Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

DP is off for his SSR soon (he has a active vasectomy that we have not had reversed) anywho we have today had a letter from our clinic (copied to our docs) With his & mine FSH results.

Does anyone on here know whether the male results are the higher the better or the lower the better?

His results are: FSH - 1.77, LH 2.06 & Testosterone 15.2 nmol/l. It also states his Inhibin & AMH aswel

Now the clinic says these are 'fine' but how fine? You ask that question and they just say "they are fine don't worry" Which just makes you worried even more! We decided against the vasectomy reversal as he had it done nearly 10 years ago & the chances of it working were very slim & we didn't want to cause any 'damage' by having it done which is why are are off for SSR with ICSI.

I know plenty of couples have had great results at TESA/PESA's but any reassurance about results would be great  :)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
The normal ranges I have found on my DH's last tests are as follows.......

FSH = (Range 1.0-10.0)
Testosterone = (Range 9.4-37.0)

So judging by your DH's results I would say they are perfect. It is always better to have low FSH as a high result indicates testicular failure.

Good luck
Lou x

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LouLou - Thank You feel a little better now!

x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts