Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Home! ;D

Emma - welcome over and good luck!

Zoe - many congrats to you and your hubs on your positive news! ^reiki^ Congrats!!!! ;D Don't worry about keeping your mouth shut, just think it's good news!

Jani - so sorry that it was confirmed as neg today ^Cuddle^ To get the icon's when you click the reply button to the left of where you type in the box is a drop down menu, possibly a picture and then "view all smilies" if you click on the view all smilies you can see them all, click on them and add them to your message! ;D Enjoy the exotic holiday, you deserve it (and you don't have to leave the thread if you don't want to!)

Sarz - so sorry that you've had a hard day today, it's very hard when you get a neg (been there too many times) and you have to try and be "normal" for people when all you want to do is let the tears flow. Just please remember it isn't over until the old witch arrives and fingers crossed she doesn't.

Vonnie - no way was that your af that early! Sorry it's mild ohss (does sound like it) but they are keeping an eye on you and it could be promising news! Have a look at this thread http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/*********/index.php?board=27;action=display;threadid=8923 which may explain more to you about OHSS BUT please drink lots of fluids as this will help otherwise your body can become dehydrated.

Clare - sorry the news from your hospital regarding your extra embies wasn't encouraging for you...... AF pains at the stage you are at - are not AF pains - please remember with that many eggies you would have been poked and prodded about and then ET on top all makes things very uncomfy. You're not selfish about your SIL's pgy, we all deal with stuff differently. Is there any way you can get some breathing space from your MIL?

Rachel and Sonia, thinking of you and good luck for your tests!

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Good luck
Love Sue
xxxxxx

GOOD LUCK!

JoJo IVF FET 02.05.04 ^reiki^
JMAS IVF 04.05.04 ^reiki^
Caroline1 IUI 04.05.04 ^reiki^
Bagpuss IVF 05.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Justme ICSI FET 05.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Kitty1 IVF 05.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Hermione FET IVF 05.05.04 ^reiki^
Nancy IVF 06.05.04 ^reiki^
Paddi ICSI 06.05.04 ^reiki^
Dixy ICSI 06.05.04
mizz-gizz IUI 07.05.04 ^Cuddle^
shart (Sinead) IVF 07.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Sinbad IUI 08.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Candy IUI 08.05.04 ^Cuddle^
MoS ICSI 08.05.04 ^reiki^
becs IVF 09.05.04 ^Cuddle^
chica fuego IVF 10.05.04 ^reiki^
Lisa Lou FET IVF 10.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Sazzie IVF 10.05.04 ^reiki^
Loch_ness IVF 12.05.04 ^reiki^
TracyAnn IVF 12.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Caron IVF 12.05.04 ^Cuddle^
tweetypie ICSI 13.05.04 ^reiki^
mcmak IVF 13.05.04 ^reiki^
mimhg IUI 14.05.04 ^Cuddle^
kimj IUI 14.05.04 ^Cuddle^
neona60483 IUI 14.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Spider ICSI 15.05.04 ^reiki^
Anastasia ICSI 19.05.04 ^reiki^
clare b FET IVF 20.05.04 ^reiki^
murtle IUI 20.05.04 ^Cuddle^
JoanneL IVF 20.05.04 ^reiki^
Kim IVF 20.05.04 ^reiki^ ;D ;D
Gail M IVF 20.05.04 ^reiki^ ;D
Laine Clomid 20.05.04 ^Cuddle^
jani08 IVF 21.05.04 ^Cuddle^
ansie FET ICSI 21.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Rachel 28 ICSI 21.05.04
ZoeB ICSI 21.05.04 ^reiki^
Sonia IVF 23.05.04
sarz ICSI 25.05.04
Larwa FET ICSI 25.05.04 ^Cuddle^
AngeK DIVF 26.05.04
NC FET ICSI 26.05.04
monicatje ICSI 26.05.04
Thistle ICSI 27.05.04
Vonnie IVF 27.05.04
sharon m IUI 28.05.04
Allison T DIVF 28.05.04
LisaA IVF 29.05.04
JenniferF IUI 29.05.04
luise IVF 31.05.04
lulu434 ICSI 01.06.04
Emmo O IUI 02.06.04
Oink IUI 02.06.04
Nicnack ICSI 02.06.04
Clare25 ICSI 03.06.04
Lisae IVF 04.06.04

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Hi eggies

Dont worry, i am not here to moan this time i am feeling a lot better..... almost semi positive!!

AngeK, spider and Sue ..... thanks for the reassurance - its just what i needed! DH is going to have words with MIL - i have already told her that i just want to get back to normal (as much as poss) and wait til the test date. I just dont need her fussing over me i just want to get on with it, hopefully she will get the hint. ^shake^

Heres to a sunny relaxing weekend. ^sunny^
Good luch tester! ^thumbsup^
Clare
xx

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi all
I'm not sure about posting on here, I don't know if its a bad omen, not you, but.............. you know what I mean!!

I had iui on wednesday and am due to test on the 2nd of June!! Thats the first time I have thought about that!!! OMG!!! Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that, maybe that will be a bad omen too!!! ( here I go again!! sorry!) :-X

I am trying not to think about the 2ww, I have 2 degree assignments to be handed in the day after the test day so I am hoping they will take my mind off waiting, I know I am fooling myself, thats why I am typing this message and not the the assignment!!! :-\

Good luck to all of you
I will pop back if I don't feel like the black cloud is above me!!! (sorry!)
love from
Oink ^pig^

·
Registered
15 Posts
Zoe,

Congrats on your good news...all the best.

Larwa

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi girls,

Its so hard to keep up with everyone. Apologies to all of you still on the 2WW that i wont mention. Good luck with your cycles and lets make the positves a bumper crop this month!

Sending big hugs to Ansie, Murtle and Larwa. IVF can be so cruel cant it. I hope you all get to your dream in the future. ^group^

Congratulations to ClareB and ZoeB. Fantastic news girls. Keep us informed as to how the baby scans go! ^reiki^

Good luck to Sonia on your test this weekend.

I am half way thu the 2WW. Why does it go so slow?

Love Alli
x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats to Claire B and Zoe B I'm so pleased for you both ^shake^ ^shake^ ^shake^ ^shake^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^.

Murtle & Lawra, so sorry it wasn't this time! ^group^ ^group^ take care of yourselves.

Sarz, try not to read into those symptoms (easier said than do). I didn't feel any different and got a BFP. Thre is still hope, honest! take it from me - Ms Paranoid. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Can't believe how many people have posted on here last couple of days. Good luck to all due to test. ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

i'm off to Anglesey for a week, so catch up with you ladies when I get back. Then I might move to the bun in the oven bit.

love anastasia xx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks to everyone for your concern and kind words.

Sue the websites are really helpful as this is my only way of getting info out here.

I now think my hospital are on the ball and taking no chances with OHSS cases, which is very comforting.

Today - no pain, no bleeding. Everything seems back to normal. The feet are now going to stay off the ground as much as possible for the next few days, just in case there still is a chance for me.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Have a great weekend.

Vonnie

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Girls

Thanks for all your lovely messages, I am feeling a lot better now. I had a great birthday, really enjoyed seeing all my friends and having a drink or two.

Not sure what we are going to do next, might get a free go on the NHS but I'm really not sure about staying with our hospital as it hasn't worked so far! I'm worried that we are not giving ourselves the best chance. Anyone got recommendations for London, we found the ARGC very grumpy!! but what the hell, I guess - if it works!!

CONGRATS to all with positives, big hugs to all the girls like me

Ansie xx

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Vonnie - glad to hear that the bleeding has stopped now - that is a very good sign ;D Yes rest heaps. Still hoping for the bfp for you :)

I am on Cycle Day 8 (CD8) (Angie this means it is 8 days since I had my IUI) so over half way there. Boobs still very sore but they have been for about 10 days so not taking any notice of that.

