Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

141 - 160 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi everyone, sorry I have been AWOL, internet has been up the spout and my Dad has been very poorly, he is hopefully improving now 🤞

I must catch up.... will take me a while :)

I saw your amazing news Ruthie 😀 Huge congratulations to you 🎉 I also do everything that you said each time, apart from the milk, definitely important to keep your tootsies and kidneys warm.

I took my last Norethisterone yesterday, so just waiting for bleed and start Buserelin on day 2, never been on short protocol before.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter and the sun stays out 🐣 ☀

·
Registered
303 Posts
Lea - sorry work was so manic, I hope you are resting with your feet up and forgetting the day!

Dusky - exciting to start your protocol, I did the short protocol for the first time this round and it’s excellent in my opinion, far less stressful on the body and I have my BFP so it must be good. I wish you all the luck with it.

I had a worry already tonight as my Clear Blue test from this morning, the positive line has completely disappeared! The first response though is strong as ever. Never heard of line disappearing like that before and it seemed so strong at half 5 this morning. Hoping it’s just a bit faulty. Will definitely now be doing another one tomorrow morning.
Booked to have a HCG blood test on Tuesday at the clinic as well as pick up more meds - I asked for the test to provide reassurance. Scan booked for 21st April where I’ll hopefully be just under 7 weeks by a day or so.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Ruthie - yesssss!!!!!! ^jumpin^ ^pompom^ ^BFP^ ^banana^ So, happy for you! Cautious congratulations :) I wish you a healthy and uneventful pregnancy xxx keep us posted about tomorrow’s test

Lea - I’m so sorry you had such a stressful return to work, your job sounds hectic. I used to do event management and I remember a few times when I completely forgot to take my pessaries due to a hectic workday. What do you do?

Blossom - congratulations about the two embryos and exciting you’ll have transfer tomorrow. May this be your lucky cycle ^pray^ I can’t remember whether it was Ruthie or Lea but I think it’s such a great idea to do this little things in the 2WW. They might not to anything but it’s such a massive change from feeling in control and doing something towards to goal to jus ‘sit around’ and fiddle with your thumb. At least you feel you’re doing something. Re warm drinks and warm feet - both my acupuncturist and reflexologist said exactly the same thing and I’m planning on doing a this too along with the Brazil nuts, avocado etc if I ever get to that stage again.

Mouse - best of luck with your upcoming cycle, please keep us posted.

Dojiejo - hope you’re doing well.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Afm - nothing to report :)

Dusky - welcome back, I’m sorry your dad was ill but good news he is on the mend. Best of luck for your upcoming cycle ^pray^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
303 Posts
Morning, sorry to ask on here as I know this is not necessarily a forum for when you have your BFP but I’m a little anxious and don’t know where else to ask.
I redid my tests this morning and just as dark as yesterday’s which is a relief. However when I wiped (sorry TMI) there was a big swipe of brown - I’m guessing blood. I’ve never had implantation bleeding with any pregnancy and with 2 miscarriages by 8-9 weeks it’s totally freaked me out. Can anyone reassure me so I don’t panic all weekend?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Morning Ruthie. I read this, but don’t actually feel able to provide a clear response to your question, but when I’ve been doing some reading I’ve found that brown bleeds indicate old blood, so it simply could be remanence from implantation. Sorry I cannot offer more, is there any scope to call the clinics out of hours number? I think the fact that you tested and still had a strong positive is reassuring in itself, but I totally get your anxiety and need for clarity!  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Ruthie - I had this with my daughter. Totally freaked me out, I remember it clear as day I was at work doing a late event. I was around 7 weeks at that point I think.Brown blood is OK!! It just means your little bean is snuggling in for the next 9 months or so :)
I kept checking it, went to toilet more often than I needed to, which I’m sure you will be doing it too. As long as it’s brown, it’s ok. I think you’ve requested hcg from your clinic which should provide you with reassurance if you repeat it 2-3 days later so you see the number is nearly doubling.
I know it’s very nerve wrecking but it’s so, so common!
You’ve got this!! Xxx

·
Super Moderator
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Ruthie I had this when I was pregnant with my son, i asked my husband what was the point of a blood test when I had brown blood when I wiped, but everything was okay. Brown blood is old blood.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement.
Thankfully there has been no more so far and you have made me feel much calmer.
Sorry for the early anxious post.
Have a wonderful Easter weekend xx

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi everyone,

Ruthie.... Thanks for all your tips!!! I sent DH to get all the good foods to help implantation this morning. I am so sorry you had an anxious moment like that one. But, I am happy you are more at ease now. Here in the UK, the clinics generally don't offer HCG test on OTD, as I often see in clinics from the USA. I am sure some numbers might give you some reassurance of how things are going. I know it must be hard, but I wish you a relaxing Easter weekend. Take good care of your growing blessing. ^hugme^

Lea86....For the first time, I was asked to leave the procedure and sent to empty my bladder a little bit. I had a supper-full bladder that I couldn't even lie down on my back.  ;D ^idiot^ I fantasised about this beautiful EC moment where I say beautiful affirmations to welcome my BB into my womb, but the reality was that I was in agony with the weight of the ultrasound probe into my belly. I just wanted to wee.  ::) Thanks for the good tips!!! ^hugme^

Dusky7.....welcome back! I am glad your dad is on the recovery road. So good things are moving for you. I wish you very good luck with your short protocol hope it gives you the results you want.  ^pray^

Pritamim....Thanks for your good tips and warm wishes. ^hugme^ I am totally snugged in with my socks on my feet and my good food in the kitchen. As you said, it is taking control of this 2ww, and I hope it makes the difference.

Sharry.... hi Sharry!!

AFM.... Thank you all for the good tips and best wishes for my EC and implantation. You have been all lovely!!!
We were sitting in the car parking waiting for the clinic to call us. When the embryologist called, we were told that only one embryo was good to transfer. I shrank a little bit, but I tried to refocus on what we had. My DH was also not allowed to coming in due to the covid restrictions - pure shame! I am sure a lot of you may have faced a similar situation in the past where your DW/DP/DH was sent away. I understand but, I wish he was there with me.  :-\
I had an overly full bladder and, I had to come down from that dignified position  ;D ;D ;D and go to the loo and empty my bladder a little bit - what a task! The EC proceeded as it was expected, and I was fine. On my return home, I went to bed as I woke up at 04:00 am, very early as the clinic is a few hours away, and DH needs time to wake up.  ;D I am officially PUPO ladies, ^fairydust^ and my OTD is 14 April. I can only feel grateful as we have been through so many steps and now entering a new stage. ^pray^

I hope everyone else is doing ok.

I wish you all a lovely Easter Weekend.

^hugme^

·
Registered
90 Posts
Blossom - congratulations 🎉 on being PUPO!!! Get comfy on that sofa with your snuggly socks 😊 On my last transfer I had to get down twice from the table to pee, felt like such a numpty 😬 so paranoid of not giving them a good enough view/access 😆

Ruthie - I had brown blood with DD, it is so impossible not to worry... not long til HCG now.

I really must log on on my pc as I can’t see back on phone and my memory is so rubbish 😬 Hope everyone is having a good weekend xx

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi lovely ladies, sorry for the radio silence I have been checking in every now and again but I’m sort of trying to forget a bit until my scan next Thursday as I’m just stressing that something will go wrong  ^idiot^ I can’t really forget though as the sickness is gross  ;D

Blossom congrats on being pupo!!!! Such good news, good luck!!!  ^pompom^

Ruthie I had brown blood too, was the day of and day after the transfer. Congrats on your bfp and I hope all goes well xxx

Mouse I’m sorry lovely that it didn’t work out  ^hugme^

Doji sorry about the wait and the weight! Honestly I also put on a lot I’m about 10kgs heavier than last time so I’m trying to be healthy and not gain any more - hard when all I want is hot chips  ::) i think it’s covid and stress of the anticipation of the cycle. I hope the wait goes quick and you get to where you want to be xx

Sorry if I’ve missed people, Lea I think? How are you holding up waiting for your scan? Mines on Thursday, I’ve got a fear of ectopic pregnancy and various other scenarios so trying not to think about it!

Pritamin how are you?

And dusky sorry to hear about your dad x

Hope I managed to get everyone ! Xxx

·
Registered
106 Posts
Happy Easter!!!

Thank you, ladies, for the best wishes!!!!

Dusky7....hahaha you seriously made me laugh; usually, DH is with me, and I feel much better, but with covid restrictions, he stayed outside. Having to start a procedure like that twice is already too much. I can't imagine three times. Bless you. The things we have to go through to grow our families, yeah??!!! ^hugme^

Wilderdoo...I wish you a lovely week ahead. I don't know what to say apart from wish you calm and tranquillity as you go through these waiting period. Sending love.  ^hugme^

AFM, Easter Sunday, and I'm chilling with my warm sock on. My feet get so hot at night sometimes, it is uncomfortable, and then I get a breather.  ;D It is a beautiful day outside, although it is still a little cold, but I go to my local park for a walk and have some vitamin D - much needed.

Enjoy your day wherever you are. xx

^fairydust^

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry I haven't been active as much as I meant to, just wanted to share that I had natural FET few weeks ago and yesterday OTD...got a  ^BFP^!! I just can't believe it! I have to be extra cautious (over 40s with very low AMH) but so far incredible news!  ^pray^

I didn't have any symptoms, totally unexpected!

Lots of hugs and luck to all of you cycling  ^hugme^

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi SuperMaria,

Congratulations on your BFP! ^congrats^ I can only imagine your happiness and how cautious you want to be at this stage. I hope you have a blessed and thriving pregnancy! ^pray^

A lovely week to everyone. xx

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Yay Supermaria, huge (and at the same time cautious) CONGRATULATIONS on your  ^BFP^ ^pompom^ ^banana^.  I can only imagine how happy and nervous you are at the same time. Which clinic are you with? Create?

Wilberdoo - not long to go until your scan now, i'm sure you are really worried but I'm keeping everything crossed for you that everything is fine and you'll come away with a beautiful picture of your little bean ^pray^

Blossom - i hope TWW is being kind to you.

Mouse - have you started your new cycle? When is your next scan?

Dusky, Lea  ^wave^

AFM - nothing to report. This month seems to be going at slug pace, I have a scan on Monday to check for any cyst and will also have an endo scratch at the same time. Then another long week or so to wait for AF........

·
Registered
97 Posts
Supermaria cautious congratulations! Hope the wait till the first scan goes quickly. This gives me hope that low AMH can be successful.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Sorry for lack of personals. Been a stressful week. I ended up in a&e with suspected gallstones. Thankfully it was just gastrointerites, was pretty grim though and in a lot of pain. Am fine now though, just a shame it happened while I was on annual leave and I’m now back to work!

ATM I have started my next cycle but after 4 days of fairly high stims my follicles are not growing AGAIN! So they have upped my meds to the max dose but now I’m not only worried about the fact that my ovaries seem to have gone to sleep, I’m a bit worried about how this might affect egg quality with such high stims. Hey ho just have to go with it now but I’m going to have a low threshold for cancelling this time if it doesn’t feel right.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the wishes  ^smlove^

Yes Pritamin, I'm with them although has been a roller-coaster! Hope your scan goes well on Monday.

