Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have had 1 failed ivf treatment in January 2015 on nhs. Following failed treatment my Gp sent an application to CCG for 2 Ivf funding and this was rejected. I phoned CCG an they said they only offer 1 treatment in Manchester although NICE recommends 3 cycles.  I want to appeal but I am not sure how to support my application. Please help me if you have been in similar situation.
Many thanks

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Hello

I'm sorry to hear about your cycle failing, if im honest apart from someone who had zero fertilisation I haven't heard of anyone challenging it as they dont have to stick the nice guidelines, I know a lot have tried, there's no harm in trying yourself though, I had to put in a request to my CCG when I had to change to donor eggs, they rejected my personal appeal though and said they didn't accept them from patients only GPs.

I know some ladies who are only renting move to get more cycles but I know that isn't always practical

Good luck!

L

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lilly for your response. Saw my Gp today and she wasn't sure what to put in the appeal, but she will to one.
I think I will have start looking private.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts