Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am absolutly dreading them, have forms here but am delaying as dreading it so much  :(

Could someone please tell me exactly what is involved pm if you prefer!

thank you!
:-*

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Rachelbee

Before we had the medicals we were worried sick too. They are ok the doctor goes through the form and checks height, weight, illnesses, urine sample etc. It is all ok and mine filled everything out from your medical history as per questions on the form and then sent them off to SS.

Hope this has put your mind at rest  :)

Nefe
x

·
Registered
806 Posts
Rachel - try not to fret honey, it really isn't that bad  ^hugme^.

We got the forms from our SW, filled in the bits we needed to do and then took them to the docs. Doc weighed us, tested urine sample, took blood pressure and measured how tall we were. And that was it - nothing major at all so try not to worry (I was nervous about mine too - think it's cos we get so used to being prodded and pulled  ::) about for treatment that it puts us off docs for life!)

Take care honey  ^hugme^
Sarah
xxx

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hope I am not gate crashing, but DH and I are starting to look into adoption and having read this thread about height/weight at GPs...Is BMI a consideration for prospective adoptive parents?

Rachel, Wishing you so much good luck!

Love,

Angiexxx

·
Registered
806 Posts
Angie - if I remember correctly there are some additional questions the doc has to answer if your BMI is over a certain point. Good luck with your journey!
S
xx

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
hi

i recently had my medical for the fostering process and was really nervous about it due to medical history with anti depressants etc but it actually went ok. my doc was lovely and did height/weight/checked urine/blood pressure etc and also had to do a hearing & eye test then for some reason had to check my boobs for lumps etc but it was all on the form so he needed to do it!

if your bmi is highish then theres just a few more questions he needs to fill in but thats it.

the sooner you do it the sooner its over babe  ^hugme^

good luck  :-*

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi there
i sympathise! you may have noticed i was really worried about the medicals too, which we had last week. as the others were saying it was all fine - i had got self into a tizz about being stressed out and blood pressure being too high (which it was a bit - but it was still ok!)
re the bmi thing - he said to us that if its over 30 you have to put down a waist measurement..?
anyway, best of luck xxx

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im worried about the medical as well. Mainly as we are both overweight, and our GP isnt the most friendliest and certainly doesnt have a very good bedside manner.
But it doesnt sound as bad I feel its going to be.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hiya All

My doc weighed me, height and worked my BMI out but nothing has been said from the medical advisor about it as mine said they look at the details at the bottom and i am of good health.

Nefe  :)

xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts