Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new thread for all you ladies having treatment in March/April 2020

Please read the FAQ here: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=209838.0

^goodluck^

Happy Chatting ^gossip^

^fairydust^

[csv=]
Name , Treatment , Stimming , EC , ET , Test Date , Outcome

[/csv]

^hugme^ Honorary Members ^hugme^

If you want to be added please let me know :)

Sharry xx

^fairydust^

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to start my next IVF cycle in March after I've done some out of date blood tests with my clinic.  I have had a rocky ride trying for number 2, but hoping that this last IVF attempt is successful.  Looking forward to chatting to everyone joining the March / April thread! :)

Shootingstar xx

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey Shootingstar hope you are well. Lovely to see you back here.

We are starting right at the end of Feb. Meds picked up and on the countdown.

How are you doing?

xx

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hey lmcmillan28829, it's lovely to see you here too!  I have taken a huge break from FF since the MC last year but ready to get going again for the last attempt.  I'm going to call the clinic tomorrow to get all booked in for the March cycle.  I won't be starting on this cycle, but the next.  I've had recurrent miscarriage testing done which showed nothing, so I think the MCs are due to age.  Wishing you all the very best for your cycle!  I hope that you are doing OK?  Not long at all now then if you are starting at the end of Feb! :) xx

·
Registered
169 Posts
Me too I needed a break from everything since the m/c.

Hopefully 10 days at counting? Where are you cycling this time?

x

·
Registered
710 Posts
I really hope that everything works out for us both this time lmc.  So are you taking Norethisterone?  I just realised that we might actually be starting at the same time.  I am about to pay for my drugs and hopefully they will be delivered in the coming week or so as I have my drugs appointment on the 24th.  I'll then start the Norethisterone anytime from 25th Feb onwards (I'll find out which day on the 24th).  I haven't taken Norethisterone before so this will be new for me (I usually start from CD 1 of a natural cycle).  I'm cycling at the the Hewitt Centre again - and same for you too? xx

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi shootingstar777 and lmcmillan28829, I have been other boards with you, good to see your back at it. So this is my 4th FET. I have been on the nasal spray for the past 2 weeks and had my baseline scan last Tuesday, so I start my HRT patches On Tuesday. Looking to transfer around 5/6th March depending on the lining. Next scan is booked for 25th February.

xx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Ladies, do you mind if I join you?

I'm due to start my first IVF cycle in a little under a month and am waiting very impatiently right now. I have my Nurse consultation on Tuesday, and then I'm trying to plan in some 'fun' activities for the following couple of weeks for something to look forward to and to pass the time more quickly!

If my next cycle is on time, I should be starting injections on short protocol around 10th March. I'm dreading everything about this in terms of how many stages I need to make it through to finally have a child. Right now the main worry is if they will collect any eggs (given my AMH and FSH), then if by some miracle I do have eggs collected it's the will they / won't they fertilise...and if they do, are the embryos good enough for implantation!

So many worries before I've even begun. :(

xxx

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi BroodySingle, welcome to the thread!  Wishing you lots of luck for your upcoming IVF cycle.  I'm also due to start stimulation injections around 10th March (give or take a few days).  It's a good idea to get some fun activities planned in so that you can try to keep your mind occupied.  I am single too!  I have a little boy (aged 4) from my first IVF cycle when I was 37, and have been trying for a sibling since 2017.  I completely understand your concerns and knowing that there are so many stages to the process to get through but it's exciting too.  There are so many ladies who are successful with low AMH levels, and from what I've read, age can be a bigger factor than AMH because of egg quality.  Do you know what drugs you will be taking for stimulation, and what the dose will be?  I'm on the maximum dose because of my age (Meriofert 450 IU).  Are you taking any supplements or doing any alternative therapies like acupuncture?

lori84 - Great to see you on here, although I'm sorry to read this is your 4th FET.  Wishing you all the very best for your cycle!  Wow your transfer is not far away at all!  Good luck for your scan on the 25th.

lmcmillan28829 - How are you doing?  Not long to go now!

AFM - I am trying to eat healthily and am taking a fertility supplement, a multi-vitamin, 1000 IU Vitamin D (as I recently had my levels checked and they were only just sufficient) and 300mg CoQ10.  Trying to eat fresh salmon often (as it's the only fish I eat), and getting plenty of protein.  I've lost a bit of weight recently too which hopefully may help and am planning to do a low-carb week between now and starting treatment.  I can't actually believe I'm starting a new cycle after so much waiting!  The past six months have felt so long.  I am nearing the end of my journey in trying for a sibling.  This will be my last fresh IVF cycle, and if this (and any FETs) don't work, then if I have a remaining vial of donor sperm (I have two, and they may have to use both for the IVF), then I will have a last shot attempt at IUI xx

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi ladies, do you mind if I join? Am 40 and TTC #2. Having FET with frostie from first round of ICSI. AF has arrived so start down reg a week into March. X

·
Registered
150 Posts
It’s been a while since I’ve done this, could anyone who has used buserelin remind me where to inject it again. Was it tummy or thigh. Terrible I’ve forgotten everything already! X

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Shootingstar

I'm on the max dose of Meriofert I think, 450 mg. I'm not sure why I'm on Meriofert when most ladies seem to be on Menopur, but from my research Meriofert seems to have the edge with exceptionally low AMH. It is a fair bit more expensive though.

