Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^

Just wondered how many of you ladies on here are from manchester?

X

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi Carly

I'm from sale in south Manchester. Currently at care Manchester. Starting second icsi on two weeks. First was a bfp but miscarried on new years eve - worst day of my life. X

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Carly and NicL,

I am also being treated at Care, and live in Altrincham.  So sorry to hear your story Carly, and wishing you all the best for your next treatment very soon.  We are having a bit of a forced break with our treatment at the moment, as have had 2 failed cycles, one fresh, one frozen, and our consultant wanted me to have my fibroid looked at again, as to decide whether it's impacting on implantation, as we have 3 frozen embryos.  So the long and the short of it is that I'm having it removed on Tuesday, so feeling quite nervous, don't know why really, as this will be my 4th GA, but just don't like them at all.  Just hope this will help us.

Enjoy the bank holiday  :)
x

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hello, I'm living in Stockport so not far from Manchester.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
I'm a Manchester girl

Mossley in Tameside to be exact

Lilly x

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in irlam so not too far from altrincham and sale xx

·
Registered
219 Posts
Lilly did you have your lap at Tameside? I had all my treatment there under Dr Andrew Watson.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Hi MrsPG

No mine was at St Marys, Dr Edi Osagie. He is doing my next one too.

Had to pay for a private consultation as couldn't get anywhere with my GP. So paid £250 to see Dr Osagie for his opinion

Lilly x

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ah ok.

You know one thing that talk we went to did show me was that I was very lucky with my gp and consultant. As soon as I got up the nerve to go see him about endo pain he referred me straight away. I know lots of ladies are not as fortunate.

X

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey ladies,

Another manc here  ;D

I live in Stockport these days but I used to live up near you Lilly, in Uppermill.

I had my 1st cycle at St Mary's and 2nd and FET at MFS.

Good luck with the op tomorrow Vadergarth, sending you  ^reiki^

H xx

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hello, I'm another one, I live on the north side in Prestwich. Being treated at MFS, currently on 2ww after IUI.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi ladies, it seems there are quite a few of us in the area, which is comforting. Well the op to remove my fibroid went well, although I had been told it was going to be done via hysteroscopy, but was a laparoscopy in the end, so lots more pain and longer recovery.  Had a bit of a nightmare as one of my wounds was leaking lots of the fluid they put in not long after they discharged me, so had to go back in and they kept me in overnight just to reassure us really.  So glad it's over, and our consultant showed us photos of my fibroid, and my uterus before and after which was a little strange, but showed just how big it was and the lack of blood flow.

How are you all doing today? Good luck with the 2ww coldilocks, know how hard that is.

Xxxxxx

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hey ladies
Im from fallowfield and currently at MFS
Had a failed cycle a few years ago at St Marys and started at MFS in February, but had to stop treatment due to OHSS so have 3 blasts frozen and hoping to do transfer in July after our holiday in a few weeks.
Still trying to conceive naturally in the mean time................and my fertility bracelet actually fell off yesterday, woooooo!!!!! (hoping thats a good sign, ha!)

Good luck to all the fellow Mancs!

·
Registered
482 Posts
vadergarth - ouch! Sounds horrible. Hope you are not in to much pain now and recover quickly. Whats next for you then? How long til you can start treatment? Sorry if you've mentioned it before but head like a sieve!

coldilocks - everything crossed - hope its a happy result for you. x

Wow so the sun is actually shining in Manchester then?! I am originally from the south-east (been in mancland for 7 years now) and must admit the lack of sunlight is noticable!! Hope everyone is managing to get out and enjoy it a little anyway.

xx

·
Registered
94 Posts
Am on the road to recovery thanks, still very sore, but at least am out of bed, if very slowly!  Am not going to back to work on Monday (I am a teacher), so feeling guilty already about that, but not fit at all yet.  I have an appointment with our consultant in a couple of weeks time, then will know more.  I presume we will have to wait a while before we can start again, then will be back at care crossing our fingers with our frozen embryos. ^reiki^

Seem to have missed all of this nice weather, but hope you all had a nice day in the sun.x

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Hello im a fellow mancunian from north manchester higher blackley staring ivf in july I also attend care Manchester this will be my 2nd cycle, first one was back in 05 unfortunately was a bfn xx

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hi all,

Another one here. We're up near rochdale and are using MFS. Should be having our second go at IUI within the next 2 weeks.

Coldilox, good luck, only a few days now  ^pray^.

AndLou

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Hello andlou your not far away its nice to see some local people xx

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all ok. I'm nearing ovulation on my second round of clomid. Keeping everything crossed xx

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Oh carly everything crossed here for you xx gd luck xxx

1 - 20 of 25 Posts