Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

241 - 260 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Just a quick one on here then I’ll read the thread. I was offered the covid vaccine but my reflexologist thinks I should hold off on it while we’re going through IVF. In my mind the covid jab is nothing more than a flu vaccine though I know we don’t have any evidence yet on long term effects.
Anyone who has had the vaccine and been successful or do you have any pointers I should consider?
Thank you :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Pritamin,

I don’t know if this is of any help because I haven’t been offered or had the vaccine but my clinic has asked me to ring them to discuss if I do and they will let me know if I can have it (I think dependent upon where I am with treatment). Can your clinic give you any advice?

I personally don’t think I will have it if offered at the moment but that’s just a personal opinion and not really based on much more than a feeling.

Molly. xx

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sopsar - fingers crossed your EC goes / went well today. Let me know about the results when you know.

molly - that’s amazing fertilisation rate, well done! Hope they keep growing strong for you.
I asked my clinic about the jab before I was offered and they said I should have it.
It’s not enough evidence either way so it’s really difficult to make an informed decision.
I’m having the vaccine next Thursday and I won’t start another cycle until Mid-May so hopefully it should be ok.
I was told I immune issues in the past (immune system being too strong) and I’m having the jab round about the time implantation would occur if we were successful in this cycle naturally (as if!!) so I actually don’t mind my immune system having its attention somewhere else other than implantation 😅

dojiejo - I hope your scan went well

hi everyone else xx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Molly - that is a great strike rate. Fingers crossed they continue to develop as they should.

Pritamin - I really empathise - as if dealing with IVF etc during a pandemic isn't tricky enough, you've to decide about a vaccine which didn't exist a year ago! I would have it if it were me, but that's based on my own instinct, and absolutely no knowledge of it's pros and cons.

Dojiejo - I hope your scan went well

LM - how are you getting on?

AFM - egg collection was yesterday. They got 6 eggs and they called this morning to say 5 have fertilised. So having been a bit down about the low number of follicles, I am happy with having got this far. I'm booked in for egg transfer on Wednesday (Day 5), but depending on how they're doing I might get called on on Monday (day 3).

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sopsar that’s a great fertilisation rate and as you say you should definitely be pleased you’ve got to where you are. It only takes 1 as they say! I’m praying they all keep growing for you. I’m still waiting for my day 3 call! Previously they haven’t called on day 3 so part of me wonders if they will! Maybe no news is good news as last time I got a day 3 call to tell me most of my embryos looked abnormal and to prepare for no day 5 embryos! I did get 2 in the end but they both ended in miscarriage so it is likely they were abnormal in some way. This waiting part is so difficult.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Molly - Congrats on the great fertilisation. Fingers crossed for D3 and D5 updates.

SopSar - Congrats on your egg collection and amazing fertilisation. Fingers crossed for a D5 transfer. 6 follicles is great.

Pritamin - I have had both of my COVID vaccines. I understand the concerns with the long term effects, the. vaccine has gone through all the normal testing/trial stages before a medication can be used in the general population. It seems that it was developed quickly, however lots of the steps during the trail was able to run concurrently (thus faster) due to significant funding and global interest as well as massive amount of people volunteering to be part of the trial. The science behind the vaccine isn't new, it is used in many other vaccines. A great resource are the royal college of obstetricians & gynaecologists; COVID-19 vaccines, pregnancy and breastfeeding
COVID is a really horrible virus, being pregnant doesn't increase your chances of getting COVID, however i there is an increased in the severity of COVID in people who are pregnant. Also getting COVID during a cycle will ultimately mean that cycle is cancelled and the next cycle will depend on when you recover. I work in the NHS and higher risk due to the area I work as well as needing to use the tube to get into work.

AFM - I had my scan as still haven't detected a surge with my ovulation testing. My scan on day 15 showed a 16 mm dominate follicle so potential for ovulation over the weekend, still no surge. So I think I will be in for another scan on Tuesday to check if ovulation has occurred so they can do a biopsy of my lining after ovulation. My friend (who was due when I would have been due if I hadn't miscarried) has had her baby which is great for them, I felt I was dealing with it ok until seeing another friend this week who is having a baby in a couple of weeks time, I had been feeling very emotionally since then and a little bit sad for myself. Everything just takes so much time in the whole process!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Dojiejo - I can completely relate, my best friend announced her pregnancy to me a few weeks ago and I’ve actually found it so difficult. She did it face to face which floored me a bit and I have to admit I’ve just tried to pretend it isn’t happening and keep putting off seeing her which I know is awful. I’ve been quite strong through all our difficulties but pregnancy announcements / babies I just struggle to cope with! Just look after yourself. We can’t do anything but carry on can we and hope one day our dream will come true. xxx

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI everyone,

apologies for the radio silence! I just replied to this thread before seeing the end of it, so just editing. Doh!

Molly87 : everything crossed for you. Have you had a call?

Sopsar : I hope you feeling ok and great to hear about fertilization!

Dojiejo : How are you getting on? I can totally relate to how you're feeling and agree with Molly. I keep trying not to relate my friend's and family members situation to our own, but its really hard not to. I hope you're doing ok.

