Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

161 - 181 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
@ruthie1710 yes no symptoms at all, not even sore boobs! When is your official OTD? Because if I correctly understood, you did home pregnancy test? Wow 4 times a day for pessaries?? :eek: Omg I don't think I can handle that, 3 times is enough! Glad the brown spotting was only for 1 day, maybe I should watch out as well. My scan is around the 21st too.

@dusky7 thanks, hope your baseline scan went ok!

@Pritamin I did 3 cycles, 2 mild and 1 natural modified (which I regret switching, as I should have stayed with mild, where I had more eggs - with natural you have only 1 egg to play around and it's way too risky for our age and with low reserve).

So I was on short protocol, Benfola 150iu on all 3 cycles for 6/8 days (depending how follicles were growing), Cetrotide for 4/5 days, 1 trigger for the Mild and 2 triggers for the Natural cycle:

Cycle 1: 4 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 d3 embryo frozen , the others 2 didn't carry on growing at suitable stage
Cycle 2: 8 eggs, 6 fertilised, 1 d3 embryo frozen, the other 5 didn't carry on growing (very disappointing!)
Cycle 3: 1 egg, 1 fertilised, 1 d3 fresh embryo transfer which wasn't successful (BFN).

I never got any blastocysts and the 2 transfers I had were with Day 3 embryos. I had reservations at first but it seems this time the embryo made it to blasto in my belly, not in the lab! ;D

As Queenie123 said on the Low AMH topic: There is quite a lot of evidence around high does stims being detrimental to quality for people with low reserve. Have you tried just 150iu ?? Less is often more, and you may find you get 2-3 really healthy eggs instead of 7 where only 2 are good"
I do also think that maybe a lower dose is better for those with low reserves!

I hope this helps you for the chat with your clinic :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wilderdoo - Hope your scan goes well tomorrow and your enjoy hearing you little ones heartbeat for the first time. I’m sure it must be so nerve wrecking knowing it’s approaching.

Blossom - Hope the 2WW is treating you well and you're enjoying being PUPO!  ^congrats^ Have you decided whether you’ll test early or will stick to OTD? Sorry your ET was just as difficult with mine bladder wise 🙈

Supermaria - Huge congratulations, you must be so relieved after your last cycle! I’m sure that’s a distance memory now, and you can just focus on forward thinking and enjoying the first few weeks of being pregnant!  ^clapping^

Pritamin - Hi!! Hope the scan goes well and the endo scratch. Will that be the first time you’re getting it done or have you before? It sounds painful tbh! But I guess we’ll do almost anything to make out baby dreams come true. :eek:

Mouse - Really sorry to hear that your cycle hasn’t got off to a great start. I too did my treatment with create and they are firm believers that’s low doses yield better quality and that it is also better for women with low AMH or who respond poorly. Anyway, I hope that the changes your clinic make means your next scan is more positive. Nice to hear you’re taking more control and will do what feels right for you! ^hugme^

Dusky - Hope the injections go ok! Did you say short Protocol this time? How was the scan today. I assume all was well!

Ruthie - Glad the blood test has given you some reassurance. Countdown to the scan...🙄 feels like it’s been taking ages for me! I’m hoping those results hold you until the day your due to meet your embryo (baby) for the first time!

Hope I haven’t missed anyone else!

AFM - 1 week until our scan so I’ll be taking it easy until then really! Still trying to remain positive and thinking about all of you ladies when I read my inspiration sign of the day!
^fairydust^

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi all, scan went well, saw the baby and sac and heart the little heart beat  ^Heart^ DS and DH came in to see the scan and we surprised my son (he’s 5). We didn’t want to tell him until 12 weeks but it just felt right and what will be will be.
I’m still digesting it all and dealing with this weird terrible anxiety over everything. My mental health hasn’t always been great but this is new-and not welcome! I’ve got an awful sense of fear / dread this time around and I don’t know why  ^idiot^
Sorry for the big me post when I should just be feeling grateful!

Congrats super Maria!