Off on hols on Monday so will catch up with you all on my return. Hope to see lots of bfps ;D

All the best

Jenny

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi 2wwers

Can I climb into the bottom?

After ICSI I had two day 3 embies returned this morning, one 8 call and one 6 cell. I hope they are feeling at home!

I have been given a test date of 2 weeks after egg collection - 2 June. Is that right? Clare25 I see your test date is 3 June but you had ET a couple of days ago. mmmm confused of Bedfordshire.

Anyhow, the sooner the better I say. Wishing us all ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love Nicnack ;D

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Hiya all

Glad ET went well nicknack - good embies ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^clapping^!!

I am confused re:test date as well. Everywhere/one seems to be different ---- i was told 16 :eek: :eek: days after, ET being day 1. I dont want to wait that long, i dont know why they have said that .... maybe to be sure of a true result as i will not be going to the clinic for a blood test, they have send us off with a kit! ^chuckle^ I have got to put 3 drops of wee on the stick with a pipett thing!!

Anyway take it easy and lets hope we have a good couple of weeks without going loopy ^confused^

Clare
xx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ansie - I can recommend the Lister in London - they have excellent results and the consultants are really friendly. I went there after being given the run-around at NHS hospitals - definately worth it!

Good Luck

Love Ange x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hiya

Clare - glad your dh is speaking to his mum ;) should take the pressure off you!

Oink - welcome!!!!!! ;) and good luck with the degree assignments AND the 2ww!

Anastasia - enjoy Anglesey!

Vonnie - glad you found the websites helpful! Just take it easy though.

Ansie - glad you had a good birthday, just hope you are bearing up. Like Ange, I had my tx at the Lister....... totally comfortable there. The good thing with them is that they test for immunology stuff too!

Jennifer - hope you have a wonderful hols! Where you off to?

Nicnack - course you can climb in here! Those embies are brilliant! ;)

Re testing - as a general rule of thumb! ;) You shouldn't test before your test date that you are given as they are normally given for a reason. However, if you are tempted to test early, 10 days past transfer date the hcg shot you have should be out of the system but whether the hpt shows a positive may not be clear at that stage.

With IVF/ICSI when they know that an embryo has been replaced, they generally state 14 days after a 2 or 3 day transfer. If the transfer is a blastocyst transfer some clinics still ask you to wait 14 days but at the clinic I'm at they say 10 days past transfer (the embryo is at a further stage by the time replacement is done, so theoretically implants quicker).

With IUI, it can be 14 days but sometimes 16 to allow for the difference between IVF/ICSI and IUI.

I hope that helps!

Love Sue
xxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hi there,

I am new to the site & hope you don't mind if I join you all here?

I had my second IUI on 14th May and am due to test on the 28th, so am half way through the 2ww. I feel just the same as last time so one minute I feel quite positive and the next I have convinced myself it hasn't worked...

Just wish I could stop thinking about it & analysing every little twinge.

Hope you don't mind me butting in. Lots of luck to you all.

Minkey x

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Minkey - welcome to you ;D I am due to test on the 29th (was supposed to be the 28th but I am on holiday then as I go on holiday to Morecambe Bay on Monday to Friday). Like you I swing from being sure it has worked to being sure it hasn't. The second week of the 2ww is much harder than the first week isn't it. Oh well, this time next week it will all be over for us one way or another :eek:

Best wishes

Jenny

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi girls

im only on my 2nd day and im bored and fed up already!
didnt sleep 2 well last night, ive got up with pains in my tummy but im not sure if its from theegg collection the other day??? hope its nothing 2 worry about.

love lisa x x x x ^confused^ ^confused^ ^confused^

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hi there,

Is it just me, or are other people waking up at the crack of dawn each morning?

Most this week it has been about 5am! I am not in any pain, so why is that?

Minkey x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Morning! ;)

Minkey - welcome !!! and good luck - half way through now! ;)

Lisae - welcome and good luck as well! Pain at this stage is most likely from egg collection.

