Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

221 - 240 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hi all,

first of - Blossom, I’m so so sorry about your BFN. Like others said, take your time and the next steps will shape themselves.

dusky - amazing news on the embryos, shame you have to freeze them all but a month off can actually be good for your body to get ready for your embryos to settle in.

sopstar - hi there, and welcome. What dose of Gonal F are you on and what how many follicles do you have?

molly - welcome, I’m sorry you’ve had such a long and disappointing journey so far. I can imagine it’s frustrating the donor sperm isn’t working. Are you using the same donor at each cycles?

dojiejo, wilberdoo, Lea hi all, sorry for lack of personals I absolutely hate this new site? I can’t look back and type and couldn’t even find the thread on my laptop,

afm - had my baseline and bloods yesterday (day 1) and have an ****** cyst again but Fsh levels were good so we decided with the doctor that I’ll start stims and see how I respond so here we go. I’m starting on 225 Gonal F this evening. We changed from menopur to Gonal F which I’m quite happy about as we used Gonal on the cycle that gave us our daughter so that makes me feel a bit more positive about this cycle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Pritamin
I’m on 300 of Gonal F, which I started on Monday. My next scan and/or blood test is tomorrow so I guess I’ll hear about the number of follicles then. It’s really heartening to hear your positive news after using Gonal-F before - I really hope it goes the same way for you this time round.
SS

·
Registered
430 Posts
Pritamin - Sorry you have a cyst again. I am glad you have managed to start your cycle, I hope the change of medication back to Gonal produces the golden egg for you.

SopSar - Good luck for your scan and/or blood tests tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is going well.

AFM - I got my notes from my hystercopy sent through to me at the end of last week and noted that my biopsy results. I noted that the biopsy results suggestive there was evidence of disordered proliferation of my uterine lining. I sent an email through including these results to my consultant secretary yesterday and asked if this needed any further investigation. I was extremely surprised when my consultant called me yesterday afternoon and had a discussion regarding the results and have made a plan to have another biopsy through the clinic to see if it was just the timing of the previous biopsy for the abnormal result (it was a couple of months after my miscarriage). He suggested with my next period to do the biopsy and no transfer and therefore waiting longer for the transfer. Fortunately as my AF has just finished I can have the biopsy after ovulation with this cycle (so I have to test for ovulation) and then hopefully transfer the cycle after. I am impressed with the service and follow up from the consultant and the plan going forward. Fingers crossed there are no major concerns.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all

Jojiejo - that all sounds constructively positive.

I’ve just come back from a scan after 4 doses of Gonel-f. There look to be 6 follicles of a good size, and a couple more that aren’t. The doctor said this was on the low side, but I suppose 6 is better than none. My next scan is on Monday, and it’s looking like EC will be in the middle of next week.

SS

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI there,
I am pretty new to this, but I have just started my first cycle. I had a scan and started my first injections yesterday, so hoping to join the thread if that's ok?

LB

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi LB
I’m on my first cycle too, had my first scan and started injections on `Monday so I’m a few days ahead of you.
Welcome and best of luck with your treatment.
SS

·
Registered
106 Posts
Doj that all sounds good, that they are so on it x

welcome Laurabeth, hope the injections are going well.

SS it is always hard when we don’t see the number we hope for, must be rest assured that they wouldn’t carry on if they didn’t think there was good reason, lots of follies doesn’t mean better quality eggs either.

Having just said that... the embryologist called again yesterday and she has only been able to freeze 3... I know it only takes 1, but I am disappointed that out of 12, it dwindled down to 3. I know they know exactly what they are doing and I completely trust them, but maybe trying for blasto on all of them wasn’t the best thing... Anyway, we have 3, 1 of which is a 5AA 😀 another is a 4-5BB and another a 1BB, praying so very hard that one of those is going to be our sticky one 🙏

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome LB - good luck for your cycle. Hope your first lot of injections went ok.

Sopsar - 6 follicles is a great start. Good l uk with your next scan.

