Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband has a count of 38mil with 30% rapid prog, 30% slow, 20% non progression and 20% immobile.

Morphology is 10% NHS doc described him as "fine" but now i'm not so sure.

I've done some research and it seems the numbers are on the low side of normal - with the morphology of 10% being below the lever preferred of 15%.

What numbers constitute 'average' and what numbers would constitute 'good' or excellent quality?

thanks

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi Megan,

When my dh had his semen analysis i found it all so confusing, but found a few websites which were alot of help. Here is a link to a site which you may find useful.

http://www.malefertility.co.uk/semen.html

L xx

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Megan,

I only know that the W.H.O. deems anything over 20mil as normal. Sorry but I don't know about the other areas. My dh has a sperm count of <1mil but have not been told any more specifics other than that. We have now been referred to an urologist, as this is well below the recommended amount.

Not an expert but 38mil sounds fairly normal in terms of volume but as I said not sure about the other areas. Sorry I can't be any more help. I would go back to your doctor for further clarification is you are unhappy with the prognosis.

F x

·
Registered
9 Posts
hope this helps.Me and my boyfriend have been trying for 2 yrs for my 2nd baby his 1st.Ive been told that i have pcos and he has a very low sperm count.According to the doctors we see a man should have 35 million sperm.My boyfriend has done 2 tests so far with having to do a 3rd soon.The 1st test he done came back saying that he didny have any sperm.The 2nd test came back saying that he has 2 million but they were slow moving.So now he is going to do a 3rd to see if they have stayed at 2 million,gone back down to none or improved.i hope that this was of any good to you. Please mail me if you have any q's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts