Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking in to taking the Marilyn Glenville supplements. Is is worth DH taking them too or just me (going ICSI)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hiya Lolly,

it is definately worth DH taking the vits.Especially as you are going down the ICSI route.It will make sure DH sperm will hopefully be as good as it can be for fertilization.

Hope this helps,

Love Em

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Had meeting at IVF clinic yesterday and they said to take Pregnacare. They didn't mention Marilyn Glenville - Now not sure what to do for the best - Any suggestions. As you've probably guessed, nervous 1st timer!

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi we are also first timers at icsi,still waiting for word on treatment start date.
I have been taking pregnacare for the past 2 years as recomended by my GP. I have just heard about this marilyn Glenville for the first time.
Should we start it and where do i get it? :-\

·
Registered
122 Posts
:) Hi I've just read about Marilyn too. We've just had our first failure at IVF using donor sperm & I thought I might give M a try. I did a quick website check & found details of her book & supplements just type her name Marilyn Glenville into say google & you should find it OK Good Luck ::)

·
Registered
872 Posts
louise,

Natural Solutions to infertility by Marilyn Glenville has all the info you need in it.Tells you all about diet,vits etc.

Good Luck
Love Em

·
Registered
11 Posts
hiya elle, i bought the maralyn glenville Natural solutions to infertility and its really good i would reccomend it also have the vitamins too for both myself and for dp. send me a pm if you would like the site where i got them from
Jo

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Elle

Just to wish you all the luck with the MG book.

After two failed ICSI I got the book, read it and sent away for the vits (dh and I both took them). 

I also took Agnus Castus (read about it in the book) due to my rising FSH levels.  I thankfully have been one of the success stories and conceive naturally before going for our 3rd cycle (I decided to follow the regime and take her vits to boost out bods for the next cycle.)

I did try buying the vits through a local herbal shop but the strengths were not as good as the vits you but from MG herself.

Good luck. 

Barbara

·
Registered
229 Posts
Barbara  - thanks for your post. it really does help

elle  - happy reading! i've just gone mad and ordered 3 books from amazon inc MG one!

wizz

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Hello Girls

Have just been reading your posts re: Marilyn Glenville and cost of vitamins etc.  I have been taking the vits as recommended by her for the last 3 months but DIY-ing it.  I have found that it can work out quite expensive to DIY it too so may be worth costing it out to see which is cheaper.  I am considering buying her stuff from now on as I keep running out of different tablets and having to go shopping!

Now to get back to the point of my post, which was to share a money saving tip and tell you about 'Wellman' vitamins.  I bought some for my DH from Tesco and they seem to contain all of the MG stuff (needed to up the vit C and zinc and add some flaxseed) but are only about £8 for a months' supply (as opposed to MG's £25).  DH says they taste foul but when I told him he had the choice of that or going back to about 8 different tablets a day he soon shut up! 

Hope I have been of use  :)

Fluffs xx

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Hiya

Just to let you know I've just found another website that does Dr Glenville fertility plus, its the same price as her site, but they do free p+p in the uk.  Not much I know, but it all mounts up if you order monthly!

Its www.nutrient.co.uk.  I've just ordered mine from there this time.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Thanks for the link Flowerpot! You're right, every little helps - as they would say at Tesco!

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Really want to know what makes Dr Glenville's any different to the ones like like fluffy bunny says at Tesco - seem to contain everything MG ones do. 

Vitamins and all sorts of similar things contain exactly the same ingrediients but prices vary dramatically - why? and whats the difference?

Don't want to annoy anyway but very curious. 

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Hi everyone,

It might be a bit late to tell you this but Marilyn Glenville will be talking at The Vitality Show In London's Olympia between 2 and 2:30PM this Saturday and Sunday.

Details are available at :

http://www.thevitalityshow.co.uk/content/attractions/dynamic.asp?id=7

You do get the chance tp ask her questions as well :)

Take Care
Audrey

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Sorry, I didn't see this message till now but I wouldn't have made it anyway!

Did you go Audrey?

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Hi Flowerpot,

Hope you are well. DH and I went although we missed Marilyn's talk we did manage to chat to her afterwards! I asked her how she thought butrition contributed towards fertility and what she thought I should change in order to increase our chances. One of the things she told us that we didn't know was that vitamins only stay in your body for 6 hours so we should be eating frequently and/or taking vitamin supplements during the day. She also suggested some snacks that DH had during the day to increase his fertility ( brazil nuts etc and mini salads ). She also suggested I buy her book  ;D I will buy her book but I generally follow the advice of Zita West's book. I suppose another book can't hurt !

Take Care
Audrey

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Hi Audrey

Thats great that you got a chance to have a quick chat with her! 

So if the vits only stay in the body for 6 hours, is that why she suggests snacking too?  my d/h has her vits but takes after his tea.  I take my Pregnacare then too.

I bet she suggested to buy her book!!!  ;D

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I hope you are well xxx

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Hi Flowerpot,

yes she said that snacking on vitamin dense food ( fruit, salad ) would ensure there was a steady stream of vitamins in the body. I also remember she said to drink a glass of water about 20 minutes before eating - she said this would help digestion and improve the bodys ability to use the vitamins. She confirmed that we should take vitamin pills after food. We are trying her suggestions so we'll see if they make any difference!  :)

Audrey

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Thanks Audrey  :)
I definitely do the snacking on fruit/salad thing as i've always got stuff in work to nibble on so i avoid the chocolate machine  :p
Me and d/h take our vits after tea so thats good and I also drink water before/with dinner.  Thanks again  ^afro^
Hope you are ok xxx

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
sparkle38 said:
She also suggested some snacks that DH had during the day to increase his fertility ( brazil nuts etc and mini salads ).
Audrey

We tried to get brazil nuts at christmas and was told by many places that they have now been banned due to the oils in the shell being harmful - have you been able to get hold of any since you were told this?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts