Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thread for everybody undergoing treatment in May and June 2022.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Everyone

I just got cleared today to go ahead for my FET! I have no tubes, but got my daughter from my first IVF cycle. Since then I had to have my c section repaired, and I have had to have a miscarriage. My last three transfers were cancelled due to lining related issues. I really hope this is my turn to give my daughter a sibling. I look forward to connecting with others cycling now too! Also, my embryo is PGS tested!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey @Melissa87 I will be starting my first IVF cycle soon! Just waiting for AF to show up then will start down reg on CD21. We will be doing IVF with 50/50 ICSI split depending on how many eggs are retrieved. And all being well a fresh 5 day transfer 🤞🏼🤞🏼.

It’s lovely to hear your first cycle was successful and you got your daughter! How old is she now? Sorry to hear of your MC - we had one in 2017 but not a single BFP since 😓 it’s so heart breaking. Really hoping this is our chance!

will they be doing anything different this FET to improve your lining? Really hope it all goes well for you. And it’s great that your embryo is PGS tested. Do you have a start date yet?

looking forward to sharing this journey xx

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey @Emz7986 thats awesome you are doing your first ivf ! It’s so exciting! What do you mean by a 50/50 split ?

Thanks ! Sorry about your MC too! It is so heartbreaking! I had no idea how hard it was to lose a baby until I lived it. I was so sad I got a birthstone ring with the birthstone of my due date on it. I just felt like it was a small memorial for our baby. It helps me a little.

after my MC I switched fertility clinics. I am so glad we did that. First thing they recommended was testing the embryos and that was worth it. We had 9 and only 3 were normal one mosaic and one inconclusive. They also tried different things with medicine and I had 3 different problems stopping a transfer. So this time we are going to be doing what for my daughter and also what I did when the MC happened. I did have two failed transfers too but that was most likely just the embryos given that less were normal then expected. I should get my period soon and then I’ll start.

m’y daughters 2.5. But between covid failed transfers and the MC it’s been almost two years of trying since. I am so sorry for your lack of a bfp since 2017! Is that why you are doing ivf ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey @Melissa87 it is super exciting! I got my protocol today also and now just feel massively anxious as it’s getting sooooo real! Also kinda shocked that my starting stim dose seems quite high (menopur 375ui) which is also making me anxious but I guess they know what they r doing!

so with the 50/50 split if they retrieve over 12 eggs they will do half standard IVF and half ICSI and under 12 will be all ICSI. My consultant recommended it due to not having any success for 4 years.
I guess they want to help get a good level of fertilisation which i am happy about. Last year I had 8 medicated cycles and then 3 medicated IUIs all BFN. So hence the IVF as all the less invasive treatments were unsuccessful.

aw that’s so lovely that you did something special to remember your lost little one 🥰🥰

that must be reassuring knowing you are going to be following the same protocol that gave you a successful outcome and even better knowing you will be transferring a normal PGS tested embryo.

Im sorry to hear of your unsuccessful transfers. I really hope this round is positive for you!

let’s hope AF arrives soon for both of us so we can get started! It’s all so much waiting around it makes me a little crazy sometimes 😂😂

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey @Emz7986

I am sorry to hear of all your failures too! It's super hard! But it's exciting about IVF! That is a high dose! I was on 150 Menpour and I think 300 gonal f for my last round!

It is for sure I am thinking positive between that and knowing it's a good embryo I feel good!

I know waiting for AF is so hard when you want it! I feel like before my first transfer right now again when I was constantly thinking about it because its hard to think of anything else. Mine should have been here this morning but I swear being excited makes it delayed! It can't actually but it always seems that way!

I really hope this round is positive for you!!

When are you expecting AF?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yea I thought it was high! So I’m hoping for a good response as my AFC and AMH are average for my age - I’m 35 btw lol. Did u respond well to menopur? I was on gonal-f for my IUIs a tiny dose (37.5) and always had 1-2 good sized follicles, but I’ve changed consultants so don’t know what to expect with this new medication - I think that’s why I’m so anxious but also excited to finally getting started!

I know what you mean about AF arriving lol when you actually want it to come it’s always late 😂😂 normally we don’t want to arrive but now our treatment depends on it! My last cycle was only 23 days so if that’s anything to go by mine should arrive in the next few days 🤞🏼🤞🏼 Already getting cramps on and off so hoping it’s on it’s way lol.

I totally get what you mean it’s so hard not to think about it like all the time! So glad you are excited to get going and I hope yr AF also arrives ASAP! Sending lots of positive AF vibes yr way!

I’m trying to be optimistic but I’m so used to BFN that it feels like it’s all il ever see! I’m also acutely aware that for many it does take several attempts. I think I will be happy if I get a good blast to transfer and one to freeze at this stage. Feel like that’s not too much to ask for 😂😂

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am 34 but I turn 35 in September. My AFC and AMH are average. My last IVF was in December and I had 25 follicles and 15 eggs but only 6 fertilized. I had one day 5 and 3 day 6. One was normal one was mosiac and one was inconclusive. I had two normal from a previous cycle.

Oh me too. I feel like in the 6 years of baby making time the only thing that's gone right is my daughter. Bad news seems to be the norm but I am cautiously optimistic and you should be too!

I feel like AF is right there! The interesting thing is one of my friends from my MAT leave whose daughter and my daughter are days apart has a son whose turning one this weekend. We are supposed to go to the party if I don't have my day 3 ultrasound. Its a bit sad because I still remember when I was a bit jealous when she got pregnant with her son. Its sad for my daughter because shes asking for a baby, I think because her friends have siblings. I just say I am trying, I want that too. I don't really know how to respond to a two year old when they ask those sorts of questions.

How many children do you want?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello everyone, well i had my FET cancelled earlier this month due to poor lining was on oestrogen orally.
Today I have started again, oral oestrogen and dr added in a patch in addition to Vit E And CQ10 supplements daily. Fingers crossed that makes a difference !! Have a scan next week so hopefully much better this time around.
Wishing you all good luck, and hope we all get our BFP

·
Registered
33 Posts
@Melissa87 i think I have IVF brain already I’m actually 34 😂😂 35 in June which is when my EC and ET will be, making myself older than I am!! 😂 that sounds like you had a good response! I am hoping for more than 12 as I’d be really interested to see if there is a difference in fertilisation rates between the standard IVF and ICSI. Hope you don’t mind me asking what a mosaic is? Never heard of that before.

im so glad u are optimistic, I think once I know I’ve got some fertilised eggs il deffo be more positive it’s the unknown that’s killing me!

it’s totally ok to feel how your are feeling about the party it’s bound to be triggering and I can’t even begin to imagine how you would explain things to your daughter either but hopefully if things go well with your FET you can give her some amazing news! I always thought I’d have 2 children but at this stage even having one would be a dream. I see DH with all his nieces and nephews and I know he would be the most amazing dad it literally breaks my heart I haven’t been able to make him a dad yet.

welcome @hare1 so sorry to hear you have also had cancelled FET. It’s so frustrating when your body doesn’t do what you want it too! It’s good your Dr has changed things and added additional oestrogen, really hope this works for you and you get some good news for your scan next week! I am also taking vit E and CQ10 among other supplements in the hope of getting some good quality eggs. Why did your Dr add these in for you If you don’t mind me asking? Feel like there is so much to learn in this process!

hope you guys are having a lovely day xx

·
Registered
76 Posts
@Emz7986

it’s a abnormal embryo that is almost normal. Meaning that it can self correct. The ideal world would not involve me using it at all because of the risk but you never know.

That would be hard with your dh. I am sure you will feel some of that almost guilt like feeling with this process it’s so hard. My husband had 4 brothers and always wanted a big family. I had one but I grew up determined to not raise an only child. I turn 35 in September so we are essentially the same age. I keep getting told I’m not old but I do know what you mean how it’s hard to not feel that way when there’s been so much negativity.
M’y big advice would be with ivf is to celebrate the little things, like a lot of follicles or the number of eggs etc. Because for me there was a lot of disappointment like losing eggs as the days pass etc.
I hope you girls are having a good day too! I am at work right now and these messages are a wonderful distraction :) I am really glad I found this forum. It’s really nice to talk to people who understand

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi ! its a rollercoaster ride we are all on ! good to have this support network to help each other get through it. Dr said Vit E and CQ10in combination are good to help the lining up and overall health! I have one embryo left so this is it the last chance. I'm 42 have a DD from a fresh IVF cycle nearly 7 years ago, but with covid etc we left it on long finger and only getting round to it now. Fingers crossed for all of us that our protocols work

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh she's asking all the time!! It's hard on her own bless her but she's happy too it would be amazing to tell her she has a sibling coming soon. Everything's crossed for us all ladies this is our time 🙏

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh for sure!! I really hope so! It’s super nice to talk to you ladies ! The Canadian forum I was on before my daughter is pretty much dead . So I’m really happy I found this one !
Yes I hope so ! I really miss being pregnant!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know what you mean, things the best forum I used for my daughter too found it great.
I loved being pregnant too was such an amazing feeling , hope we get to experience it again. Keep our positive side up and you never know.
Wow all the way in Canada! Greetings from Ireland 🇮🇪 😀

1 - 20 of 270 Posts