My consultant put me on Levothyroxcin as my TSH is 2.6 and he wants it below 2.5. I've also started taking:

*Seven Seas Trying to conceive folic acid
*Pharma Nord's Bio-Ubiquinol 200mg 3 times per day
*Iron supplements for conception
*Complex B vitamins

Good luck with your cycle - hopefully we'll be cycle around the same time!

Welcome Ducky!

Unfortunately I can't help as I'm on short protocol but wishing you lots of luck!

xxx

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ducky - I have just dun burselin it can be dun in the stomach or thigh I have always used stomach about 2 inches under belly button and to the left or right
Goodluck everyone
Xx Kelly xx

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Shooting Yes at the Hewitt Centre having everything done there this time we have fully transferred over.
I'm not taking nothersterone they mentioned it and I asked did I need it, I have regular cycles and they did a pre scan on my lining at it was thin enough not to need it. Which I'm quite glad about as some people are calling it the Devil drug. Hoping it isnt to bad for you.
Just waiting on AF, I have collected my meds already so just need to call on day 1 for them to confirm everything again.
They have kept me on Merifert but upped my dose as if you remember the other clinic missed my ovary so they gave me a lower dose so I'm upped to the correct amount for having 2.

I am trying to eat healthy and my Vit d has been low are you taking tablets or spray for your Vitamin D. Do you know what your levels where?

Hi Lori hope you are well. How are you feeling about you next FET?

Hi Broody Single hope you are well. This is Round 2 for us I had a M/C on my first cycle and a failed FET so hoping its 3rd time lucky for us. It's a crazy rollercoaster journey but this page was a amazing and the support is incredible.

Hi Ducky welcome to the group.

x

·
Registered
150 Posts
lmcmillan & broodySingle thank you for the welcome to the group!

Hopingtobeamammyno2 thanks for the reminder, v helpful. Good luck with your OTD

Shootingstar I had norethisterone before a short protocol ICSI a few years back. I’ve also had it numerous times to delay period for holidays etc. Not had any problems with it at all and bleed normally starts for me about 5 days after stopping. Hopefully you will find it ok too.

Good luck to everyone! It’s gonna be a long 3 week count down until I can start down reg

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome to the thread Ducky1!  And thank you for the info about Norethisterone, it's good to hear that not everyone struggles with it.  Wishing you all the best for your cycle!

Great news that we are both at the Hewitt Centre lmcmillan28829!  I have always done natural cycles before, so was interested in whether this will make any difference.  My lining is always on the thick side so perhaps it might help that.  If nothing else, I'll be able to plan a bit better and know roughly when things will start.  So are you expecting AF at the end of Feb?  I had my Vitamin D tested on Thriva and the level was 71.5nmol/L.  The result says it's sufficient but recommends to take a supplement between 400IU and 1000IU, so I'm taking 1000IU (25mcg).  Have you had to wait until your Vitamin D levels came up to start?  I hope that AF doesn't keep you waiting!

Welcome to the thread HopingToBeAMammyNo2!  Wishing you luck on your cycle.  I read in your signature that you have two blasts on board?  Good luck for your upcoming OTD, are you feeling positive?

Hi BroodySingle, I have heard a lot about Menopur too although from what I understand, it is very similar to Meriofert.  But that is very good to hear that Meriofert has the edge!  That's a good list of supplements you are taking, and I might look into the iron one.  I've also started taking CoQ10, apparently it's supposed to be very good.

AFM - I am suffering at the moment as I had a wisdom tooth removed last week.  I feel and look like I've been hit hard on the jaw!  Having to take painkillers at the moment, so I hope this doesn't last too much longer.  I should hear about my drugs delivery this week.  I have a feeling that time will start to fly after that!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Shootingstar. Yes she is just in 7 days!!
Mine was really low started at 21 and got it up to 50 on tablets them I heard that the spray is much better so I have been taking 3000IUI spray which also contains K2 apparently it helps absorb better and quicker my last result about 4 weeks ago was 73 so it has jumped so much in the 6 weeks with the spray.

Ouch wisdom teeth I had a all mine out they were so painful. I looked like the elephant man. Hope you are feeling better soon

Welcome Hopingtobemammy

x

·
Registered
150 Posts
Lmcmillan Can I ask where you get your vitamin D spray from?

Shootingstar sorry to hear about the wisdom tooth. Hope it settles soon. X

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Ducky.
Holland and Barrett x

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello ladies,

How are we all?

Shootingstar - how's the tooth? Extraction of any tooth is painful, but wisdom teeth are the worst I've heard. Hope you're feeling better!

Ducky - I agree on the time dragging! I'm three weeks away from starting my short protocol and it feels like the seconds are turning into days  ;D

lmcmillan - Sorry to hear about your first cycle and FET. Keeping everything crossed for you this cycle! Has AF arrived for you yet?

AFM, I had my nurse consultation on Tuesday. I'm sure she thought I was a total numpty as I struggled a bit with getting all the liquid back into the syringe. I asked if I would get a chance to be show again before I start my injections (which won't be for about 3 weeks) and she looked at me like was barmy as hell  ;D

I have my Implications Counselling next week which is worrying me more that I thought it would. Not because I'm uncomfortable with using Donor sperm, but more because it's unknown and I'm not sure if I say something wrong if they'll cancel my cycle before it's begun. (I do have a terrible habit of overthinking EVERYTHING!!!)

xxx

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.