@Mouse80 at this stage I don't want to celebrate much yet, but yeah that shows there is a small hope, my AMH was 2.1 last time I checked (July 2020!) so it's def lower now. Hope your follicles will grow more after adjusting the dose, fingers crossed! I was instead on low stims, 150IU and on that cycle it produced 4 eggs, 3 fertilised, only 1 embryo survived which has been used for this frozen transfer.

I have the 1st scan in a couple of weeks so will find out more, in the meantime I have to carry on with progesterone pessaries, not a fan of those  ;D!

xx

·
Registered
90 Posts
Huge congratulations SuperMaria  ^congrats^  Amazing news, it is a scary time but try to enjoy it too, hope the next few weeks fly by for you 🤞

Mouse, poor you!! That sounds horrid, hope you are all better now. I’ve never heard that high stimm meds alter quality of eggs... everything is crossed for you x

Hi to everyone, hope you are having a good week.

AF finally arrived so I did first Buserelin injection yesterday 😀 Was meant to have baseline scan yest but they resched to today, off we gooooo, finally 👍🏻😀

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all doing ok and sending you all best wishes (as I know I am going to end up missing people in personal mentions).

Blossom - HUGE congrats on being PUPO, I hope you are having a relaxing time and taking things easy while your little embie snuggles in.

Wilderboo - best of luck for your scan tomorrow - so very exciting and I'm sure all will be well, one more sleep to go :)

SuperMaria - MASSIVE congrats on your BFP, so happy for you. Wishing you a really happy and healthy pregnancy. I think you said you didn't have any symptoms. Me neither, it was hard to believe the result. Still don't really have much in terms of symptoms at 4w6d. The pessaries aren't fun are they lol, I am on 4 a day (2 morning and 2 evening) and today was told there is a shortage of the dose I need so will now be on 2 pessaries 4 times a day!!  I go in the back after confirming with my clinic there is no difference in being absorbed either front or back (sorry TMI) but have found it much cleaner and actually helps with joyful constipation but definitely not relishing having to do them four times a day ha ha.

Pritamin - hope the scan went well and the scratch too. I had a fibroid removed before my cycle which I was told was the same thing as a scratch essentially and it brought good things for me, so hoping the same happens for you  ^hugme^

Mouse - so sorry to hear you were unwell, gastroenteritis is no little thing but am glad to hear you are feeling better. Hoping the stimms are doing their thing and its starting to progress for you, often slow and steady does win the race  :)

Dusky - Yay you have started now, what a relief that must be, I hope all goes well with this cycle and am sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Lea, Sharry, - hope you are both well

AFM - brown spotting was only there for one day thankfully and thank you all for your words of encouragement. Clinic actually said it was a really god sign that things had gone as they should and presume it to be implantation bleed. I had a beta blood test done for my own piece of mind yesterday (4w5d, 19dpo, 14dp5dt) and my result was 1647 which the clinic said was a very strong number (they look for it to be between 200 and 500-700 at that stage) and therefore no need to repeat in a few days. Instead I am just counting down until my scan which is 2 weeks today. 

As mentioned above, sorry if I have missed any one but sending you all the best.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
SuperMaria - can i ask about your other cycles in the 3 cycle package? What doses did you have and what was the outcome of those cycles in terms of egg / embyro numbers. I have low amh (1.8 in October 2020) so you give me much hope and it would be good to know your protocol so i could have a chat with my consultant.

Mouse - I am so sorry you have been so unwell, it sounds horrid and must have been really stressful. Also very sorry about your follicles not growing... :( hopefully it is just a blip but i think you're right in thinking about cancelling if it doesn't feel right at any point. You know your body and although cancelling a cycle is stressful and adds more time to this whole journey but it's still better than paying all that money and having a negative cycle when you deep down felt that something was just not right.

Dusky - woooo hooo on starting your cycle, good luck!! what's the outline for the cycle and what is your protocol?

Ruthie - amazing news on the beta, whooooopppp!!!!!

sorry if i missed anyone.

AFM - nothing to report

141 - 160 of 214 Posts