Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi girls

just thought id start a new thread for everyone who got there BFPs as there were so many of us, and i know we cant keep chatting on the cycle buddies thread for ever ( can we !!!)

is this a good idea ????

p.s anyone else can join too

natalie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
514 Posts
hey hun...Ive found you, took me while- I have a small brain !!  ::) ::)

Yes good idea ....I know that some of us lucky ones ask questions about pg, sometimes feel abit guillty 'going on' about symptons etc when some of our fellow maybies are still struggling thru the crappy 2ww. 

Read your main post- glad you had a good weekend and had lots of bbqs. Our friend came down from Bristol so had to meet him in town but that meant missing bbq round Dp mums .....altho I love our friend, secretly I wanted to go round to mum IL's bbq  ::) ::) Oh well hoping this lovely weather continues and well have loads more bbq weekends  ^pray^ ^pray^

It is sinking in yet? Some days It doesnt feel real.....been reading whats happening and still cant get my head around it, I think it maybe cos I havent been really sick or had real bad symptons......I know its still early. Hoping scan tomorrow will confirm all ok and wel be able to breath a sigh of relief. Yeah the waiting is a nightmare but been trying to enjoy being pg........its amazing isnt ....Ive never felt so happy  :) :) :) :) let me know what your levels are end of the week.

Big  ^hugme^ xxxxx

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hiya

glad you found us !!! just thought that it would be good to chat about our BFPs without upsetting anyone!!!

im so so so happy i just feel to lucky and dont want any of this to be taken away from me, am just getting tired and out of breath at the moment have felt sick once and thats it just taking each week one at a time.

im 5  weeks today yay so still so early.

did you have bloods done when u tested ???

natalie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yeah I had blood test on day 12 and then done every other day and had last one done on Thurs- it had got up to 9900. I was told by someone else at my clinic that they like levels to get up to 10k mark then they stop blood tests and do scan. Every clinics different and mine was very intense start to finish so not surprised i still had to go up there afterwards. I kept going onto trimesters thread and reading all the bloomin hcg levels ......started getting obsessed with them until had enough  ::)

Ive been like you really- only felt sick a couple of times but that was only when I was bit hungry. My tum is very bloated tho- hows yours? Im still havin g to have clexane jabs in tum, gestone,pessaries and steriod tablets.....so Im hoping its due to the drugs otherwise Im going to be HUGE by 7 months !!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D Not that I care really as sooo happy.... just wondering if big belly so early on was normal....altho its prob cos weve had tx maybe  :-\

have you told all your family and friends?

xxx

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hello thanks for the post Nat . Just popping by to say hi to both of you. everyone knows at work as i am no longer in uniform - doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out why  ::)
Also close family and friends that knew about our IVF also know - hope i havent tempted fate know they would be there for us if things go wrong. Trying to stay positive just collected more bum bullets form the clinic and am feeling knackereddddddddddddddddd  BUT I DONT CARE  ;D

I wont have any bloods i just have my first scan on 24th June - due date shown as 12th Feb. How about you two?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sukiton - thats what you pay for at ARGC i suppose but its good coz it puts your mind at ease so its worth all the money was it overly expensive to go there compared to others and why are you on steroids !!!! my clinictold me to stop cycloget but I'm carrying on not risking it.

crazy chick - hello well done for today its fab int it actually being pregnant well done, no you have not tempted fate i told all my family and close friends straight away was so looking forward to that, - just after me my scan is 24th as we go away for weekend.
i looked at the calender think on here and I'm due 9th Feb that could be wrong though !!!

so Ive heard that sitting out in the sun is bad for pregg women anyone heard more on this

also can we eat mayonnaise, Cheese cake theres so much stuff I'm unsure about

Natalie  ;D ;D ;D ;D

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi ladies room for one more? I'm 5 weeks 4 days (after 10 long years!) and determined to enjoy as much of this as I can!
Sunbathing whilst pg should be avoided (risk of overheating and your skin can be more sensitive to the sun cos of all the hormones), and as far as mayo goes, as long as it's shop-bought (made with pasteurised egg) then it's ok. I think there is a link on here to a list of foods to avoid but I'm not clever enough to post it - will try and work out how to do it! If not, try nhs direct - they should have all the info you need...
Right off to get my hair cut - try and distract myself for a couple of hours from pg thoughts - not likely!