Lea I hope you are doing ok waiting for the scan x

Ruthie glad you are doing ok  :)

Doji how are you doing? I can’t seem to go back very far on my phone xx

Dusky congrats on getting started  :)

Mouse dory you’ve been sick, rough time you’ve had. I hope the cycle works out lovely x

Hi pritamin amd blossom hope your 2ww is ok - is it ever???  ;D

Big love to you all and  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
350 Posts
So pleased it all went well Wilberdoo, and that your son was able to be part of the magical moment. Given the journeys everyone goes through I think the anxiety is normal! However, try to enjoy this all as much as you can, only a few more weeks until you’ll get to see your baby again x

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ruthie, great beta!!! Super snuggled in 😀👍🏻

Pritamin, all my others were long, this is the first short protocol, Buserlin, 300 Menopur, Ovitrelle and 4 x pessaries. Had a mare last night for first stimms, I remembered how to mix etc but couldn’t remember about the ampules, looked at the leaflet and it said break with dot towards you, ended up doing 5, all of which shattered!! The watched the video again and it said dot AWAY from you!! 🙄 took an hour and a half!! Eventually did it at 9.45, clinic said fine to chance the time so did it at 8 this morning.

I feel really detached from this cycle, no idea why...

Hope you are all having a good week xx

·
Registered
66 Posts
@Lea86 thanks, it's indeed a relief and still surreal, now worried for the scan! 1 week until yours, exciting!  :)

@wilberdoo glad your DS and DH were able to see the scan, I thought because of Covid regulations they weren’t allowed? Must be so emotional to hear the little heart!  ^Heart^

@Dusky7 I felt the same on the last cycle, I think it’s normal and part of this roller-coaster to feel detached sometimes, hugs! ^hugme^

AFM I’m so anxious about the 1st scan, don’t know what to expect! ? I think this wait is worse than 2ww!

Btw I’ll keep pregnancy chat to the minimum in this thread (will post more on the pregnancy one), as I understand other ladies are still cycling and waiting for their outcome xx

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sorry, it has been so long replying! I have been at work at lot of the last couple of weeks. Looking forward to a couple of days off.

Blossom - Congrats on being PUPO  I have everything crossed for you ^pray^ Half way through! Hope the second week goes quickly. It must have been torture to slightly empty your bladder! I like you view on lockdown weight! I might go with that as well, it doesn't count and mysteriously disappears as lockdown ends. I hope the warm socks are doing the job.

Ruthie - Massive congrats on your  ^banana^ ^fairydust^, sorry you have had some brown bleeding. Sounds all very stressful, hope you the reassurance from everyone else has helped. You seem to have great beta results, maybe both embryos have nestled in.

Lea - I know your return to work was a week ago (sorry for the delay), sorry it was so awful and mega busy. I have had similar, missing drugs while on a shift. Hope the rest of your week at work has been better.

Dusky - Welcome, hope everything is going ok. I hope your baseline scan went well. Sorry you feel so detached from this cycle. I felt a bit the same, I think I was in a daze during my cycle. Sorry that your dad has been poorly.

Mouse - I'm sorry that your follicles are not responding to the stims and then you ended up in A&E, I'm glad that there was no gallstones. Gastroenteritis is still pretty awful. Hope you are feeling better. I work in paediatrics as well so definitely have a skewed view of reality sometime.

Pritamin - How is everything going? How did your scan go on Monday? Did you have. the endo scratch?

Wilberdoo - What a lovely way to tell your son! Such exciting times for you all. Don't be sorry about being honest about how you are feeling. Mental health is important to talk about and recognise how you are feeling, anxiety is normal, especially with pregnancy and IVF. Sending you lots of virtual  ^hugme^

Supermaria - Massive congrats for your  ^banana^ ^fairydust^ What an amazing story with low AMH and over 40.

AFM - Of course my period is late. It should have been here 3 days ago, I think judging by my EWCM the other day, it is going to be a good 1.5 weeks till my period comes. Between all the study and assessments I have to do for my current course, my DS is on school holidays and working is providing lots of distraction at the moment.

