Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My Dh is going into hospital for his sperm retreival  on the 16th of this month any advice on preparation,  diet,  additional supplements???????????? etc etc

Any help would be really appreciated.

Love Emma x :-*

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
hi there, as sperm have take approx 3 months to develop and mature then it takes 3 months for vits etc to have an effect.  I think they say that no ejeculation for the 2 days before will ensure a bit of a 'build up' if you know what i mean.

I'm sure vitamins etc have a positive effect (we used the zita west ones for men) but you'll have to take them consistently for at least 3 months.  good luck!

Megan (35 weeks pg. icsi)

·
Registered
6,080 Posts
Hi Memma  ^wave^,

Just been reading your post.

My DP goes in for his sperm retrieval (MESA) on the 18th of this month too.  We're feeling pretty anxious about the whole thing!! 

Where is your DH having his treatment?

Luv Sarah xx

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi

My DH had a PESA on July 7th at the ARGC, we had not done any preparation, other than a healthy (ish) diet, but no vits. The procedure was carried out under sedation, but my DH was in no pain, and to be honest he would only have needed the actual day of the procedure off, but he was on holiday from work so also took it easy the day after the op, but otherwise he was fine.

What I would suggest you finding out is how many vials do they get, how good was the sperm, and does your clinic do a trial thaw! to see if the sperm survive the freeezing and thawing, this is of course if you are freezing it. Good luck to you all with your treatment, hope it's succesful.

Janna X

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou all for your advice.

Dh is having a local anesetic and the consultant said we will be in for an hour tops,  also advised he takes a couple of Panadol's 1hr 30 mins before hand.

We are being treated at the James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough, have above national average success rates,  I must admit we are also feeling anxious but the staff have been great so far.

Megan how many goes of icsi did you go through before you got a positive result? x

Sarah Good Luck on the 18th x

Janna thankyou for the questions I never know what to ask x

Will Keep you all Posted x
Love Emma
:-*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.