Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ladies I have just found this board - Brilliant

I am starting clomid and follicle tracking this month after trying for 4 years for our second child.

The consultant has suggested 3 months and then moving onto IVF. Has anyone had treatment at MF? I don't know to even pick between the clinics. I have ended up at Manchester fertility for the clomid and follicle tracking due to a recommendation.

Thanks x

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi lillypie8, I'm at MF. We've had 3 rounds of donor sperm IUI (unsuccessful) and are currently undergoing IVF, my partner is growing the eggs and the embryos will be going into me. I really like the team at MFS, all the staff are lovely, and the nurses have all been very helpful, more than happy to talk to me on the phone if I have any worries. Everything feels very personal.

Wishing you the best of luck.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hi Lillypie8, we're at MF too. We've done 3 rounds of natural iui which were all unsuccessful. I've just had a laparoscopy and biopsy done to make sure everything was ok and now we're back to start the iui's again. We'll be doing up to another 3 but hopefully it'll be just the one, this is a super expensive hobby  :eek:.
We both really like MF, everyone's really friendly and we've never had a problem with the millions of questions we've rang up with or emailed. We did look at Care but more or less discounted them straight when the woman I spoke too said she'd never heard  anyone doing iui with donor sperm! Really? I find that outrageously unbelievable! I don't think we even spoke to them again.
Anyway best of luck wherever you decide to go  ^hugme^  X

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ladies

I didn't really get on with care, as they never returned my call so that's how I ended up at MF. I just worry that I dint really research the clinics although I do think MF are lovely and I think the nurses are fab.

Lovely to get positive replies ladies  ^hugme^ xxx

·
Registered
147 Posts
Im currently having my 1st attempt at MF using icsi EC day tomoz and am nervous as hell !!! all staff at MF are lovely

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Geegg13, best of luck for tomorrow. Will keep everything crossed for you  ^hugme^ X

·
Registered
147 Posts
thank you 25 eggs recovered 14 have fertilised waiting for phone call on sat ?? transfer

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Geegg13, that sounds a lovely amount? Fingers crossed one of them sticks  ^pray^ Xx

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi ladies I love mf they have been fab with us and very accommodating due to our work commitments, just wish we had found our initial consultant Mr Payne a long time ago. Him and the whole team are so friendly and don't make me feel bad for asking silly questions and are really easy to get hold of.
Good luck with your journeys and for more reassurance you can see in my signature we are 7w4d today with our scan next Wednesday 18th at 12pm.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Geordiebunny, congratulations  ^hugme^ Best of luck with your scan next week xx

·
Registered
147 Posts
thank you Andlou and how wonderful for you geordiebunny hope you feeling well xx

·
Registered
213 Posts
Geegg13 I think you're on the same cycle buddies thread as me. Our egg collection is Monday, from the scans I don't think we'll get anywhere near that amount, but hoping for a couple of good ones.

Congrats geordiebunny!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Coldilox, ^pray^ am keeping everything crossed for you's tomorrow. Best of luck ^hugme^ Xx

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Ladies

I had treatment at MFS last year in May. Currently 32 weeks pregnant with a little girl. Can't fault the staff there x

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi ladies,
We're also at MFS and have been very happy with everyone there. I sent the same initial email to both MFS and Care, and had much friendlier and more helpful responses from MFS. A good friend had ivf at Care and said they were great, but my instinct said to go with MFS :)
Best wishes and good luck to all  ^fairydust^
Xxxx

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Ladies,

I am with MFS now after being treated terribly at St Marys. Hopefully should be starting the month. Id be keen to know if anyone had a low AMH and also there views on this.

My AMH was at 0.7 I have been on DHEA for 3 months now and I had my blood test results back Thursday and its now 7.5!! Still quite low but SO much better than it was!!
It would be great if it went up some more. My AFC was 5 and 6 so 11 in total. FSH is great.

Im taking 75mg of DHEA, pregnacare conception, Vit B compled and omega 3 cod liver oil.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated so much. Good luck to all you wonderful ladies.xxxxx

·
Registered
213 Posts
Katie, I'm currently 7 weeks after treatment at MFS. My AMH was 7.2, but my follicle count was good and the consultant said he thought I would respond well. In the end we opted to use my partner's eggs, which had its own issues due to a large ovarian cyst on one side. We got 7 eggs, 6 of which fertilised. It may be that you don't get the huge numbers that you read about on here, but its quality not quantity. Trust the staff at MFS, they do know what they are doing, and they will absolutely do what is best for your individual circumstance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, I have just turned 41 & will need IVF if any chance of conceiving. Will have to pay (due to age). Starting to research options - NW & abroad. Am looking at Manchester Fertility & CARE Manchester. Can any of you give me a ball park figure of what you paid per cycle? Appreciate that cost varies dependent on treatment IVF/IVF+ICSI, but would be interested to know of your experiences. Have seen the fee schedules on the relevant websites - but its so confusing! For example - with normal sperm, do they recommend ICSI? Will obviously speak to relevant clinics directly but would appreciate your input. 
Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Coldilox,

firstly congratulations on your BFP!! I am over the moon for you. What was yoour partners AMH and AFC??xxxx

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Katie, my AMH was measured at 7.3 about a year ago, and I got a BFP over Christmas (DIUI). Don't know what my FSH was/is, and I never had a follicle count done (they were going to do that if we moved onto ivf). I was assured my low AMH wouldn't be a problem for natural cycles, and was simply an indication of the level of drugs required if we moved onto ivf, but they didn't seem to view it as a major issue, just that we might not get loads of eggs. But like Coldilox says, it's the quality that counts. I hope that helps x

Coldilox, great news!! Congratulations!! Really happy for you both 😃 wishing you a happy and healthy 8 months XX

carom, we didn't have ivf/icsi so I can't really say how much it will all cost, but I believe the level of drugs required also affects the cost. We were quoted approx 5k for one go at icsi using donor sperm. I think icsi tends to be used where there are sperm issues (low count/motility etc), and ivf with normal sperm. However, as we were using donor sperm, which had been frozen, we were told we'd have to use icsi, although the reason wasn't explained. Good luck making your decision. I did find MFS were always quick to reply to my many email questions! x

1 - 20 of 111 Posts