Sending everyone lots of  ^hugme^ ^dancing spot^

·
Registered
299 Posts
SuperMaria - my OTD was 2nd April and I did my test on 1st as I just couldn't wait the extra day and also wanted to know before the bank holiday. Exciting we have scans booked around the same time  :) I bet like me you can't wait. What other thread are you on, I too don't want to talk too much pregnancy on here as I appreciate others are still in waiting.

Lea - less than a week to your scan now, super exciting - can't wait to hear how it goes

Wilderboo - your scan sounds amazing and what a truly magical experience to be able to include your son. I'm with you re mental health mine has not been great either springing from having Leukemia as a 10 year old I think so my default position tends to be to think about the worst and I find it hard to be positive in case it all goes wrong (2 miscarriages don't help either).  That said I am going to do my best and the way I am currently coping is repeating to myself what will be will be and I can't impact it so I might as well be happy unless something happens.  This works most of the time unless I'm particularly tearful and anxious at which point I think its just best to accept how you feel and let it out.

Dusky - glad to hear the cycle is started and we have definitely all been there with the meds - even though I've done them so many times I always have moments of brain fog and get something a bit wrong. I think feeling detached with the cycle is a common thing that lots of women go through, I think sometimes we have to just compartmentalise to get through these things but am sure it will have zero impact on the success - I have good feelings for your cycle and believe it will go well. The short protocol is much kinder on your body in my experience.

Dojiejo - sorry to hear AF is running late, its always the way when you want to get started. Glad you are keeping distracted, you sound super busy so hopefully time flies for you.

AFM - I won't update much after today as I am conscious that I am very lucky and others are still in waiting. I had my bloods repeated yesterday which is 48 hours from previous and they have just over doubled going from 1674 to 3562 so it looks like for now all is going as it should. Still have no real symptoms but this should be enough to keep me feeling positive until 21st when I get my scan.

Sorry for anyone I have missed - sending each and every one of you love and  ^hugme^ xx

·
Registered
66 Posts
@dojiejo Thanks and hope your period arrives soon! So typical, it was the same for me at 1st cycle, it was late, arrived at 35 days instead of the usual 24 (and I've never been sooo late!). It's like the body knows you're up to something :)

@ruthie1710 I tested as well a day earlier than OTD as I didn't want to wait around all day for the clinic to call me, when I was also working! Better on the bank holiday weekend where I could digest the news in my own time ??? Yeah my 1st scan is around 22/23 of this month! ^pray^
For further pregnancy chat I'll join this BFP thread for the time being https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404875.30

Hugs and love to you all ^fairydust^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi all,

Pritamim....These two weeks wait has been quite emotional for me. I'm not sure what is going to be the outcome of these. I continue in hoping and praying. It is no longer to go now. How was your scan this week? I hope the endo scratch is not too bad. Let us know how did you get on.  ^hugme^

Mouse80....I am really sorry you had a medical emergency.  ^hugme^ It must be a horrible experience thankfully you are ok now. You seem to be quite realistic about your treatment and in the end of the day if you don't feel is right then do what your instinct tells you. I am sending you lots of prayers, good vibes and love. Hope your ovaries start waking up with good quality eggs. You deserve!  ^hugme^ ^pray^

Dusky7.....Finally the wait is behind! I wish you the ultimate best on your cycle.  ^hugme^ ^pray^

Ruthie... beautiful strong numbers there!  ^hugme^ I hope this helps you to feel more positive of how things are going inside. Sending you lots of prayers and good vibes for your next few weeks til you are able to see the heartbeat.  ^hugme^ ^pray^

Lea86.....Thanks for your best wishes. I think I will start testing tomorrow. I still don't have any test at home, I  hope getting some today. I also hope this message finds you well, soon you'll be able to have your first scan, not long now. ^hugme^ ^pray^

wilberdoo....what a lovely way to break the news to your DS. May you continue to have a healthy and strong pregnancy. ^pray^ The best way of addressing mental health is definitely talking about it. Thanks for sharing hope you seek some support if you feel you need. This IVF journey shakes us in ways that only our uniques experiences can tell. It is hard and difficult. I am glad I have an extensive support system like family, some friends and this platform to share some of the heavy load of emotions we carry during this journey. What you feel is valid and I hope soon you start having a positive perspective on your coming bundle of joy.  ^hugme^ ^pray^

