Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We've been ttc for three years and as DH already has DD we assumed, as did every medical person we have seen, that the problem lay with me!
We are waiting for referral at the mo and as you can imagine I am trawling the internet looking for advice(thank god for this site!)
Found out about varicoceles..........and got hit by the realisation that DH was seen privately for this exact thing three years ago as we were worried it may been cancer
No one mentioned it could affect his fertility, and consequent GP's and surgeons have investigated me till they're blue in the face yet have found nothing,and when DH sperm came back on three seperate occassions as poor motility etc etc we were told ICSI was the only way to go!!
Now what?
Do I go to my GP? back to the hospital who are referring me? go private for an immediate op on DH?
Totally confused and more than a little angry!
Is there some nice person out there who may be able to help shed a little light on what I should do next?
Sorry to go on and on but this site is the only place Im able to have a rant!!!!
Thanks
Yonny xx

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Yonny,

My husband and I have been in a similar situation so thought I should reply to you.

Five years ago my husband went for a scan as he had pains in his testicle and a small lump.  At the scan he was told he had enlarged veins and this is what causes the pain - likewise we were not told that this could effect fertility or that it was varicocele. 

After searching on the internet I found out about varicocele and all the symptoms sounded the same as my husbands. 

At our last fertility appointment I mentioned this to our Doctor (in the meantime his S/A came back bad with very low morphology).  Our Doctor booked him in for a scan which he had two weeks ago, when it was confirmed that he did have bad varicocele.  We were so annoyed as this should have been diagnosed five years ago. 

He is going in to hospital on the 25 August to have an op on it (which he is having done privately).  Our Fertility Doctor told us that having the operation is not guaranteed to help with fertility, but it can do no harm so we have nothing to lose, and at the very least it will stop the pain. 

Hope this is of some help to you.

Good luck

Kelly

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi kelly,
and thanks ever so for replying!
It really helps to know others are going through the same things!
Today Im going to phone the GP, the surgeon who's referring us AND a private clinic to see whats to be done!
I'll keep you posted!
Good luck to your hubby for the op and to both of you in the hope that it results in a BFP!!
Bye for now
Yonny x :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Me again!

I know what you mean, it does help to know others have the same problems TTC, it makes me feel so not alone.

Good luck today with your phonecalls, keep me posted as to how you get on.

Kelly x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.