Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

741 - 760 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks for that Tanisha - thats what I'm going to push for!

Weff - your back on it I see! Good luck and here's hoping you are 3rd time lucky!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Good luck weff xx

·
Registered
406 Posts
weffwild said:
We started our new cycle yesterday! AF arrived (actually slightly earlier for once) and started 75iu monopur today for alternate days and in for a scan next Thursday! I'm hoping we're 3rd time lucky. Feel emotional already!
It must be 3rd time lucky Weff - it was for us! I have everything crossed! xx

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #744 ·
Hi Beetle

Welcome 😊

I'm presuming you are in the northwest? What ccg are you under? You shouldn't have to wait that long you should be able to transfer to a private clinic I can tell you how to I did it myself 

Everyone... I see there's loads of news to catch up will have a good read later

L xx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone! I am new to FF and haven't quite figured my way around the site. I was hoping for some advice on how to find an egg donor. Myself and my partner have applied for Nhs funding but the wait for a donor is about 4 years so we may be looking to switch to another clinic if we can't find a donor ourselves. A lot of people have recommended this site and I hope we can find our donor Angel! :) x

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi Beetlebaby - I can't help you with Egg donation I'm afraid I don't know much about it. I would give CARE a ring and ask to speak to one of the donation team. I was able to transfer my NHS funding to CARE, so you might be able to do that?

Hysteroscopy for me today at St Marys and then back at CARE tomorrow, hopefully with a nice clean uterus and a glowing report telling me to get on with the next cycle!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Good luck Mrs È x

·
Registered
478 Posts
thanks ladies, didn't go quite as planned. I have a polyp that fills the uterine cavity and he couldn't get all of it out.

To cut a long story short I have been scheduled as an NHS patient on his list for Thursday to get out via General Anaesthetic.

Hysteroscopy itself was long and uncomfortable - but afterwards was worse as I went into a sort of shock, shaking and feeling sick. Husband said I went grey! Spent most of the afternoon in St Marys, caused all sorts of problems with a delay to the rest of the clinic and the staff needed to go home - but they were all lovely! I think the doctor thought he'd do me as a private patient at lunchtime! Didn't get home till gone 5!

He did say that I would never have got pregnant with a polyp that size with any sort of treatment. So at least we know. Am off to CARE today for a review appointment - I think they will have the photos from yesterday emailed through. I am a bit concerned that they I went through a cycle without it being spotted, well at least the size of it anyway. If we had taken their advice and done IVF weeks ago - it wouldn't have worked and we'd be left having to pay for hysterocopy and more treatment cycles!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lilly83 said:
Hi Beetle

Welcome 😊

I'm presuming you are in the northwest? What ccg are you under? You shouldn't have to wait that long you should be able to transfer to a private clinic I can tell you how to I did it myself

Everyone... I see there's loads of news to catch up will have a good read later

L xx
Hi L
Sorry still struggling to work the site so I'm not sure if/where I have posted. We are in the north west under south Cheshire ccg. We are under Liverpool women's at the moment. Were they ok with you transferring clinics? X

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you Mrs E! I'm hoping to transfer if we can. Sorry to hear about your ordeal at St Marys. It is a wonder that they didn't realise the extent of it before. X

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hello everyone!

I'm back and finally comnenced treatment on Monday for my FET am very nervous  ;D

At clinic on 22bd for my first lining scan. Hoping that everything works out this time and that I may crack the lining problem  ::)

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Everything crossed for you nutty nat xx

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #753 ·
Beetle

Best thing to do is call your CCG today and ask to speak to someone who deals with assisted conception funding, ask them which clinics they have contracts with, it's likely a mix of private/NHS, you can only go to one they have a contract with but you should have a few choices. Ask them to send you a copy of the assisted conception funding criteria as its always useful to have especially if you have to challenge anything, you then get your GP to submit a transfer of funding request to the CCG 'effective use of resources dept' it helps to have a supporting letter for LWH stating you need donor gametes and it's something they can't easily provide so you wish to cycle at an alternative clinic who had a ready bank of donors

They then acknowledged he request and then write with a decision, then if it's accepted your GP refers you to the new clinic

Lauren xx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Aw Mrs E, you've had a hell of a time. At least they've now found it and doing something about it and you know why it hasn't worked previously before going to IVF.

We (or should say I as DH is working away AGAIN!) am going to care today for scan following alternative days of menopur. First monitoring scan, hoping I've not hyper stimulated!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
How did you get on Mrs È

·
Registered
114 Posts
So we have two follicles of a good size and growing. Due to go back on Saturday to monitor and go from there!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Oh good luck Weffwild? How you feeling? X

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you Lauren for your advice. Much appreciated!
I will contact the ccg and ask them for the criteria. We would like to transfer to CARE Manchester who I believe accept NHS funding so fingers crossed.
Im not sure what you meant by effective use of resources... Is that the department of the basis on which the GP should request?
I will ask LWH for supporting letter although funding has not yet been accepted. Xx

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #759 ·
You might find that they just let you choose without having to transfer then if nothing's been sorted at LWH yet, Care do accept NHS patients yes but only if your CCG has them as a named clinic. The effective use of resources dept is who would deal with your funding request if you applied to change xx

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi ladies

Polyp removed under general anaesthetic yesterday - all good but am feeling a bit sorry for myself following this weeks ordeals! Went to care on Tuesday where Dr joy told me I looked washed out....erm thanks! But a decision has been made to go for IVF plus ICSI due to BILs sample. Feel relieved decision has been taken!

I am going to wait for one cycle before starting again as AF is due on Sunday and I don't think I am up for it yet, after my week! Also care need to do paperwork and protocol etc.

Dr joy was v nice and firm....I need that, usually so articulate then in consulting room can't get my words out! She says that we have a good chance and my levels are excellent and it will happen for us - might not be first time but it will work!

Weff and nutty - good luck you guys! More later when I feel a bit more human!

741 - 760 of 893 Posts