AFM - I am set for egg retrieval on Tuesday morning. Feeling a bit sore today (stupidly walked an hour to the hospital and back for my blood test this morning) but relieved things are moving forwards. My scan was on Friday, where there were two follicles each side big enough, and a few more developing each side. They said that ideally they would have had me in for retrieval tomorrow, but can't because of the bank holiday, so I am a little nervous that I will have lost some by Tuesday. Fingers crossed though!

I hope you are all doing ok, and sending best wishes to you all

LB

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi all,

Laurabeth - exciting that you are ready for egg collection. I’m sure you will be fine for Tuesday and gives the smaller ones a chance to catch up!

I did get my day 3 call - 6 were doing what they should and between 6-9 cells, 3 were slightly behind (but I guess not 100% out) and 3 looked abnormal. All 12 were still fighting though! So I’m hopeful we do have at least 2 to transfer today. The scariest bit is waiting to see how many made it to day 5!

xx

·
Registered
377 Posts
So I’m officially PUPO with 2 top quality hatching blastocysts. They used a new ultrasound guided transfer technique which has apparently had good results. Isn’t looking like anything to freeze at the moment but they will check again tomorrow. Can’t complain with the 2 on board though! Really hoping this is our time, not sure how many more times I can put myself through this! xx

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hey guys,

sorry I haven’t checked in.

I had some bad news yesterday, I had a NIPT percept test and the pregnancy came back high risk for trisomy 13 which is very rare and probably incompatible with life, from my extensive googling 😔 😭 apparently the test is 82% correct at being right. It’s usual with this to miscarry or terminate the pregnancy 😑

Does anyone have any experience of this? I have a 13 week scan at 13+2 and a CVS booked for 19 May - such a long wait!! Currently 11+2. There is a possibility this could be inconclusive and I’ll have to have an amino at 15.5.

I am devastated but have realised from some research this result often has a false positive and I also think they calculated the risk based on my age, not the age of the embryo - age 35 v 41. The risk increases with each year so I’m going to call the clinic back today and speak to the genetic counsellor to see if this makes a difference. I also want them to tell me my own risk not the general risk. I have so many questions today now I’ve digested the news. I’ve decided to be positive until proven otherwise - a new type of PUPO for me. I am preparing myself for the worse though 💔

dojiejo sorry about your friend - it’s so hard 🤗 I hope you’re ok and ovulate soon.

molly congrats again 🤞🤞

laurabeth good luck today ❤

sopsar hope those embie are growing nicely xx

hi to all the others, sorry not more personals xxxxxxx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thank you for all the lovely words, I am feeling a little better this week.

Molly - Congrats on being PUPO. Hope the two hatching blast and the new ultrasound technique gives you success.

LB - thinking of you for egg collection today. Hope it all goes well.

Wilberdoo - How stressful for you. I really hope the NIPT test is a false positive. The accuracy they quote isn't completely true, especially if they have used your age now and not from when you initially froze the embryo. Your CVS and ultrasound will be able to give a lot more information.

Hope everyone else is ok.

AFM - I managed to get a positive ovulation surge. So just need to confirm with the clinic when the biopsy will be (the consultant said 10 days post surge0 so next week I think.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wilberdoo - I am so sorry you’ve had this news. It’s not something I am familiar with so can’t offer you any words of advice but I’m thinking of you and praying that isn’t the outcome. xx

Dojiejo - glad you are feeling better. It’s such a rollercoaster of emotions isn’t it! Glad you’ve had the surge and can move forward now.

Laurabeth - hope all went well for you today!

Sopsar - any news? Did you have a day 3 transfer or holding out for day 5?

AFM - I had a call this morning to say that they’ve frozen 2 blastocysts! One isn’t the best quality but if it’s been frozen they must think it can survive the thaw so I’m really pleased with that outcome! I was worried id made the wrong decision not changing our donor sperm so I’m pleased that we didn’t have another disastrous round! xx

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pritamin, my clinic said they can’t advise, but that there haven’t been enough trials and research into it for fertility treatment and pregnancy. Have heard that you should leave at least 2 months... I have been offered mine and have decided not to. Who knows what is right, it is so hard!

Sorry I haven’t read through everything. We have 3 blastos and hopefully doing FET end of June 🤞

will catch up x

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi all,

I hope you are all doing well. For some reason the notifications for this thread stopped coming through - I did wonder why it had seemed so quiet.

I do not want to make too long a post as I know this board isn't for pregnancy but I thought it good to share a bit of my experience so far as reassurance if you happen to ever find yourselves in the same boat.

I have been bleeding from 5.5 weeks varying from lots of bright red to hardly any brown, no pains and all currently appears to be ok - twins measured 8w1 and 8w with good heartbeats at their 8w scan last week. Heading for my 9w scan tomorrow.

As a previous MC sufferer (twice) the bleeding terrified me beyond belief and the weekly scans are helping to reassure. I hope the next two weeks go well, if I can make it to 10 weeks this will be the best I've ever managed.

Anyway, just wanted to say that even when it all seems lost there can be a good outcome.