Dusky - 3 embryos frozen is great and they are really good grades as well. It is really hard when you start with some many eggs to begin with. Fingers crossed you have a sticky embryo in there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi,

Thank you all for the messages you sent me over the last week. I had time to rest and pounder. AF come two days after I stoped the meds. I am glad AF is over and the dreadful feelings that comes with it. After this fourth IVF fail attempt I hope to save money for another cycle and maybe try again later in the year. Also, we have always known we would like to adopt regardless the outcome of IVF. I still dream of having a big pregnancy belly and have that wonderful woman experience. However, we also have a heart for adoption and we’ll slowly start looking at this as we go along the next few months. I hope all these takes us to have a family as we have so much love to give.

On another note, I got my consultant to make me a referral for a hysteroscopy investigation and hope this can be the beginning of some clarity of the reason for implantation failures.

Dusky7…. Thank you for thinking of me. Congratulations on the numbers and EC. I hope you got many for your soon ET.

Ruthie… congrats on the twinies!!! I suspected that with such higher beta. It is such a blessing!! You made me smile large! xx

Lea… glad all is going well!! Sending love. xx

Wilberdoo…. Thanks for thinking of me… I wish you continue progressing in your journey... sending good vibes! xx

Pritamin… I hope so too, next step to shape itself. We are hopeful. Hope the stimming is going well. xx

Dpjiejo…. It seems you are having a very good experience with your clinic with is very important. I hope things continue going well and that you get at the bottom of everything in order to progress for your cycle. Sending good vibes. xx

Welcome to the new ladies…SopSar…LauraBeth…. Best of luck on your cycle. xx

AFM…. I am moving to other parts of this forum for poor responders and other adoption information while will wait for another cycle later this year (?). I wish you all the very best and thanks for your support ladies. I am sorry if I miss anyone and for lack of personals as this new platform is still confusing to me. xx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Blossom, lovely to hear from you. I really wish you all the best for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, and I hope you're all doing ok.

Blossom - I am just catching up on the thread now, and wanted to send best wishes for the future. I hope you're doing OK.

Can I ask the group a beginner question? Does anyone else get an instant, metallic taste after injecting menopur? It's just like the taste I get before a migraine. It seems like a stupid thing to worry about, but I'm so anxious about doing anything wrong!

I have been looking through the site to try and get a better understanding of the whole process as I realised that I don't understand a lot of what is being talked about in the thread, but its all a bit overwhelming. I'm hoping that I'll learn a bit more at my next scan tomorrow.

Thanks all for sharing your experiences so far, it really helps.

LB

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi all,

Sopsar - how did your scan go today?

Laurabeth - welcome! When did you say your scan was? I feel somewhat of an ivf veteran so happy to help you understand the process where I can!

Blossom - I’m so sorry for your BFN but glad you have a plan moving forward. I’m just starting my 5th cycle so I understand all too well how hard repeated implantation failure is. Look after yourself. xx

dusky -those embryos sound fab! Fingers crossed.

Sorry I’m on my phone so remembered as many as I can as can’t keep checking the thread!

I had my day 10 scan today and I’m ready for EC Wednesday! I’m so surprised because I always end up stimming for a little longer. Thankfully not the case now I’m paying! So I’ve got 11/12 follicles over 13 which should be big enough by egg collection and a lot of small ones which may catch up. Trigger tonight at 9pm. It’s all moving quickly now!

Hope you are all doing well. xx

·
Registered
108 Posts
Blossom, lovely to hear from you. I really wish you all the best for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!!! xx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Molly,

Thanks for your message. I have a check up and bloods tomorrow, and then my first scan since I started the injections is on Friday morning.
Is there anything I should listen out for? At my first scan last week I heard them say something about 6 and 7, but was too nervous to ask them to explain what they were talking about (doh).

LB

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Laurabeth,

I think all clinics do things differently and you are on different medication than me (are you doing the long protocol?) but I can tell you my own experience. At the baseline scan they do an antral follicle count which is basically how many follicles there are to begin with that can potentially grow - they may have been the numbers they were referring to? I remember being where you are, I never really asked questions and didn’t really know what to expect. You shouldn’t be nervous to ask questions though The first cycle is quite often a trial run because they just don’t know how you will react to the drugs. I was started on a low dose of drugs because they worried I’d overstimulate but it was nowhere near enough and I only got 4 eggs.

