29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Home...........New list

^fairydust^ ^spot^ ^fairydust^ ^spot^

Janer 1st IVF May/June ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Yfinlayson 1st ICSI May....Appt 14/04 ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Spirit 2nd IVF/ICSI now delayed until June ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Eeyore1972 1st Eggshare IVF delayed until July ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Deirdre 1st ICSI Pre stim scan 17/05 Prostap 1st day of AF ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Choccolatti 2nd FET mid-end May ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Wanda 1st IVF May co-ordination appt 07/04 ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Kelly24 1st IVF May (injection lesson 12/04) ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Noodle 1st IVF May ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Tikki 1st ICSI May - Nurse appt 08/04 ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Anne_7 1st IVF May ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Absfabs IVF Start D/R synarel mid may ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sambez 1st Eggshare IVF May ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^fairydust^ ^spot^ ^fairydust^ ^spot^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
111 Posts
^ladybird^

Hi everybody!

Welcome to another week! - how quickly is time going now please.

Wow - there are heaps of us now - how exciting!! Hope you are all ok and had a good weekend.

I am currently waiting for AF (why does it never come when you want it?!) so I can start taking the pill, then I should get my appointment - can't wait to have the injection lesson, I know that DH is going to chicken out, not quite sure how we will cope but I guess we just have to.

Keep smiling everyone  ^babyface^

Kate x

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi  Ladybirds

Hope you have all had a good weekend ..

Wow , the list certainly keeps growing  .. Its so nice having people to turn to that know exactly how you are feeling  ..

A quick question please .. Has everyone stopped drinking and smoking already .. I havent  !! .. I have really cut the cigarettes right down ( only a couple a day ) and I dont drink during the week , but I must admit I do have a
few at weekends  ..  I just think that once the drugs start it will be a complete no no , ( or can you drink ? ))
so the odd tipple now surely cant hurt , can it ??!!!!

Just wondered because everyone else seems so healthy !!

Wanda
X X                        p.s  I am taking Folic acid daily ..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Wanda,

Sounds like you are having a bit of a panic like me.

Well, I asked when I went for my last appointment and the general attitude was "a little of what you fancy does you good!!" - ie a glass of wine here and there wont do you any harm.

Having said that I have not had a drink for 2 months now and I have cut out caffeine too. I know this isn't completely necessary but my trouble is that i can't stop at one glass - it's pretty much all or nothing  ;D

I am sure that you will be absolutely fine chuck, it's just so frustrating waiting and not being able to do anything isn't it?!

kate x   ^daisy^

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hi Wanda, Kate and everyone,

I do think the little of what you fancy attitude is the general thinking amongst the professionals and it is perhaps binge drinking that we should be avoiding. Don't know about you but I have certainly found that I do not cope so well the next day after a binge drinking session anymore so tend to avoid that anyway...

Saying that I have been pretty tea total since new year with the odd glass probably once a fortnight (boring....) Haven't been able to manage no caffeine though but surely it is fine to have one small vice otherwise life is very dull..........

^wave^
Take care,
Tikki. xx

·
Registered
111 Posts
... you are so right Tikki!!

I have become addicted to cake! It's almost like I am overcompensating for having no alcohol. At this rate I am going to put on weight before I have even started the treatment!!

Still - all good fun!!  ^afro^

·
Registered
416 Posts
hi there again just thought i would pop in to see how everyone is doing Anne- this is my first time i am going to have icsi at ninewells Dundee it was a complete shock that i am starting treatment as i thought i would be starting in august but a letter and my first lot of drugs arrived last week without and warning but i am so glad that they have as i can get started now. Anyway hope everyone is well and keeping calm (unlike me)
Abby

·
Registered
450 Posts
My hospital was a bit more strict - no caffeine, or alcohol - throughout the whole 'trying to conceive' period not just at treatment times.  I have one alcoholic drink every fortnight (yee ha...not!) and have cut the coffee to one decaff a day...from around 8! Stopped drinking Diet Coke which was a nightmare to begin with, but now I'm surviving on water.  Hubby is worse and has gone organic!  He's doing my head in buying only unprocessed food!  He also had a rather complicated varicocelectomy to try to fix his sperm count....he's taking this infertility mallarkey very seriously..... ::)

Yvonne

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Ladybirds  :) Hope you are all well?

Wanda - I too am smoking  ??? but like you I am only smoking a few a day, as for drinking, well I don't usually drink much at all, but I do love a good old cuppa  ;D
I just had my cd3 blood tests today  ^scared^  well it wasn't that bad afterall, I had my numbing cream on & didn't feel a thing  ;D Thats how I like it!
Anyway take care girls, hope to catch up soon xx

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi Ladybirds,

Wanda- You are so funny. ;D We can eat and drink all we like, as long as we have our Folic Acid daily!!  It reminds me of when you see someone order two double cheese burgers, two fries and a diet coke!!!  I'm only joking with you  ;D ;D

Yvonne -  Good on your husband.  If we only know what all the processed crap is doing to us!

I think it is good for us to be in the best condition possible to increase our chances ^reiki^

Good luck to us all.

Anne

·
Registered
111 Posts
Morning - only me!!  ^afro^

Yvonne - you sound just like me!! It was such a struggle to give up diet coke, I used to live on the stuff. Now I am just a water machine!! I've also gone a bit organic, although I can't really afford it - expensive business this!!
I got a bit obsessed with it all after reading Marilyn Glenvilles book that told me you need to detox big time for 3 months before the treatment. I'm not sure it will affect the chances of it working but it's worth a go!
No alcohol is a bit of a struggle - noone can believe it, I was such a beer monster
;D

Anyway, I'm sure I'm getting far too obsessed with it all but it can't be doing my any harm.

Have a good day folks!

Kate x  ^babyface^

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi All

Oh crikey , Have I given a real bad impression of myself ??..  Didnt mean for the post to come across that I am some sort of  ' lager lout '  ^evil^ ...   I am only talking of the odd drink at the weekend .   I do  eat very healthily , never eat fast food and drink my water quota .

2 more days to our co ordination appointment .  Not quite sure what they do on this one . ( any ideas ? ) ... I do  know that after this we have to have another pre - admission appointment  , again not sure what its all about ..
we have read and read our info pack and we are fully armed wth questions
for Thursday , we've had to write them down and I am taking a note pad with me for the answers  ..I know what me and dp are like , we will come out of there and just look at each other blankly , expectiing each other to  have taken it all in   !!!    ^spin^ 

Oh , well , I am off to have lunch  .., A nice salad with mackerel  , and a glass of water . Just think all those omega fish  oils , how healthy am I !!!   ^dancing spot^

Catch you all later ..

Wanda x

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Wanda  ^wave^

I am sure the odd drink will do you no harm whatsoever.

Afraid I don't know what the co-ordination appointment is, you'll have to let me know. Good idea to take a notepad with you - very organised indeed!  ^clapping^

Have you had your injection lesson yet?

Hope it all goes ok!

Kate xx  ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hiya girls

Hope ur all doing ok
Wanda good luck for ur co-ordination appt tomorrow (thursday)

Hope it goes well
Keep us all updated
Best wishes
Emilyxx

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hi Ladybirds,

Just thought I mention, that  a case study was done on women who had problems conceiving and detox.  Firstly, they made sure that all women were ovulating and tubes were ok.  After taking a detox, majority of the women fell pregnant, I believe it was as high as 80%.  I will try and find the article.

If you do a detox you should not try and fall pregnant the following month as the risk of MC is high.

Anne

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hi Girls,

^wave^

Hope you are all well, I am sat at home waiting for my drugs to be delivered in time for the nurse's appointment on Friday. They are from some private company and being delivered via Parcel Force, it is me or does that seem a little odd!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, they could not give me any idea of time so may well be sat here until 5.30 waiting....

