Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1330 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

We should be starting our first ICSI cycle in March/April.  I am waiting for AF so that I can have my blood tests done, and then wait for my next AF (which might be 6-8 weeks/or however long it likes) until I can start to take the pill.

Am nervous/excited/scared/ and about a million other emotions as well  ^confused^ ^confused^ ^confused^

Would love to here from anybody starting at a similar time.

xx
^fairydust^

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi i will be starting icsi  in march if  things  go according to plan it will be my 2nd  i cant wait to start .i know whats  in  store  for me so nothing  want  be scary i know what to expect xxx

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Steph & Lady,

I'm due to start 2nd ICSI in March.

Starting to feel excited & nervous again.

Good luck

Debs xx

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Steph, Lady and Debbie,
I'm due to start IVF in Exeter sometime in March/April depending on how well I recover from op. on 11/02 and cycles etc. I've not done this before so got lots to learn from what I see on here !!!  :eek:

Good luck to everyone, and glad you've started this thread Steph ^afro^

Hopefully 2005 will be lucky for us all,

Love Rachel xx   ^daisy^

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya Debbie & Lady

I'm still waiting for my AF - have seen spotting for the last few day so I know it's coming.  I just wish it would arrive so that I can go for my blood tests!!!

Do you have to have the blood tests again for the 2nd cycle?  (sorry if I sound naive, this has really been confusing me lately)

Sometimes I think 'this will be fine, I'm ok with the treatment/procedures/etc' and then other times I think about it & I get completely freaked out and burst into tears!  Ho hum

xx ^fairydust^

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Steph,

All of the emotions are perfectly normal.  I was an absolute mess for about 2 weeks before my last tx started.

My clinic doesn't require me to do the blood tests again. It seems a lot more relaxed 2nd time round.

Take care

Debs xx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

I wish I could get to the blood tests!!! I just keep spotting! ^reiki^ I have put a post on the Ask a Nurse section to see what they think, coz I don't think I can have the blood tests if I'm not bleeding properly.

Everyday I think I'm starting, see a little & then nothing!! Ho hum

Speak to you later

^fairydust^

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi all,
Gonna have to come out of this March/April cyclers  :mad:
just heard for the clinic this am that I have to wait 6 weeks after op. before i can start the pill , only wish they'd said this before, i've been booked in for this op. for long enough now!!....never mind , we'll get there one day i hope.
They've told me June for EC now......so i'll be off to that cycle (when it's posted!!)
Good luck to you all,
Love Rachel xxx ^daisy^

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to hear that Rachel - at least you should be nice and healed for that cycle  ^hugme^  I know it's a pain in the orifice waiting.

I've been waiting for just over a week for AF so that I can have my days 2, 3 & 4 blood tests & it's finally arrived!!! woo hoo!!  I called the hosp this morning to make appointments to have them done over the weekend.

OMG things are finally starting to happen - scary!!  ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Steph,
Thanks for your reply ;) It soooo helps telling people who understand the real frustrations with all the waiting.
Well done with AF arriving (not usually what one wants !!! ;D) and you can now get on with the bloods etc.
Good luck with it all,
Now I really will disappear form this thread !!

Take care ,
Rachel xx ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Everybody !!!  Please can I join you ? !  :)

I never thought I would be posting on a Cycle Buddies thread.  I have always felt I would always be waiting and not actually have tx ever !!!!!  :mad:

We have decided to have our tx in Spain at Ruth's clinic Ceram in Marbella.  We need donor eggs so the waiting over here is just to long and stressful for me  :(   

I am seeing my GP this afternoon to arrange all our bloods to be done, and assuming the results don't take ages, we should be able to start after my next af, 4 weeks time.  Then they will match me to a donor, and start her tx !!!!!!  :)  I am guessing that that will make me a March/April Cycler !

I am nervous but excited - this is our first tx so not entirely sure what to expect but have learned a lot from this fab site !

Loads of Babydust to all March/April buddies

Lots of Love
Jennifer xx xx

ps - Hi again Steph !  We have bumped into eachother on this site before !

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hiya Jennifer!

I'm nervous too!!  ^confused^  Sometimes when I think about tx I'm fine, and other times it freaks me out completely!!  ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^ ^scared^My AF came today so I have my blood tests 2moro, Sat & Sun.  I can't wait for my next AF so that I can start the ball rolling properly.  The annoying this is that my AF is so irregular it could 4 weeks it could be 8 weeks - grrrrr!  Who'd be a girl?!

xx

^fairydust^

PS - just being nosy - how much is it going to cost you doing it in Spain?

·
Registered
115 Posts
;)
Hi to you all
Hope you don't mind me joining in - I think I will be cycling with you all.  I've got my nurse consultation on 2nd March so I think that means I will start tx March/April.
I'm really excited now - it's finally starting to happen. It will be my first IVF/ICSI so not sure how it will be emotionally yet etc, but its got to be worth it if it works hasn't it!
speak to you all soon.
Dee x

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Deidre, welcome !

Excellent !  The more the merrier, except I will forget who everyone is if there is loads of us, I have a notoriously poor memory  ^help^ !

So far then, we have

Steph
Debbie
Lady
Jennifer
Deidre
and Rachel for a while but she moved  :(

I think I can just about keep up so far !

^fairydust^

Lots of Love
Jennifer xx xx

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Wow it's getting busy here already,

Rachel - Good luck for your June tx.  ^goodluck^

Steph - Woo hoo  ^banana^ bet this is the 1st time in a while you've been glad to see AF.  Good luck with your blood tests.

Deirdre & Jennifer - Welcome to the thread. 

Jennifer - Spain sounds interesting.  Is it expensive ???

Deirdre - It is very emotional but this is the best place for all of your questions.  No matter how trivial they may seem  ^reiki^

Well i got my prescription yesterday and it looks like they are going to double my gonal F (Stims) from last time.  I have to start the pill on the 1st day of my March period then down regging immediately following on from that.

Ok enough waffle from me.  Hope everyone is well.

Take care

Debbie

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi girls how r  u all i went to to see my consultant  on thursday and he wants me to take menopur  instead  of  gonal f i took that the first time round and  only got 22 folices  but  only 6 eggs. this  icsi is  emotional rollercaster for  me i was suppose to have fet in january but  my embies didnt survive and  hopefully it will work  i will be d/r  in the first week of  march not sure what day all depends  on af . well goodluck to u all xxxx

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
^fairydust^
Hi everyone - I'm Heather - I'd joined the feb/march cycle buddies but thinking about it and the way my period is going i think could be well into March before things get started. I am having my first IVF having had a load of IUIs before. At start of year was feeling very positive and relaxed and well. Now full of the cold/energyless/and a bit miserable. Struggling with three pregnant colleagues at work and so many comments about our office not having sick building syndrome but having "baby making syndrome". Guess my energy will pick up again. On a positive note discovered our drugs are much less costly that consultant estimated - some good news!!! :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi all

Hope i can be added to this thread, waiting for AF due round middle of Feb, got to start injecting 21 days after, very nervous about injecting, thanks for your advice Debs, will try to stay positive :)

Seems nothing but a waiting game - do you all feel the same?

Les X

PS  hope you don't mind another name being added to your list Jennifer?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello Everyone

Can I join in too please?

I had my first IVF in December and got a BFN on Xmas Day  ::)

My second af has just started today and I need to wait for one more and I can go again.  So, I should be d/r in March for ET in April.

For those having your first go I really didnt find it as hard as I thought I would.  My only advice would be try to take one day at a time and dont get too bogged down with the whole thing.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

L xx

1 - 20 of 1330 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.