I wont be able to update the list till Wednesday for any news/newcomers so here it is up to present!

Good luck to those who test!

Rachel 28 and Sonia and Sarz, Ange, NC, monicatje (if you test early)

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Good luck
Love Sue
xxxxxx

GOOD LUCK!

JoJo IVF FET 02.05.04 ^reiki^
JMAS IVF 04.05.04 ^reiki^
Caroline1 IUI 04.05.04 ^reiki^
Bagpuss IVF 05.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Justme ICSI FET 05.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Kitty1 IVF 05.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Hermione FET IVF 05.05.04 ^reiki^
Nancy IVF 06.05.04 ^reiki^
Paddi ICSI 06.05.04 ^reiki^
Dixy ICSI 06.05.04
mizz-gizz IUI 07.05.04 ^Cuddle^
shart (Sinead) IVF 07.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Sinbad IUI 08.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Candy IUI 08.05.04 ^Cuddle^
MoS ICSI 08.05.04 ^reiki^
becs IVF 09.05.04 ^Cuddle^
chica fuego IVF 10.05.04 ^reiki^
Lisa Lou FET IVF 10.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Sazzie IVF 10.05.04 ^reiki^
Loch_ness IVF 12.05.04 ^reiki^
TracyAnn IVF 12.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Caron IVF 12.05.04 ^Cuddle^
tweetypie ICSI 13.05.04 ^reiki^
mcmak IVF 13.05.04 ^reiki^
mimhg IUI 14.05.04 ^Cuddle^
kimj IUI 14.05.04 ^Cuddle^
neona60483 IUI 14.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Spider ICSI 15.05.04 ^reiki^
Anastasia ICSI 19.05.04 ^reiki^
clare b FET IVF 20.05.04 ^reiki^
murtle IUI 20.05.04 ^Cuddle^
JoanneL IVF 20.05.04 ^reiki^
Kim IVF 20.05.04 ^reiki^ ;D ;D
Gail M IVF 20.05.04 ^reiki^ ;D
Laine Clomid 20.05.04 ^Cuddle^
jani08 IVF 21.05.04 ^Cuddle^
ansie FET ICSI 21.05.04 ^Cuddle^
Rachel 28 ICSI 21.05.04 ^reiki^
ZoeB ICSI 21.05.04 ^reiki^
Sonia IVF 23.05.04
sarz ICSI 25.05.04
Larwa FET ICSI 25.05.04 ^Cuddle^
AngeK DIVF 26.05.04
NC FET ICSI 26.05.04
monicatje ICSI 26.05.04
Thistle ICSI 27.05.04
Vonnie IVF 27.05.04
sharon m IUI 28.05.04
Allison T DIVF 28.05.04
Minkey IUI 28.05.04
LisaA IVF 29.05.04
JenniferF IUI 29.05.04
luise IVF 31.05.04
lulu434 ICSI 01.06.04
Emmo O IUI 02.06.04
Oink IUI 02.06.04
Nicnack ICSI 02.06.04
Clare25 ICSI 03.06.04
Lisae IVF 04.06.04

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone

Not been on here for a few days. I went for my blood test on the 21st at 8 am and had to wait until after 3pm to get the results. When I got home I started to bleed a bit so thought it was all over and prepared for a negative result. I rang after 3pm and to my surprise they said it was positive. ^spin^

I have to go back tomorrow for another blood test to make sure that everything is still ok. They said to rest over the weekend and that if I am losing it at this early stage it won't make any difference what I do. It hasn't sunk in yet as I'm not wanting to get my hopes up but at least I know I can get preg.

Congratulations to all the other +ives out there and sorry to them who it has not worked for this time.

·
Registered
251 Posts
^banana^ Congratulations Rachael!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get another positive when you test again tomorrow. You and DH must be so pleased. The sun is shining, put your feet up, relax and get DH to pamper you!!

Good Luck!

Lulu xx ^Cuddle^

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.