Djiejo.....When we are waiting for the AF, it seems that it disappears.  ^bigbad^ It sounds you are pretty busy, hope that helps the time moving fast. I remember early last month mine took a week to come and I was so upset because for years it never come that late. I hope your arrive soon. xx

supermaria... Sending lots of love and good vibes while you are waiting for your scan.  ^hugme^

I hope I have't forgotten anyone.

AFM, the week has been so strange. On Tuesday,  I developed a cold and was sniffing and feeling a little strange. Wednesday I woke up so depressed that I barely left the bed. I cried my eyes out all day. Thursday had a roll with DH for several reasons that I thought I was 100% right but now I think maybe, just maybe I wasn't that right.  ::) :p Yesterday, I woke up slightly feeling better and with no sniffing or running nose. I had to forgive DH for what I thought he did.  ^idiot^ ;D  Today, I feel myself again. I feel I got my mind and body back.  ^idiot^ ;D It has been a crazy week. I would love to talk about some pregnancy symptoms but all that I had was a messed week with tiredness, a cold and depressed moments. I plan to test tomorrow but I don't know what to expect. I am keeping my hopes high though.  ^pray^

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Oh Blossom, sending you lots of love. Your last couple of days sound like right emotional mess but it could be good sign, you never know. I remember a friend of mine was really all over the place and had weird ups and downs and she even threw the remote control at her husband at one point. Her husband told her to take a pregnancy test because she is either pregnant or completely lost her marbles. Turned out she was pregnant. So I hope that is the case for you too :)
Fingers, toes, eyes and everything crossed for you for tomorrow.

SuperMaria - thank you for the breakdown of your cycles. So do you have one more frostie left or did you have two put back this time? I hope you have some nice things planned (as much as it's possible) until your first scan to take your mind off things.

Lea86 - not long until your scan now ^banana^

Wilberdoo - aaaaaw, that little heartbeat. It's a blooming miracle isn't it? how can a heart and then a human being develop out of a sperm and an egg? it's mind boggling.

Dusky - I remember feeling detached from cycles. It's our brains trying to protect us from the unknown I think. What a mare with the first injection!! When is your next scan?

Dojiejo - it's so typical that AF will make you wait when you want it to come. It's good though that you have a lot of distraction to keep your mind occupied.

Ruthie - i hope you're keeping well.

Mouse - how are you feeling?

AFM - My scan and endo scratch is this coming Monday. Honestly this cycle is the slowest ever. I can't believe i'm only about half way through. It feels so much longer since our embryos stopped developing. I also think I ovulated late this cycle (around day 18) so I don't think I'll have AF before 20th April....  :-\

Sorry if I missed anyone?

·
Registered
105 Posts
So I tested early... it is negative today. I will test again on 14/04 my OTD.  ^pray^

A good week ahead to everyone. xx

·
Registered
350 Posts
Blossom - Sorry that you’ve had a negative test today. BUT...please try to remain optimistic. I am part of a group on an app where a lady got her BFP the day after the clinic’s OTD. Sending you hugs and positivity  ^hugme^ ^pray^

Dusky - We all need a bit of self preservation once and a while. I’m sure that’s what the detachment is about. I was horrified to learn that all medication did not come prefilled 😂 your experience is something I can relate to. I’m sure you’ll be all over it now 😉

Supermaria - Of course it feels worse, although it’s around 2 weeks after OTD, it’s like 4 weeks of waiting really. Has your scan date been confirmed yet?