Back onto the discussion about drinking, smoking etc............ my only current vice in life is 2 cups of full caffeine coffee a day, with it being my only treat in life, I have turned into a real coffee snob and cannot abide instant anymore... only filter or latte for me.

I don't know about anyone else but I find that if I tell myself I cannot have something I just end up doing it more and more so have reached this compromise with myself... Thankfully I gave up the diet coke over a year ago after I read something about the artificial sweeteners in it pickling your insides so that has not been an issue...

For a period of time last year the DH and I saw one of Marilyn Glenville's nutritionists (not cheap) and while it was very interesting and all made sense it has to be said that the kind of lifestyle that they promote and encourage is not one that really fits in with my work/ life mix. I work on an on call basis so am frequently called out at 3 in the morning- at that time the last thing I am going to be doing is preparing myself a mung bean salad to go to keep my blood sugar balanced.... What we did do with all of the information is form a good understanding of how we should be eating etc and try and stick to it as much as our lifesyle allows without becoming obsessive.

I was never ment to be a vegan, bean eating tea totaller (I only have to put a chick pea in my mouth to induce retching) so am doing the best modification on it that I can and keeping everything crossed..... that is all we can do......

Still waiting on the drugs.......

Tikki. xx :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dear Ladybirds ^ladybird^ ^ladybird^

How are you all getting through the rainy April days?

Wanda, thanks for asking after me. Time seems to run bye and I take that as a good sign, because I know that after ET time just creeps... and thats when I'm logged on to ff at least twice a day. But right now I'm waiting for af, enjoying being drugless and spending as much time outside as I can. I'm trying not to think about what is lying ahead of me. And I must say, the break is good for my spirit.
But on the other hand I wish af would come and we could just get on with it, so I agree with janer, when you want it, it stays away!!!

The smoking, alcohol, caffeine, chocolate posts are great, you all seem to lead such a healthy life. For me coffee and chocolate are my enemy, Coffee I can manage to limit but I have such a sweet tooth.... And I know I should not, but I still do; NO willpower. I thing my cravings are linked with feeling frustrated that we are still not pg. Are there any other sweet toothed ladybirds out there?

It is so great to see the list growing and I wish all of you the best of luck for your appointments and tx starts.

love
Choccolatti

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Chocolatti  ^wave^

So you are awaiting AF too. It's sooooooo frustrating!! I am now 2 days late - it never comes when you want it does it!

Don't talk to me about sweet tooth, I am a chocolate addict, once I start I can't stop. My new vice is yoghurt covered raisins - there's bound to be something bad about those but at least it's not chocolate.

Anyway, good luck with the af wait!!

Kate xx  ^babyface^

·
Registered
218 Posts
mmmmh, yogurt covered raisins sound delicious, but hat you tried chocolate covered raisins............

On the other hand, sweets craving may mean that AF is coming!

Choccolattixx ^gift^ (lots of chocolates for you to eat)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hi Ladybirds,

^wave^ ^wave^

I too am a slave to sugar but have to say that chocolate is not my poison... cakes and especially doughnuts are mine... And have you tried Krispy Krem doughnuts as they are my absolute fave......

I was hoping someone could help me out with a couple of questions as I am a bit confused over the whole thing. I was hoping to sort it out tomorrrow at my nurses appointmnet tomorrow but they called me this morning and rescheduled it for 2 weeks time due to staff sickness.

Not impressed :mad: as have had this appointment for about 5 months and thinking that would explain all to me plus DH had taken a days holiday..

My queries are, I got all of my drugs yesterday and it looks like I am to inject throughout, I am not a sniffer..... but what I was wondering is why so I have a 21 day of Microgynon.. for years I have viewed the pill as evil and now I have to take it again????????????????

And was wondering with regard to your postings why you are waiting for your AF this month, how will it be working for you? I have been told that I start on the 1 st day of mine in May...

Sorry if my questions are a little niave  ::)  but I kind of thought this whole thing worked the same wherever you went but from reading the site it would appear not..

Take care of your wings...

Tikki. xx  :)

1 - 20 of 839 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.