Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my husband and I have never really asked the reason for my husbands infertility He had a testicle removed 12yrs ago.Sperm was ex hard to find in his samples for icsi but we have managed twice to fertilize 9 eggs.The thing is he has been to see a urologist and he said the gland in the brain has shown normal bloods.His testosterone level is9.1 and slightly low.What is normal? He starts HRT injections today for 6MTS once a month.Does anybody know if this might improve his sperm production.She also sent for chromosome tests which apparently take 6maths.Just to see if there is a faulty chromo.Any help would ease our over excited minds.

Tracey ;D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not sure that I can help with your questions.  I would recommend writing the questions down and contacting the clinic either by phone or letter or email and you will hopefully get some answers.
good luck x

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi  Altan

Ive posted a bit in the diagnosis section about Pituitary problems.  It doesnt sound like your dh s difficulties are exactly the same as mine so im reluctant to comment too much.  The only thing that i am sure of is that if the HRT is testosterone then it will not improve his fertility but it will make him feel like a new man.  The link that ive suggested includes quite a lot on hormones and how they work.  Try not to worry too much and if you need to talk please feel free.

:)
Cloudy

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Tracey,

Hope I can be of help.

With reference to the brain the Urologist would have tested your DH FSH levels.  These are the hormones that are released from the brain to tell the testicles to produce more sperm.  The higher the FSH level the harder the brain is working to tell the testicles to produce sperm meaning that there is a high chance that there is little if any sperm present within the testicles.  With your DH having normal FSH levels this highlights that his FSH will be under 10 and that the brain is not having to work in overdrive.

As for the testosterone check with the Urologist as to if your DH is having replacement testosterone as this in effect will mean that your DH will stop producing testosterone on his own and will be on these injections always.  The best for of treatment will be that of injections to promote his body to produce more testosterone.

And yes increasing the testosterone can improve sperm production.

Hope this helps.

Lol

Fin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.