I wish you all the best in your continuing treatment and send hugs and baby dust to all!

xxx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all -

Wilberdoo - such news seems impossible to comprehend. It seems to me that when it comes to IVF and all linked tests and treatments, almost all prognosis are based on some presumed average, rather than facts actually specific to the Patient. I really hope that once you have all the information specific to you individually all is well again.

Molly 87 - well done and fingers crossed

LB - I hope EC went well

Jojiejo - good luck with the biopsy

Apologies to all you other ladies for a lack of personals, but I have derived great comfort from you all during such a weird and intense time. The knowledge on this site, together with how generous people are when it comes to sharing their really personal experiences, has been invaluable to me.

AFM - all 5 of my eggs made it to day 5, although 2 were still only at the cell stage, 2 were still at the morula stage but looked good and one was a 4AB blastocyst. I had the blastocyst and one of the morula’s put back in yesterday. The lab called this morning to say the remaining morula has turned into a 4BB blastocyst, and out of the two slower embryos one is not good enough to freeze, the other is of border line poor/average quality but can be frozen. That one couldn‘t be graded as it was in the process of cleavage.

I feel very fortunate to have got to this stage, with potential in reserve. So now it’s just a case of wait and see.

Best wishes to all.

‘SS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone,

Dojiejo - I hope the biopsy went ok

Ruthie - thanks for sharing, and hope the scan went ok

Sopsar - Good to hear you have had your ET and hopefully some in reserve too!

Wilberdoo - I'm sorry to read your news, and I hope you're doing OK. Really hoping for you that isn't the case

Molly - Great news, congratulations!

AFM - The EC Tuesday was so much quicker than I anticipated! Got a little worried about the amount of pain I've been in, but was reassured by the ACS nurse that its normal.
Anyway, its all worth it as I got a call on Wednesday to say they had collected 10 eggs and managed to fertilize 8. I don't know anything about the quality/progress as I haven't heard since. I was to wait to get a call this morning to possibly go in for ET today, but have heard nothing so am to presume it will be on Sunday

Thanks again to all of you for sharing your experiences here. I have been learning so much about what to expect from following this thread, and I'm really grateful for that.

I hope you are all doing ok, and sending you the best of wishes

LB

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hi all,

sorry about the radio silence, days and weeks just seem to fly by at the moment. I'm sure it wouldn't be the case if I were in the 2WW.

Wilberdoo - i am so sorry you had that news but if I understood correctly this result is based on your current age and the risks associated with that specific age group and not adjusted to your specific circumstances. What was the exact test they carried out? was it a blood test that analyzes the baby's DNA? Did you have a consultation with your clinic? I hope they could give you some peace of mind.

Molly - congrats on being PUPO, two hatching blastos and two in the freezer sound like a great result :) When is your otd?

Dusky - congrats on the 3 blastos.

Ruthie - you poor thing, you must be so worried all the time but I'm glad your clinic is giving you weekly scans. Please do keep us updated and I hope your on and off bleeding will stop soon so you can truly enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Sopsar - congrats on being PUPO!! great you have some reserve in the freezer too :)

Laurabeth - 8 embryos are great and in this instance no news is good news, fingers crossed for your ET on Sunday. How many are you planning to put back?

Dojiejo - at last, a surge!! I wish time will fly quickly for you until your biopsy.

AFM - I had my covid vaccine yesterday and I got the AstraZeneca. We had a good conversation pre vaccine about IVF and I decided to have it as there is simply no evidence either way. The same way as my reflexologist say that there's not enough evidence that it does not affect fertility, equally there isn't any evidence that it does. In fact, who knows, it could even improve fertility. Simply there is just not enough data. Also I've put off so many things in life in the last however many years because of IVF (which in hindsight I shouldn't have) that I just didn't want to add this to the list. And if by some miracle I manage to get pregnant then I'll happily worry about it :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congratulations on being PUPO SS 👍🏻😀 And great that you have some for the freezer. I hope the 2ww goes as quickly as it can for you 🤞😬

Laurabeth, 8 is a great number, good luck for Sunday.

Good to hear from you Pritamin x

And you Ruthie, sorry you have been going through this, have heard it is very common with twins, hope your scan went well x

I will move on to the next cycle Buddy room, I got my FET dates the other day, first scan 7th June and ET w/c 21st.

Wishing you all so much luck, and thank you for all your support xxx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Molly - That is great they managed to freeze to blast. How is your 2ww going?

Dusky - That is great that you have 3 blast and just awaiting for FET at the end of June, I will be joining you on the next month thread.

Ruthie - I'm glad all is going well despite the stress of the bleeding.

Sopsar - Congrats on being PUPO. It is great that you also managed to get 2 embryo's in the freeze. Hope the 2ww isn't to stressful.

LB - Hope all has gone to plan and you are going to have your ET tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and have everything crossed for you.

Pritamin - Yeah to getting the vaccine, hope you didn't feel too rough after it!

AFM - Just waiting for my biopsy on Monday and then will be waiting not so patiently for my period to come to finally have my transfer. The biopsy will also result in a scratch which I hope helps with getting a BFP. I will be heading to the next cycle buddy group as my FET will be the end of May/start of June depending on when my period arrives.

241 - 260 of 278 Posts