Ellie  xx

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hi ellie  ^wave^  What you having done at hairdressers...trim or complete change of barnet? I dont know about anyone else but I have real bad grey hairs that I normally have to dye every 3 weeks....as you can imagine they are very bad at the mo !!!! What doesnt help is that I have black hair...with 2inch grey roots....mmm attractive...but Like CC said....I DONT CARE !!!!!!  ^idiot^ ;D ;D ;D

Nat- yeah it was expensive at ARGC- this cycle cost the same as my previous 4 put together !!!  :eek: :eek: But money doesnt come into it does it when you have BFP....worth every penny  :) :) :) I have no idea why Im on steroids just gonna keep taking them tho until they tell me to stop, yeah I dont blame you for keep taking pessaries.  I just want to get to that 3 mths when placenta takes over.....Im right in thinking thats why the risk dramatically drops arnt I...cos the placenta takes over?  :-\  I know everything to know the other side BFP but nothing this  side......have a look on Babycentre.....I had a look earlier and they do loads of questions/answers about what you can eat/avoid etc, if you havent already  ;) ;)

Went walking with dog on sun and forgot to put on sun lotion.....got paranoid and kept trying to duck in shade  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ I think it means avoid sunbathing doesnt it.......I know Im being thick but cant help be paranoid....at this rate Im gonna become a pale grey haired hermit !!!  ^idiot^ ;D ;D

xxxx

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yah girls, I found you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nat this is a great idea, like I said in PM, I was feeling a bit down, cos all my original FF's were going to be going in different directions and new threads are great but hey we all have a great laugh and well it's feels like I've got my own little family ^hugme^ ^hugme^
Will catch up with you all very soon, early day tomorrow so bed required, well ok just sleep required ;D
take care to you all,

SUKITON for tomorrow hun, everything x'd for you!!

G x x

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi girls

elle - welcome and hello. 10 years you have waited long enough well done. im 5 weeks today so not far behind you, so where did you have tx did it all run smoothly ??? i had mine in newcastle. thanks for all the info about the food ill try and find that thread everyone is talking about.

gadget - glad you found us, yes i felt at a bit of a loss not knowing where to go next but were here and will hopefully do a lot of good chatting over the next 8 months, im still in shock but so happy about the amount of BFPs there had been lately its fantastic.

what do you work as gadget do  u do shift work??? must be hard i love my sleep.

evening all ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

sukiton - yes money dont come into it at all ( if you have it that is hehe) but ive always heard fantastic reports about them and they get the results too, i think through out this all we need is reassurance, so how many weeks are you now! is it the 7 week scan tomorrow, how exciting you will find out if its 1 or 2 tomorrow ?? good luck i have everything crossed for you

as for me not done too much today did a bit of shopping this morning, then had a visit from our support social worker as we have our annual foster care review tomorrow.

i did acupuncture through tx did anyone else ???  and are you keeping it up think ill keep going till 16 weeks any one more info on it ??

natalie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nat- Yes Im in my 7th week- eeeek!! Feeling very apprehensive now, so off to shave lady bits in preparation, before  ^shake^ jab and BB. I also had acup during tx and am still having it. Was having it once a week but now having it once every other week- he did mention once a month but wanted it more for reassurance !! ::)  Ive been meaning to ask you nat, you have fostered a little boy havent you...can I ask how old he is and how long hes been with you? Hope you dont mind me asking  ^hugme^

xxxx

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hiya no thats fine

we have had jack a year were going long term with him hes 10 but he has moderate learning disability and adhd he gos to a special school, he is can be hard work as in tiring, but he has a great big smile and a heart of gold

the placement works very well and we are very happy.

although we have in the past had placements where it has been very difficult and brought immense stress upon us, but you need to take the rough and the smooth,

we try to have an open mind, and remember that foster children will always come with baggage how ever little or extreme.

jack like most foster kids has contact with birth families, but we get on well with his mum and Nan, this isn't always the case with some placements

we get extensive training, support , holidays and days out. so there is lots of fun involved

on the whole i love what i do and would not change it for the world, the authorities are crying out for carers as there just is not enough.

we have not mentioned to the authorities that i got a bfp nor to jack as its just such early days, i know jack will be fine he had a baby sister who has just been adopted.