Dojeijo - I’ve been off work. I went back but it was just too manic. I think it was wilberdoo that spoke about MH and with having been stuck indoors for most of lockdown WFH, not travelled (I would holiday at least 3 times a year), additional work pressures due to the pandemic, now staffing issues and my anxiety about this upcoming scan it was all to much so I don’t plan on returning until a week Monday. Sounds like you’ve been really busy! Hopefully you’ll see AF really soon! Always the bloody way...you don’t want it and when you really do it’s late 🙄

Ruthie - Glad all is well, results are healthy.  Who needs symptoms when you’re bloods shown the doubling of numbers. All the best for 21st!

Pritamin - Wishing you all the best for tomorrow. That a little crappy you’re going to come later than expected! But, all in good time. How’s the reflexology been going?

AFM - Nothing to report! Glad the sun is shining, wish the temperature would pick up though 😊

·
Registered
66 Posts
@Pritamin yes I still have 1 frostie left, I didn’t put back 2 on this latest transfer. Looking back now, I wish the clinic froze more Day3 embryos instead of culture them until day 6 and then get discarded…out of those 5 embryos on the 2nd cycle, maybe some could have survived!  :(
Wishing you lots of good luck for the scan and endo scratch and hope AF comes earlier!  ^pray^

@Blossom_04  maybe the test was a bit too early, fingers crossed for a positive result on Wednesday! ^pray^

@lea86 gonna book the scan for Friday 23rd, it’s my day off work so I can chill out and deal with any good/bad news.  :)

Night night everyone and have a good start of the week! xx

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ah blossom  ^pray^ ^pray^ Hope it’s just taking its time lovely. What day did you test? It really seems to vary - mine was slower to show up this time. All crossed for you.

Lea  ^hugme^ The MH affects are huge. Good on you for taking some time out. And tbh I don’t have it as bad as you guys in the UK (I’m in Aus). But I think for me it’s the not being able to get home or have people visit which is getting to me. My UK friends and family seem very far away right now and I am also not living in a place where I know people - hoping to move later this year. I am so lucky to have a BFP and a great scan, yet I still don’t feel like it’s real and I feel very removed from it all. I’m going to see my GP this week or call my EAP - not sure if it’s the hormones or what but I feel so crap!  I just randomly cry. Sorry I just made this all about me  :-\

Super Maria good luck for your scan - this process  is just one long bloody wait!!!

Pritamin good luck today -what is an endo scratch? I see it mentioned a lot but never looked into it.

Dojiejo any sign of AF yet???  ^pray^

Love and  ^fairydust^ To everyone. I feel like after all this COVID crap a few BFPs isn’t a lot to ask for!!! Xxxx

·
Registered
414 Posts
ruthie - you numbers are looking strong. I hope that the wait till your scan on the 21st isn't to stressful.

Supermaria - I hope the wait for your scan on the 23rd isn't to stressful as well. Sounds like a great plan booking it for when you have a day off work, makes it less stressful.

Blosssom - What a mixed week of emotions, tiredness and a cold. I'm sorry that it was a negative when you tested, but it is early so I have everything crossed for tomorrow. I have disagreements with my DW where I am 100% sure I am right and hate it when after the fact I think about it and realise that maybe I wasn't entirely right.

Pritamin - The waiting is so hard, the days just seem to drag. When not having IVF treatment it feels that my AF comes around so quickly.

Lea - sorry if I got it confused about work. I am glad that you have more time off. It is so difficult for everyone WFH and being stuck indoors. It feels this lockdown has been more difficult than the first for a lot of people.

Wilberdoo - With everything going on in the World at the moment and all the pregnancy hormones zooming around your body, it isn't a surprise you feel how you do at the moment, go easy on yourself. The UK and Oz seem so far apart at the moment, especially when you don't have the family or friends around where you currently live. My mum was saying to my DW yesterday that the news was saying that international travel won't be back till 2024 from Oz! I really hope and also don't think this will be the case. I think the not knowing is what I struggle with. We always have the next visit with my family planned before we we leave from a visit.

