Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there
just wondering if anyone has had any side effects taking marylin glenville supplements?

my dh has been taking the fertility plus for men capsules for about a week now, and seems to be feeling quite naseous with them...obviously it could be an unconnected bug - but we were just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

any comments welcome (we want to keep on with them obviously, as so many of you have had success!!)

thanks, ruby k and rich xx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

A cheaper option seemed to do the trick for us and husband tolerated it very well.

I bought him some selenium and multivitamins from Boots, stuck him on an organic diet with lots of veg, and cut down his alcohol levels. It seems to work for us as I noticed an improvement in his levels.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Ruby
My DH takes the Marilyn Glenville supps and has reported no probs. In fact, its me who feels a bit dicky when I take the Fertility Plus for Women - the stuff they coated with makes me gag (sorry!). Has he been taking them long?

Jo

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi there
thanks for replying guys! this site is so great.

he's only been taking them for about a week - and as I say, it could just be a bug. I've no idea really - i was just wondering if nausea was a side effect which anyone else had experienced...if it doesn't clear up we could try the multi vits and selenium.
thank you again.
any more comments gratefully received xx

·
Registered
913 Posts
DP and I have been taking the supplements along with vit C and linseed oil with no side effects other than very yellow urine for the last 8 months!

LindaJane
:)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dear all
just to let you all know that dh definitely had a tummy bug, and not an adverse reaction to the supps. He is now back on the supps and doing great with them!
(loads of energy!)
love ruby k xx

·
Registered
12 Posts
The vits do make your pee glow in the dark.
I had no side effects in fact i've never felt better than when taking them.
Got a bit thirsy occasionally though..
B. Rub

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I've just started taking Fertility Plus for Women and wonder whether I continue with folic acid as well?

Also, strange but true, does it have any wierd symptoms because my urine seems greener than normal...TMI but I have to ask. If it's not connected then I'll have to investigate further!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Wisbabe

DH and I are on the MG tabs too and our wee is DEF bright yellow  :) So perfectly normal.

As for taking FA aswell. The MG tabs contain the RDA for folic acid so you don't need to take a second tablet. Not sure what would happen if you did tho.....

T
x

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Yep - i think its the vit b that gives you the funny wee colour. its completely normal. you'd get it even if you just took vit b tabs.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Thanks for your replies - it just started immediately I started the tablets so I wasn't sure something would happen that quickly!! Please don't think I make a habit of studying these things too closely... ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hiya,

I've just bought the Marilyn Glenville book and have also started taking the vitamin tablets she recommends, my husband is also doing it as well.  Anywas we've sent off for a hair analysis test today and we've got an appointment with the clinic at the end of September, just wondering how everyone finds the diet, I've started buying organic fruit & veg and dairy products but its hard to buy everything organic as I'm a pretty fussy eater anyways.  Has anyone got any good hints and tips on what should be done for the best.

Also has anyone actually been to the clinic for a consultation and if so did you find it helped.

I am doing this because I've been told that my eggs are bad quality so thought maybe this would help as if I can I'd prefer not to use a donor but then if that's my only option at the end then so be it.  Dh is also taking the vits as he has a blockage so has to have tesa meaning his sperm isn't gonna be the best.

Do you think I'm doing the right thing.  At the end of the day this IVF business costs so much and I don't want to be throwing money away left right and centre if you know what I mean.

Any advice or positive response would really be appreciated.

Love
Paula
xxx

·
Registered
112 Posts
I will be starting my first IVF cycle in the next couple of months and was wondering if anyone has tried the Marilyn Glenville vitamins Fertility Plus for Women. Are they ok to take?

Susan

·
Registered
198 Posts
Susan

I used the MG vits for my first (and successful) IVF cycle - after 5 failed IUI cycles (not taking the vits)... I know of at least 3 other people who have got pg the first cycle they were taking the vits (even if they had unsuccessful treatment before)... ideally you need to take them for a few months before you start txt.

I don't know whether they actually made a difference (I was also having acupuncture & homeopathy) - but I wanted to feel that I was doing all I could to boost my chances...

They are quite expensive but worth giving a go if it potentially increases your chances of success...

By the way, they make your pee bright yellow -  ;)

Lots of luck with your txt & tonnes of babydust...

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Sal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks Sal

That's good to know ( The succesful treatment not the yellow pee!!)

Did your partner take them too??

Susan

·
Registered
117 Posts
Unfortunately I suspect the yellow pee was the body chucking out the vits since it did not need them anyway .I am afraid I am sceptical of vits/special diets etc if the advice does not come from a doctor .I have copied a review on Marilyn Glenville's  book from Amazon which is along similar lines (except I would forget any exta vits other than folic acid and the iron my doctor prescribed me after getting my blood test results).

Don't Bother With This One, June 9, 2003
Reviewer: A reader from London 
If you are trolling Amazon looking to educate yourself about infertility, don't put this in your cart. Marilyn Glenville trades on the current climate of fear and lists hundreds of things that may or may not cause infertility. The only certain thing is that you will be scared to eat anything or do anything or go anywhere if you read this book. So don't. I appreciate that organic-food-vitamin-supplement types usually adhere to their views as articles of faith, but the rest of us would like some backing besides a few meager 1950's studies. You can learn what she tells you about diet, vitamins and supplements from any one of a dozen websites committed to fertility. Her detail is sparse and she - unforgivably- tries to bully you into lifestyle changes without concommitant medical proof.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hiya

We have for both cycles followed the rough guidelines suggested both by Foresight and Marylin Glenville.

There are aspects which, I belive are useful and those which, we ignored or amended as they impacted lifestyle too much

We removed caffine and alcohol.
We ate primarily organic food but did not get obsessed about eating it all the time, just when practical.
We took the vitamins.  Physically I have no evidence they helped but mentally I felt I was doing all I could to help things along, that was the most important aspect for me.
Drinking 2ltrs water a day.

Essentially it comes down to eat a healthy diet watching the additives etc.

I didn't have any brightly coloured pee.... just perfectly normal

Good luck and take care

Clare

·
Registered
112 Posts
thanks all for responding to my post. Different opinions do help and it gives you something to think about.

thanks a lot

Susan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Susan P,
My sister and her husband went to see Marilyn Glenville after trying to conceive naturally for a few years and being classed as having "unexplained fertility".  After a few months (9?) of taking the recommended vitamins and following lifestyle changes, she became pregnant.  Their son is now 4 years old and very healthy.  She believes this is what helped give her the edge and certainly looked glowing with health after following the programme.

They ate organic food, cut out caffeine and alcohol, took supplements especially zinc, exercised regularly, etc.

This may not have been scientifically proven, but my sister and her partner felt healthier and more positive than they had in years, which counts for a lot. 

Hoping this hasn't confused you more?
xPatrice

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks Patrice, I haven't purchased them yet but think I will log on to the site and do so shortly. Worth a try !!!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts