hear dd is not well..time of year I guess for nasty germs.

Fin - the S. Wales sunshine didn't seem to last - been miserable here in Cardiff today.

Lolly - sorry I missed chat yesterday..dh refused to give up the computer !

Nat - glad to hear things are moving  ;D

I'm doing good today. First time since ec & et that I haven't had stomach pain & didn't need dh to help me out of bed this morning ! Poor ovaries must have been battered & bruised. This 2ww is a nightmare though isn't it ?!

Right - rugby is starting - see ya laterz

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.