AFM - I had my nurse appointment last week, which was slightly frustrating, but everything was sorted in the end. The plan is for a natural cycle which I thought meant no medication prior to transfer apart from progesterone support for the transfer. The person was trying to tell me I need to take I need to take norethisterone between d15-24 in month prior to my period to keep everything 'quiet'. Then nurse felt that I was being anti-medication and not wanting to take anything. All has worked out, she has spoken to my consultant who is happy for me not to take norethisterone and has said I can call on the start of my period I am waiting for! So I can potentially when AF finally arrives, which is earlier than waiting for my May period, which is great! However I have a massive head cold and feel like rubbish so may end up waiting for my May period anyway! Still no signs of my period which should have arrived around 8 days ago!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi all,

Wilberdoo.... I'm finally testing tomorrow. I'm so excited right now. ^afro^ I totally agree with you with all the last year covid stress BFP's should be a must to everyone!!!! ^pray^

dojiejo.....I know the feeling when you start realising yourself that you overreact/ or when guilt conscious kicks in.  ;D These days I can always blame the hormones.  ;) I am glad my DH and I  are the total opposites. I am certainly not the calm one!!!  ^eyes^ I'm really happy for you that you will be able to have the natural FET. I'm not against meds either but if I can, I would use only the necessary just as you. Let's hope now your AF comes quick because over a week waiting is horrible. Thinking of you!!! xx

Lea86......SuperMaria..... thank you both for your sweet words of encouragement.

AFM. I returned to work yesterday. The last two days went so fast and I really enjoyed. Yesterday, I was a bit shuttered as a consequence of  me being in the house for four weeks doing almost nothing.  I was moving from sofa, to bed and to the kitchen chair.  ::) Working helps me. It is nice to solve someone else problem and forget your own.
Tomorrow is a big day for us - OTD! I am so positive today that the last two days things might have change for the better.  ^pray^ ^pray^

Sending lots of love and good vibes to you all.

^fairydust^

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi Ladies

So annoying that I haven’t been able to post with this update malarkey!

Blossom - I hope you woke up to a BFP this morning 🤞

Dojiejo - Well done for sticking your ground and doing the cycle the way you want. I hope you don’t have to do the additional wait time to start.

Wilberdoo - Don’t be silly! There has been some tough times for all. I’m isolated from friends and family having moved hours away for my husbands work so lockdown hasn’t been the easiest. You don’t sound ungrateful, just struggling emotionally and there’s nothing wrong with that!

Supermaria - Yeah Friday makes sense and having the rest of the day to yourself! It’s only just over a week away now. What an exciting but anxious wait!

AFM - Scan was fine thankfully, I somehow convinced myself it was an eptopic ^idiot^ but was told my ovaries are still enlarged and one ovary (left) is supporting the pregnancy which is where I was having funny feelings. Discharged from clinic now and now over to GP to refer to community midwife. First time during this whole treatment my DH was there with me! So pleased we shared that together.

Wishing the rest of you so much hope, positivity and ^fairydust^

·
Registered
76 Posts
Blossom, how are you doing?

Ruthie, how was your SP different, as far as I can see I just wasn’t on the pill for as long and waited for day 2 of period instead of being given a specific date for Buserelin. I hope these next few days fly by for you. Thanks so much for your good feeling x

Dojiejo, thank you x I hope your period comes very soon.

I hope everyone else is ok, sorry for lack of personals, I always intend to go on PC so I can see better and never have yet 🙄

Right, must get on and do Buserelin and Menopur. Have scan at 12 today, I am feeling so anxious about it, was getting night sweats, headaches, nausea etc as I always do and these stopped the other day and I have been bleeding, not loads but a few days worth, old and new, and I just have a horrid feeling...

·
Registered
76 Posts
That was meant to go at 8am this morning 🙄😆

I have 17 follies 😀 am so pleased, had a horrid feeling nothing would be there! It’s more than I had on our last, more even at this stage that with our first one... DH said he’s worried about OHSS again (was in hospital for 2 weeks with it when pregnant with DD, was really bad and very scary), but surely I can’t get that at my ripe old age of 42...?

My lining is 11.7...
Fibroid was 2cm but is now 4x3, praying it won’t get in the way 🤞
That’s fantastic news Lea, so happy for you 😀👍

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thinking of you Blossom x

161 - 181 of 190 Posts