Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,

i have got my medical this morning and i'm terrified  :'( i have just sat and cried my eyes out and now i'm shaking. i feel so stupid but i can't help it i'm scared of doctors i can't stand them touching me. what did you girls have to do at yor medicals, i'm so frightened he is going to make me take my clothes off to examine me and i will feel so humiliated and ashamed. please please some one tell me he wont do this

pam xx

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Pam...

Oh mate......dont get yourself into a state....having said that I did a little bit before mine too!!  ;D ;D

My medical was so straight forward, although my DR does know me well.....but he didnt do anything apart from, weigh me, take my height blood pressure and check a urine sample!...
I had, had a smear test a few months before and had told him that a breast examinatin had been done then and that I check weekly too....

I hope everything goes ok for you...

Love Natxx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nat

i had a smear test last year but i have never had a breast exam before  ^scared^ i think because i'm only 29 and they don't usually do them at my age (i think anyway) still cr*pping myself and if i manage to not throw up in the waiting room that will be something  ;D i have got my mummy coming with me (not in the surgery) to hold my hand, strangely enough i only get like this when i have to see my own gp  :-[ other doctors i'm usually ok with. i'm hoping he will pass most of it onto the practise nurse because she's very nice and i feel comfortable with her. well better finish getting ready. i will let you know how i got on  ;)

thanks, pam xx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have just got home after my medical, and i'm now wondering why i got myself into such a state this morning  :-[ it was fine, my dr says i'm fit and healthy although my bp was slightly raised (due to stressing he thinks) and there was blood in my urine and he asked if it was that time of month, i said no not for a couple of weeks but i worked it out a min ago and i'm on day 27 so it could be that ^idiot^ also he said i need to lose weight and has told me the nurse will help me if i want, so thats good news as i need to lose 4-5 stone to get back into those size 10/12 hanging in my wardrobe  ;D i will have to have my blood pressure done again in 3 months (but it will still be high coz i'm a baby when it comes to visiting dr's) and i have to take a urine sample in tommorrow. i'm sooooo pleased it's over  ;D

pam xx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Great news Pam

Can i ask how come you got to Homestudy so soon after your last tx??

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Pam,

I will be just like you before mine, I'm sure!

So pleased it went well for you.

Laine x

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi Pam...

Just wanted to say well done on getting through the medical....ist silly looking back but it seems such a major thing that its easy to get worked up...
Great news!!

Natxxxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Pam

Sorry I wasn't here to put your mind at rest earlier, but glad you are ok about it now.

Not long to go for you now.

Good luck
Karen x

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your replies, it's sooooo much easier knowing that there are people out there that do understand  ^Cuddle^ i think i'm getting quite nervous about the whole thing as we are coming to the end of our home study, my sw says next week will be our last visit (and only a very short one)  ^scared^ she is then on holiday for 3 weeks and said next time we see her she will have our form F typed up  ;D i'm soooo excited yet sooo scared  ;D ;D

pam xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.