Natalie

·
Registered
604 Posts
Morning girls,

Nat this is a great idea, hope the remaining maybes join us soon! Like you I am really getting used to this sunshine  ;D

Sukiton- I see you re away early for your scan, hope all goes well today!

Hallo Ellie and welcome, congratulations

Gadget- great news on twins! I am sure you are shocked but delighted!

Hi Crazychick- is it starting to sink in. My immediate family know as they knew about IVF dates etc but have banned them from getting too excited yet. I have to say, its still sinking in here but a lovely feeling

Well I had better go and do my grocery shopping ( feel like I spend most of my free time shopping or preparing food??!!  ;D ;D)

Take care,

Dahlia x

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hello girls
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

just wanting to know if anyone knows if its ok to get fillings at the dentist it would mean having anesthetic ??????

im so tired today feel like i have no motivation at all, think the stress of the past 6months is starting to hit me, but im still so happy just wish i had more energy!!!!

could so do with a nice break but DP starts new job soon and dont think id risk flying, not yet anyway!

think im just going to relax today but that seems to make me more lethargic hehe

take care girls

natalie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Hi ladies,

Is there room for another one? I tested on wed 4th, and got my first ever BFP, tested a little early and am now 4 weeks 5 days. Just starting to sink in now, but have had a little bit of spotting and some AF type cramping so am really worried that there's something wrong. Been to see my GP this morning who has agreed to do HCG bloods so have MidWife appt on thurs for first one. keeping everyithing crossed that alls ok.

Roo xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Girls

I've found you at last !!!!!!

Nat.......i'n not sure on fillings at the dentist are you going soon i am there next Thursday and will probable need a filling so if you find out first will you let me know hun.

Roo...... ^congrats^ hope all goes well with your midwife appointment.

Gadget......... WOW twins big congratulations hun how did you feel when they told you it was twins ??
Sukiton............. ^goodluck^ for you scan

Dahlia, CC, Ellie  ^wave^ hope you ladies are all ok.

take care

Sharon
xx

·
Registered
514 Posts
hello all,

Roo-  ^congrats^ on your BFP. Good luck on Thurs with your app- hopoe it goes well  ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Dahlia- Whens your scan hun? Hope your shopping trip went well.......I feel like I spend most of my free time eating !!!  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Nat- Ive Pmd you. Not sure about dentist- yourl have to check with them hun...isnt there something about mercury and pg or maybe mercury isnt in fillings now ....not sure?? 

Hello everyone- sharon, ellie, Gadget, CC

Well had scan and saw my little amigo and heartbeat - woo hoo what a relief  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ said a little prayer for amigo who didnt make it  ^pray^ Feeling more relaxed now and no more Toblerone.....which I comfort ate last night after convincing myself I wasnt pg, that Id dreamt the whole thing up and was even going to go to late nighth tesco and buy another pee stick  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ......These mind tricks are never ending !!

xxxx

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Sukiton - thanks for the welcome and fab news on your scan, must be great to see that little heart beating away - I'm sure I would have some more toblerone as a celebration ;D

Nat - I'm sure that having a filling will be ok as the anaesthetic is just a local injection - chek with your dentist just to be sure though. I need to make an appointment but am going to wait until I get confirmation of pregnancy so I can get it all free (NHS)

Hi to everyone else - just realised i'm going to be late for lunch with friend. Not sure wheter to tell her or not, she's know about my ttc plans but not about this last treatment  ???

Bye for now

Roo xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sukiton....... oh i'm so pleased your scan went well you must be so relieved now, i bet it was fantastic seeing your little one for the first time, chuffed to bits for you hunny.

Sharon
xxx

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hi Everyone.

How are you all today?

Nice and sunny here today although it's going to change, boo!!!

Have you all got bloated tummy's and having to buy new clothes???? :) 

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.