Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruth

We have had two SAs and we have 0% morphology, limited motility, volume is fine but very small heads that are badly stained. I want to be prepared with some questions for our appt in a couple of weeks. I know the heads are a problem but how much of a problem?
Your thoughts (and others) would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tibevora

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Hi
Hope you don't mind me posting a response to your message? I wondered how many sperm tests your partner has done?
Eva

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI Eva

All advice welcome, we have had two sperms tests which both said 0 morphology and 10 and 32% motility. Both tests mentioned small heads which my dh is mortified about!!
Tibevora

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Has your DP been seen by a urologist? The reason i asked is that my DP had two initial sperm tests done at a local NHS hospital and both came back with 0% morphology like yours. Then the next one we did was 10% and then the final one (a good three months later) showed a completely normal sample. I certainly think a trip to a urologist might help. Also my DP made changes to his life - no more baths - jacuzzi's (he had lots of those) - slept with no boxers on - took vits. I think that my DP sperm may have had some kind of trauma as they went from such a bad state to a good state withing the three months - which is the time it takes for sperm to regernate. Did your partner abstain for the right amount of time before giving the sample?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eva

Dh took the tests three months apart, is very fit, never baths or jaquizis(sp), was on vits and wears boxers! He did have mumps when he was seven. We were referred to a fertility clinic first who may in turn refer us to a urologist. We have an appt on Saturday so should not have long to wait for some answers.
Thanks for your reply
Tibevora

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.