When did you start the injections? At the first scan they will measure the follicles on each ovary and are looking for those over 10mm. At my clinic they like them to be over 17mm and when you have enough at that size they will book in egg collection. Some people get to those sizes quickly and some need to keep stimming for longer so don’t panic if they aren’t quite there at your first scan. You do always tend to have some smaller ones that never get big enough I’ve strangely always stimmed for longer but this cycle I’ve only had 9 days of meriofert and I’m ready. I’m relieved though I’m so tired and bloated!!!

Molly. Xx

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hi all,
So i had a scan today and there was only one follicle at 13mm so I decided to abandon this cycle. I will stim until Thursday when I'll have a scan then potentially trigger and we will try naturally, which quite frankly is probably pointless but oh well.
I really hope we can jump straight back into cycling the following month which will be our last try with OE so I want to give it our best shot in getting the most good quality eggs which with my low AMH (1.6 pmol/L) will be very challenging near impossible but I can't not try.

Laurabeth - welcome. I remember feeling exactly the same as you feel right now, thinking I knew so little when everyone knew so much. Sadly it is a knowledge we will acquire as we go along this journey and I think we all wish we didn't know so much about it. Things will get clearer as you go along and you can always ask on here. The knowledge of some girls on here is just astonishing and everybody is so helpful and supportive so just ask away.

Molly - hi there, you have great amount of follicles, fingers crossed you have your golden embryo in there xx

Sopsar - how was your scan today?

Dusky - congrats on the three frosties, they are good quality. I hope you have your sticky bean in there.

Dojiejo, Lea, Wilberdoo - hi!!

Blossom - I don't know if you're reading this but you and your husband are truly inspirational. Starting going down the adoption route might just give you the headspace you need and I truly believe that you will be rewarded with your pregnant belly and your own baby at the end of this journey.

I'm sorry if i missed anyone. Still not liking this new layout. (forever the moan :) )

Reactions: Blossom_04

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all

Blossom - you've been in my thoughts and I wish you all the best for the future.

Thanks for everyones updates, I've found it really helpful to see how everyone is getting on.

My scan was moved back from yesterday to today - there looks to be about 7 follicles in contention. Egg collection has been set for Friday, so lets see where I am after then.

SS

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi all,

pritamin - I’m sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed you can get straight back in to another cycle. I know the waiting is always one of the most difficult and frustrating parts!

Sopsar - that all sounds positive! Wishing you all the best for Friday!

laurabeth - how are you getting on?

So I’ve just got back from egg collection and they collected 15 eggs so I am so pleased with that. Just praying we get good fertilisation rates. I always get day 5 embryos (which I am obviously pleased about) but never high numbers compared to the number of eggs so we shall see! Hopefully transfer Monday. xx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Molly - Hope you are recovering well from your egg collection. I have everything crossed for great fertilisation for you.

SopSar - Glad your scan went well today. 7 follicles is great. I will be thinking of you for egg collection on Friday.

Pritamin - Sorry that you haven't responded to the drugs, good luck with the trigger and trying naturally. I have everything crossed for you.

Laurabeth - How has your cycle going? I don't recall a metallic taste when I have had menopur in the past but it was awhile back that I had it. I remember my first cycle being very overwhelming. Ask us all the questions you have and share your anxieties, you will find that we have all probably felt the same/feel the same at sometime.

Hope everyone else I haven't mentioned is going well.

AFM - I am having a scan tomorrow to check for any signs of ovulation as I haven't managed to pick up my LH surge of ovulation sticks, I assume this is because of my PCOS.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi all,

Just thought I’d give you a little update. Of the 15 eggs 14 were suitable for ICSI and 12 have fertilised! I’m so pleased with those numbers. Just pray they keep fighting and we still have a good number by day 3! I’m feeling really good after egg collection as well. Everything seems to be going too smoothly - although my issues usually come after transfer so can’t get carried away yet!

Hope you are all well. Xx

221 - 240 of 280 Posts